Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Caldwell is BG, I don't think LE is in any hurry to bring charges. They may have a slam-dunk with the 9-year old's case, and this one may be much more iffy/circumstantial. They would need to prioritize which case would be prosecuted first, and which has the best chance of conviction. Perhaps even some leverage in one case with the other? He's in one place for a very long time now. MOO They will take their time to make the case and put it all together.... IF it is indeed him. We'll know, and most importantly the girls' families will know in due time.

If Caldwell isn't BG it seems to me that LE would want to waste no time to make that known to the public.. as a lot of people think Caldwell is BG, and the Delphi case might not get the attention it has been getting. If BG is still out there, he needs to still be on the 'front-burner' and caught as soon as possible. JMO

Last edited:
I think Libby put phone in her pocket and it fell out. He couldn't find it on her and did not have time to go searching around. I really do think it's that simple.

As far as Snapchat - are locations tagged? Like on Instagram you can follow a # and see anytime someone uses that #. Or you can just look up a # and see people's posts. Could he have followed the bridge or searched for it and be able to see people's pictures of it? Did she tag it?

That would be the same crime of opportunity as the 9 yr old. He sees on SC 2 girls isolated on a bridge and he is there in the woods or trail.

If Caldwell isn't BG it seems to me that LE would want to waste no time to make that known to the public.. as a lot of people think they have BG, and the Delphi case might not get the attention it has been getting. If BG is still out there, he needs to still be on the 'front-burner' caught as soon as possible. JMO

Great point and I hope that means we get an answer one way or the other shortly. The case is making headlines again and could generate a lot of tips if he is not BG.

I think Libby put phone in her pocket and it fell out. He couldn't find it on her and did not have time to go searching around. I really do think it's that simple.

As far as Snapchat - are locations tagged? Like on Instagram you can follow a # and see anytime someone uses that #. Or you can just look up a # and see people's posts. Could he have followed the bridge or searched for it and be able to see people's pictures of it? Did she tag it?

That would be the same crime of opportunity as the 9 yr old. He sees on SC 2 girls isolated on a bridge and he is there in the woods or trail.
They wouldn't need to tag it - the location would be instantly recognizable to a local, especially to someone in the park at that very time.

However, I don't know if he did see the photo. It's not necessary for him to have seen it as he obviously captured and killed the girls whether he saw it or not. I'm just not forgetting about Snapchat just yet.

jmo

Last edited:
Great point and I hope that means we get an answer one way or the other shortly. The case is making headlines again and could generate a lot of tips if he is not BG.

Agreed. It seems logical to me that LE would work to quickly rule JBC out as a suspect, and let the public know. As long as he is labeled as such; I don't imagine much work would go into looking for "the real BG". IMO

If there was plenty of DNA evidence from the crime scene and JBC has spent a bit of time in jail surely they would have his prints and dna and know by now or very soon whether he is responsible for the Delphi murders? Is there some express service on codis matching with cases like this?

My opinion is it's not him. I can't shake that comment from Supt Carter saying when this is figured out they will realise they were onto something at the start. I really believe it.

hmm but IMO that comment fits BJC to a tee. Two children are killed in a spot like this, among the first things LE will try to track down IMO is any vagrants known to frequent the area.

there was always the Q of how could BG possibly be that first-guess local bum & but also be unknown/unidentifiable to the locals who passed through the area.

BJC, a local bum, had only been out of prison for how long at time of murders ? Idk his record but it seems like at most a few years, maybe not even one year ... not long enough to become known to the locals who tried awkwardly to ignore his unwelcome presence - JMO MOO

hmm but IMO that comment fits BJC to a tee. Two children are killed in a spot like this, among the first things LE will try to track down IMO is any vagrants known to frequent the area.

there was always the Q of how could BG possibly be that first-guess local bum & but also be unknown/unidentifiable to the locals who passed through the area.

BJC, a local bum, had only been out of prison for how long at time of murders ? Idk his record but it seems like at most a few years, maybe not even one year ... not long enough to become known to the locals who tried awkwardly to ignore his unwelcome presence - JMO MOO
Despite the unfashionable clothes BG is wearing in the video, I don't see JBC as a local bum. He might have lived outside, but if you look at his FB from his under-the-bridge days, he had nice tent, a bike, nice clothes. He saw beauty in living in nature. I think he would steal anything he needed, but I don't think he would bum money or let himself be considered a vagrant. And if he were to physically intimate someone, I think he would go ahead and beat them up, which we haven't heard about.

I do think he is the type of guy to hang out in parks, possibly drinking his time away, which is bum-like behavior. However, I don't think he'd want to present himself as a bum, ykwim?

jmo

They wouldn't need to tag it - the location would be instantly recognizable to a local, especially to someone in the park at that very time.

However, I don't know if he did see the photo. It's not necessary for him to have seen it as he obviously captured and killed the girls whether he saw it or not. I'm just not forgetting about Snapchat just yet.

jmo

If he did see it, I don't know how he would come across it if he wasn't following a tag. Unless he was following her?

I’m stuck on the tattoo. Has gray Hughes source stating there was a picture of JBC with that tattoo in 2016 been confirmed? Has Nancy grace’s claim that the 9 year old resembled Libby been confirmed? Has it been confirmed that the tattoo is of JBCs mother?

I can’t deny the fact that the tattoo eerily resembles both his mother and Libby. We don’t know that the 9 year old resembles Libby, but if so, maybe JBC has a “type” and that type is girls who resemble his mother, or possibly a sister?

This was posted by him on FB the day after the murders. In my opinion, it is telling that he is using the ball as a sort of a gag. Subconscious imagery projection or maybe a conscious reference to possibly using a gag on L&A. That in combination with his statement in the post is chilling. <modsnip>

Yeah and you can hardly see his ear holes so that puts that question to rest.

you can add a little image of where you are on a story you post but that’s it back then. You can’t follow hashtags or anything, you can only see people you follow or promoted pages.

If he did see it, I don't know how he would come across it if he wasn't following a tag. Unless he was following her?

he would have be a friend of hers or hers was public and open but he would need to look up her user name.

Last edited by a moderator:

IIRC in the Down The Hill podcast it was mentioned that police very early (within a day or 2 of the murders) made contact with one of Libby's classmate's who was one of Libby's snapchat friends and was the last to person to view Libby's snapchat post? So by that I think they were able to see exactly who viewed what and when. I'm not sure about non snapchat friends though but I'd imagine that data could be accessed by LE also.

Last edited:
Thank you! So if he were nearby - where there was internet reception - and he was scrolling through Snapchat to pass the time, he could have possibly seen the photo from the bridge, and he would recognize the bridge as he was right there. And then he could have proceeded to the bridge, entrapping his prey within that time frame.

Seeing JBC cruise Tiktok makes me think he does scroll through the current popular social media. In fact, we see a Tiktok video he made while sitting in his yard, so we know he uses social media outdoors. I don't think the leap is that big, but I understand others have dismissed any Snapchat connection.

jmo

One question...isn't it the case that SnapChat tells you which users have viewed your stories? So once LE had access to Libby's app, they would be able to see the usernames who "knew" the girls were at the bridge?

Or, failing that, would there be internal analytics available to SnapChat that, with a warrant, would reveal the actions taken by a user on the app? I mean, it's a different platform but FB and Instagram know exactly which posts and ads you've viewed so that their algorithm can show you more just like them.

Seems to me that if this happened through a Snapchat connection, there would be a digital trail. I have trouble believing LE didn't look into this back at the beginning of the case.

Did a&l have open casket funerals? I think I remember hearing that, but I know the empty eyes in the tattoos can represent death, <modsnip>

Did a&b have open casket funerals? I think I remember hearing that, but I know the empty eyes in the tattoos can represent death, <modsnip>
This is what I've wondered.
The other thing I've wondered about is if LE has found trophies in his home. (of his crimes against children)

One question...isn't it the case that SnapChat tells you which users have viewed your stories? So once LE had access to Libby's app, they would be able to see the usernames who "knew" the girls were at the bridge?

Or, failing that, would there be internal analytics available to SnapChat that, with a warrant, would reveal the actions taken by a user on the app? I mean, it's a different platform but FB and Instagram know exactly which posts and ads you've viewed so that their algorithm can show you more just like them.

Seems to me that if this happened through a Snapchat connection, there would be a digital trail. I have trouble believing LE didn't look into this back at the beginning of the case.
I think they did look into it and we don't know what they found. The Snapchat just NAGS at me....though I realize others have moved on. I'm stuck on the bridge with that photo, I admit.

jmo

This is what I've wondered.
The other thing I've wondered about is if LE has found trophies in his home. (of his crimes against children)
I would like to know if LE found some trophies as well. Since BC liked to video himself, I wonder if the trophy may be a video. Many of these sadistic pieces of garbage like to record their crime to relive it over and over.

This was posted by him on FB the day after the murders. In my opinion, it is telling that he is using the ball as a sort of a gag. Subconscious imagery projection or maybe a conscious reference to possibly using a gag on L&A. That in combination with his statement in the post is chilling. <modsnip>

thanks for posting this....i was going to ask if someone had gone that far back to see his posts on or around the time of the murders and WOW :(

Did a&l have open casket funerals? I think I remember hearing that, but I know the empty eyes in the tattoos can represent death, <modsnip>
<modsnip> but the empty eyes looked like they had blood spilling out of them. The little nine year old he strangled had broken blood vessels in her eyes. He may have the tattoo to represent a girl he had strangled. MOO

As much as I want to know NOW, I am settled in for a long wait. There is not statute of limitations on murder and he's behind bars - there is no rush.

I even wonder if they will wait until after the upcoming trial about the 9yo is finished to announce he's BG (if he is). If JBC is named as the Delphi murderer, it will be huge news and might be considered as affecting a potential jury pool in the 9yo case, idk. They might wait for that case to be concluded.

jmo

I completely agree with you. This was my first thought as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288