UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel there could be a link between the Julia James murder and that of Maria Rawlings.

Distance isn't so much of an issue considering that serial murderers average distance-t0-kill can range from less than a mile to over 500 miles. People are mobile and thus murderers are mobile. As America had a boom in serial murderers with the launch of highways, our own motorways, A and B roads facilitate killers further away from their immediate vicinities.

The location of both body finds are similar, though Maria Rawlings more suburban but still in green space where people walk their dogs. Both locations were metres away from an A-road (A2 in the James case, A12 in the Rawlings case). Both women lay dead in places where school-children might see them on the way home, on time for the post-school crowd.

The MO of causing death seems similar; both involved blunt-force trauma, although Rawlings also suffered neck compression. We haven't had full details of how Julia James died as yet.

The profile of both victims is not dissimilar. Julia was 53 and Maria 45. They're both white British, both from home counties, and both not at work in the afternoon.

The time the women were found/murdered is also similar. James supposedly left home around 14.30 and police were called at 16.08. Rawlings was found at 14.00. This is the post-lunch/pre-evening (13.00-17.00) time of day, when not much happens except to do with schools closing for the day.

If they are related, I'd look at the similarities between the victims, and the time of day as a key signal. If linked, there's a pathological need for the killer to viciously hurt middle-aged white women and leave them broken and exposed in time for the schoolkids walking home. It's broadly about 'revenge' but only in the pathological sense, against some deep-set long-ago 'wrong', and not directly against these women.

If these two cases were linked and I were to geo-profile them together, I'd say the offender is someone who would live somewhere with a buffer from both incidents, most likely London or the part of Kent closer to London. He's mobile for work reasons connecting Essex and eastern Kent. I'd look at Dartford, Maidstone and Bromley.

But if they aren't linked, and if there aren't any more similar killings within a 15-mile radius of Snowdown, then the profile would be the original disorganised offender suffering from psychosis. It would be hard to consider any other type of killer with that kind of short range combined with the disorganised nature of the murder. He would be somewhere in the triangle between Margate-Canterbury-Dover.
Interesting that you are saying distance isn't much of an issue as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs. I am trying to get some more info by joining some forums.

I do feel there could be a link between the Julia James murder and that of Maria Rawlings.

Distance isn't so much of an issue considering that serial murderers average distance-t0-kill can range from less than a mile to over 500 miles. People are mobile and thus murderers are mobile. As America had a boom in serial murderers with the launch of highways, our own motorways, A and B roads facilitate killers further away from their immediate vicinities.

The location of both body finds are similar, though Maria Rawlings more suburban but still in green space where people walk their dogs. Both locations were metres away from an A-road (A2 in the James case, A12 in the Rawlings case). Both women lay dead in places where school-children might see them on the way home, on time for the post-school crowd.

The MO of causing death seems similar; both involved blunt-force trauma, although Rawlings also suffered neck compression. We haven't had full details of how Julia James died as yet.

The profile of both victims is not dissimilar. Julia was 53 and Maria 45. They're both white British, both from home counties, and both not at work in the afternoon.

The time the women were found/murdered is also similar. James supposedly left home around 14.30 and police were called at 16.08. Rawlings was found at 14.00. This is the post-lunch/pre-evening (13.00-17.00) time of day, when not much happens except to do with schools closing for the day.

If they are related, I'd look at the similarities between the victims, and the time of day as a key signal. If linked, there's a pathological need for the killer to viciously hurt middle-aged white women and leave them broken and exposed in time for the schoolkids walking home. It's broadly about 'revenge' but only in the pathological sense, against some deep-set long-ago 'wrong', and not directly against these women.

If these two cases were linked and I were to geo-profile them together, I'd say the offender is someone who would live somewhere with a buffer from both incidents, most likely London or the part of Kent closer to London. He's mobile for work reasons connecting Essex and eastern Kent. I'd look at Dartford, Maidstone and Bromley.

But if they aren't linked, and if there aren't any more similar killings within a 15-mile radius of Snowdown, then the profile would be the original disorganised offender suffering from psychosis. It would be hard to consider any other type of killer with that kind of short range combined with the disorganised nature of the murder. He would be somewhere in the triangle between Margate-Canterbury-Dover.
Interesting that you are saying distance isn't much of an issue as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs. I am trying to get some more info by joining some forums.
The large holdall puts me in mind of something. I don't know if it's a thing in the south of England, but in the north we often get young guys about his age carrying large holdalls like that calling door to door selling cleaning products. They introduce themselves as ex offenders on rehabilitation schemes.
Interesting that you mention the South East as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs staring at dog walkers. I am just trying to gather all the information.

The large holdall puts me in mind of something. I don't know if it's a thing in the south of England, but in the north we often get young guys about his age carrying large holdalls like that calling door to door selling cleaning products. They introduce themselves as ex offenders on rehabilitation schemes.
Interesting that you mention the South East as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs staring at dog walkers. I am just trying to gather all the information.

I'm going for two different perps, with different motivations. However, I really like your thoughts and reasoning.

I think the JJ perp is probably someone with some kind of psychosis issues. I don't think that's the case with the MR attacker, I think this one had a clear motive and knew exactly what they were doing and why.

Some additional information I've gathered from the original photo on the police website - note this could be wrong depending on how the photo has been processed after capture but I assume the police will be showing the highest possible resolution for maximum detail although I may be wrong.

This may give some context in terms of how it was taken - i.e. even though it looks like a close up, it probably isn't:

You can clearly see digital artefacts in the photo that confirm this is quite zoomed / cropped

Photo is relatively low resolution 225 x 370 pixels suggesting it is heavily cropped / digitally zoomed

A modern mobile phone takes photos around 4000 x 3000 pixels (12 megapixels) so this image would be only less than 5% of a full size mobile phone photo.

If it was body worn video camera the resolution would probably be 1920 x 1080 so again suggesting this is heavily cropped - about 10-20% of the full image.

Examples below of how big the original image could have been to help give context to the photo

upload_2021-5-7_16-39-2.png

upload_2021-5-7_16-39-12.png

Last edited:
Some additional information I've gathered from the original photo on the police website - note this could be wrong depending on how the photo has been processed after capture but I assume the police will be showing the highest possible resolution for maximum detail although I may be wrong.

This may give some context in terms of how it was taken - i.e. even though it looks like a close up, it probably isn't:

You can clearly see digital artefacts in the photo that confirm this is quite zoomed / cropped

Photo is relatively low resolution 225 x 370 pixels suggesting it is heavily cropped / digitally zoomed

A modern mobile phone takes photos around 4000 x 3000 pixels (12 megapixels) so this image would be only less than 5% of a full size mobile phone photo.

If it was body worn video camera the resolution would probably be 1920 x 1080 so again suggesting this is heavily cropped - about 10-20% of the full image.

Examples below of how big the original image could have been to help give context to the photo

View attachment 296252

View attachment 296253

Super helpful to get a sense of how zoomed in this is. I find it interesting that most of the MSM are using the cropped version of the pic without his blue Nike bag, it's actually quite hard to find a full length version of the pic... I wonder if this is just because it fits better with the format of online new articles or whether two versions were released.

The South Downs National Park area covers around 630 square miles, so I'm sure there are lots of people hiding out there tbf!

RS&BBM.

I think that's a Nike Swoosh on his bag not a money belt, unless you're looking at something I haven't noticed. Similar to this bag:

61HkVXKmyqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nike-Brasilia-Duffel-Training-Holdall/dp/B01DXALBBU

77DX5IU7ONMMX8QHR4WP.jpg

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/_media/img/750x0/77DX5IU7ONMMX8QHR4WP.jpg
Well spotted, could well be!

View attachment 296252

View attachment 296253

Do you think the police have a full body head to foot image,but are only releasing his face and upper body?

Looking at the sky and light can anyone work out what time of day it was taken?

Just popped on since seeing the photo this afternoon .... wow. Interesting.

looking like very much a random Murder

Random, as in, if he didn't kill Julia, it would have been another person he saw instead?

Sort of a deranged 'just kill anyone, then run away' kind of thing?

yeah, if not Julia then another female (maybe male...)

wonder where this photo has surfaced from and why !

I wonder if the photo released is of one of the 'multiple persons' who discovered the body? Maybe he was the first person there, and left the scene before the police came along, then someone else saw him subsequently and took the pic, and the other people who found the body have identified him as being there?
That would explain a few things, including the releasing of the photo.

I wonder if the photo released is of one of the 'multiple persons' who discovered the body? Maybe he was the first person there, and left the scene before the police came along, then someone else saw him subsequently and took the pic, and the other people who found the body have identified him as being there?
That would explain a few things, including the releasing of the photo.

tell me if I’m wrong but I thought I read the picture was taken the day after Julia was found ?

Without thinking I just followed that link and was instantly reminded why I avoid twitter like the toxic plague that it is.
It depends upon how yo use it.
It's excellent for academia and criminology.
But necessary to edit and report violating accounts frequently. That's work but it's worth doing.
You will also find new information quickly, valuable info that won't make MSM.
I love it but I take no prisoners.

Super helpful to get a sense of how zoomed in this is. I find it interesting that most of the MSM are using the cropped version of the pic without his blue Nike bag, it's actually quite hard to find a full length version of the pic... I wonder if this is just because it fits better with the format of online new articles or whether two versions were released.

Agree - far more helpful to have the pic showing the bag

It depends upon how yo use it.
It's excellent for academia and criminology.
But necessary to edit and report violating accounts frequently. That's work but it's worth doing.
You will also find new information quickly, valuable info that won't make MSM.
I love it but I take no prisoners.

I know it can be useful but the bad outweighs the good IMO, so I tend to avoid it, certainly on things like this case (and football).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard