Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

I spoke with #BarryMorphew’s neighbor about the arrest. Watch the interview here: https://bit.ly/2QSNffm

Question as I have been away from this case for a long time. Wasn't Lauren the one who was / appeared to be taken off the case when she was the best reporter?

Can anyone let me know if my memory was correct, or was that another case/another reporter. And if you could refresh my memory, if indeed it was her, why she was taken off the case reporting, and when did she get back on and why.

TIA

I’m not convinced. When you love someone, you put them first in your life, and Barry doesn’t appear to have done that. He maybe thought he loved her.
I still struggle with the daughters and they’re loyalty to their father. I’m not judging the girls, but it’s revealing in the sense that BM still has their trust. They love their dad. Do teenagers and young adults adore their abusive parents? There is something off, either in our reality or in the daughters’ reality. There is still a puzzle piece missing in my opinion.

The most dangerous time for an abused wife, is when they try to leave.

Is it incorrect reporting (supposition) that Suzanne was 'last seen' on the bike ride?
Just wondering, as I have seen it reported in several Colorado media articles.

She was last seen leaving her Salida home for a bike ride on Mother's Day.
Suzanne Morphew went missing 8 months ago | 9news.com

She had last been seen leaving on a bike ride from her home in Maysville
Missing on bike ride: Suzanne Morphew's brother starts search

... was last seen on Mother’s Day, May 10.
Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Reportedly Biking When She Disappeared

Agree. I believe the last prior independent visual sighting of Suzanne by someone other than BM was on May 8.

The May 10 day is reported by the suspect arrested for her murder.

So said red headed woman seen with BM came to town to confront BM? That was a serious degree of risk on her part. Curious what the discussion between said woman and the Deputies was about. How ironic would it be if BM had called LE to report her for making "terroristic threats"?
Maybe she wore a wire?

Is it incorrect reporting (supposition) that Suzanne was 'last seen' on the bike ride?

Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Reportedly Biking When She Disappeared
I’m going to go with it being inaccurate reporting and/or they are just going by what BM said. Noone ever came forward and said they saw Suzanne either leaving her home for a bike ride, or anywhere out on a bike ride, nor has LE ever confirmed Suzanne was last seen on a bike ride.
CCSO Press Release’s all along stated Suzanne reportedly went for a bike ride, reportedly being the key word. In fact, LE Press Release dated 11/10/20 on the 6 month anniversary of Suzanne’s “disappearance” , eliminated the fake bike ride story altogether, and stated that Suzanne was last seen by her husband Barry Morphew on Sunday, 5/10/20.
A big not so subtle message to ole Barry that LE weren’t buying his BS bike ride narrative.

There was never any bike ride taken by Suzanne on Sunday, May 10, 2020.
It’s a BM manufactured narrative, a ruse,
one of his many poor attempts at misdirection.

Note, the bike ride has been removed from Suzanne’s thread title.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
When you are trauma bonded to an abusive parent as a child, you develop a deep sense of loyalty that feels like love. They are probably shocked, in denial, etc. Who knows what he told them this past year. Hard to understand manipulation and control if you have never experienced it. So, what's wrong is their reality. They will stand by his version of the truth. After all, they can't accept this man could possibly do this. I feel so bad for them. I could never imagine.
And yet many of us probably know of individuals who ‘hate’ a sibling or their parents, and are not on talking terms, over what could be considered far less trivial matters.

I think the daughters were mad at their mom for curtailing their activities, It would explain why they didn’t get in touch with SMs family, stand by their dad etc
Yes, something is off in the dynamic, JMO.
Suzanne's sister Melinda said on GMA "you girls were the heart & soul of your Mom". Family seems to know what's up.

I think there's a possibility there was a rift between SM and some of her immediate family members that had nothing to do with BM. I'm sure many of us have experienced that ourselves or seen it play out in someone's family we know. If the girls didn't have a strong relationship with every single family member in SM's immediate family, it's probably not going to happen now. Maybe I'm a jerk with the way I view things, but family dynamics are interesting and not always perfect.

I was invited to a friends family BBQ and when I arrived the uncle said "nice to meet you and welcome to our family's dysfunction". He was serious. lol

IMO

IIRC, (I followed in beginning) it was "a big lie" based on him asking the neighbor as to if the bike was there... and the media went with the headline of that lie..... and then came mountain lion headlines... etc.

I'm sure I saw this here yesterday but now I can't seem to locate it.
Lauren Scharf either tweeted or posted on her FB, that the young red-headed woman Barry's been seen with in town, is actually a friend of Suzanne's.
Can someone point me back to that post of LS?

Link to the Crime Stories podcast with Lauren Scharf and TD.

Scroll down, its the first one posted.. yesterday at 2:03pm.
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

I think the daughters were mad at their mom for curtailing their activities, It would explain why they didn’t get in touch with SMs family, stand by their dad etc

Considering that is was reported that BM isolated SM from her own family, I don’t think it’s a stretch at assume he did the same thing to the girls.

My guess is that part of BM’s control over the girls was the amount of money he spent on them with trips, cars, nice stuff. That combined with a fear of their dad’s temper and being the only living immediate family member could be why they are still by his side.

The sad thing is that SM is gone, BM might spend the rest of his life behind bars it these girls have their whole life ahead of them without either parent and unimaginable mental and emotional obstacles to over come.

I’m not convinced. When you love someone, you put them first in your life, and Barry doesn’t appear to have done that. He maybe thought he loved her.
I still struggle with the daughters and they’re loyalty to their father. I’m not judging the girls, but it’s revealing in the sense that BM still has their trust. They love their dad. Do teenagers and young adults adore their abusive parents? There is something off, either in our reality or in the daughters’ reality. There is still a puzzle piece missing in my opinion.
I think they’re desperate to hold on to the only parent they have left. I think they may have even bonded with him over the past year. I’m sure he’s been on his very best behavior with them. o_O
I think it’s normal for them to do this but I wonder what’s going to happen when they have to hear all the evidence. Ugh. If he cared at all about them he would confess and spare them a trial. But that’s sure not going to happen!

Last edited:
Considering that is was reported that BM isolated SM from her own family, I don’t think it’s a stretch at assume he did the same thing to the girls.

My guess is that part of BM’s control over the girls was the amount of money he spent on them with trips, cars, nice stuff. That combined with a fear of their dad’s temper and being the only living immediate family member could be why they are still by his side.

The sad thing is that SM is gone, BM might spend the rest of his life behind bars it these girls have their whole life ahead of them without either parent and unimaginable mental and emotional obstacles to over come.

And per the PE YouTube, one of his daughters is graduating from college this weekend. A joyous life event which is overshadowed by her father being arrested. MOO

I wouldn't call it incorrect reporting, since they were reporting what BM said. It was a lie of course since she never did go for a bike ride, but it was accurate reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam