Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Suzanne came from a blended family with a lot of step siblings and parents. And money, land, and businesses. That gets messy with plenty of families. Who gets what? Who feels slighted/cheated? In addition to that, a spouse may help drive that wedge if he feels you didn’t get your fair share and pushes you to demand more. Who knows. Family dynamics, especially with wills and division of assets, can create a lot of tension. I know it did in my family, and we pretty much get along. My spouse still complains about the division of my family estate.
I know that this happens in so many families...The LOVE of money seems to trump all. Even though I see the "uneven" split of assets in our families, both my husband and I don't feel that it is worth it to complain or cause any drama.

It is what it is. We never had it in the first place. So, if someone else feels the need to be greedy, we just let them have at it.

Life here on earth is way too short to be fighting over worldly possessions. We have more than enough assets through our own hard work and living beneath our means.

I don't know Barry or Suzanne; however, from my general impression, I could see Barry being more focused on money.

So if you’re the Moorman family, are you thinking about trying to freeze Barry’s assets before they disappear in legal fees? A good way for the Moorman family to ensure that they’ll never have a relationship with the daughters would be to try and recover some of Suzanne’s money. Barry will tell the girls that SM’s family is trying to steal their inheritance.
JMO
Chris M. said that Mallory needs to get a lawyer to first get guardianship for her minor sister (if she is still a minor). Then, she needs to hire a lawyer to freeze the assets for both herself and her sister. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I believe there's now footage that can be slowed/paused but when I first saw the rolling news video of his truck surrounded by a convoy of LE, I thought the blue object peaking from the bed of his truck was a raft. Another poster responded they thought it was a mattress. :confused:
It looked like a combination of the raft and mattress, meaning, to me, it looked like a blow-up mattress.

JMO.

Thank you! I thought it was just me thinking he had some work done on his eyelids. Penny pincher that he is, I wonder if he had it done south of the border when he was on vacation?

JMO
Also, sometimes, hooded eyelid surgery is covered by insurance. If he could find a doctor that said that it was interfering with his sight, I think that he might be able to get it covered by health insurance.

JMO.

From my own personal experience: I was 11 years-old when my mom beat me with a hot wheels race track piece because she didn't "like my attitude". Despite that, I begged and pleaded with her to forgive me, and told her how much I "loved" her. I also experienced many other moments of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and emotional abuse from others in my "family", but yet it wasn't until I was much, much older that I could see how destructive it was to me and my well-being. So now I have chronic PTSD that I have spent much time trying to heal from.

I guess that's a long way of saying that sometimes when "control" or in my case, also abuse, is the "norm" in a family, you just think that somehow that's just the way it is, and to love and be "loved" is to be controlled and manipulated. No, it's not normal and shouldn't be tolerated, but that's what happens some times when adults fail the children they should be protecting.

All MOO.
So glad you are here to give your perspective. Also, so terribly sad for the abuse you suffered as a child. Keep on keeping on, you’re in my prayers.

When you are trauma bonded to an abusive parent as a child, you develop a deep sense of loyalty that feels like love. They are probably shocked, in denial, etc. Who knows what he told them this past year. Hard to understand manipulation and control if you have never experienced it. So, what's wrong is their reality. They will stand by his version of the truth. After all, they can't accept this man could possibly do this. I feel so bad for them. I could never imagine.

I agree. And that is why this tweet makes me so sad:

TrueCrimeSushi

@CrimeSushi

·
May 6
#BarryMorphew will be granted civil contact with daughters Provided there is no harassment or intimidation. If such actions occur Barry could face additional misdemeanor charges per Judge.

[So the judge seems to be lifting the protection order, keeping Barry away from his daughters during this critical time. :mad:]

Daily Mail said the photos of the redhead at the Mexican restaurant were taken 2 months ago.
I believe that was about the time of the sale of the PP residence, right? If I recall correctly, SM/BM had a longtime Realtor friend that worked with them for many years. I think this woman could be the same person. It follows that she could have been in town for the sale. Personally, I'm not a fan of borrowing drama when it's not warranted but I guess it adds another hour to a YT episode.

I'm more interested in the female friend that LS was trying to interview -- reportedly, LE vehicles were seen at her residence the evening BM arrested. MOO

Chris M. said that Mallory needs to get a lawyer to first get guardianship for her minor sister (if she is still a minor). Then, she needs to hire a lawyer to freeze the assets for both herself and her sister. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I thought we heard the daughters hired separate lawyers last summer?

....why in the world BM would tell the world that he attended firefighter training on Mother's Day! In the middle of a global pandemic, why would BM make up the fire training story? o_O Actually, I think BM expected Fire Chief Bertram to corroborate this story.
@Seattle1 sbm bbm. Oh, and if BM asked fire chief to do this, could that be the basis for the Attempt to Influence offense?

So if you’re the Moorman family, are you thinking about trying to freeze Barry’s assets before they disappear in legal fees? A good way for the Moorman family to ensure that they’ll never have a relationship with the daughters would be to try and recover some of Suzanne’s money. Barry will tell the girls that SM’s family is trying to steal their inheritance.
JMO

i don't even know. Contesting a will and inheritance is really, really messy and difficult. I'm not a lawyer but as i understand it, since the girls are Suzanne's direct descendants and therefore first inheritors, any of the Moorman family would i think essentially have to try to convince a judge that the girls are under duress and being manipulated by their father and are not of sound mind to make decisions regarding the assets/money. Which, even if true, is quite a s*** show to actually prove in court. And yes it would almost certainly ensure no future relationship with them.

I really appreciate your posts, bunny. You know what you are talking about. One of my biggest questions revolves around how Barry may have attempted to liquidate Suzanne’s inheritance and marital assets into a trust or limited family partnership. And then use the funds for his defense of murdering her, or insulate them from having to use them for his defense and make taxpayers pay for it.

TrueCrimeSushi

@CrimeSushi

·
May 6
#BarryMorphew will be granted civil contact with daughters Provided there is no harassment or intimidation. If such actions occur Barry could face additional misdemeanor charges per Judge.

[So the judge seems to be lifting the protection order, keeping Barry away from his daughters during this critical time. :mad:]

The protection order is mandatory for ALL criminal defendants pursuant to CRS Section 18-1-1000 to protect victims and witnesses.

I don't think the order lifted. The daughters told the DA they wanted contact with BM and BM was ordered to maintain civil communication with them and any violation of the order would be subject to a misdemeanor charge and a no contact order.

JMO
Ita.
Very sad and frustrating, isn't it ?

The Moorman's will be vilified no matter what they do.
Disgusting to think of money that was fully or partly Suzanne's -- and which she may have wanted set aside for her children -- to be used by this perp for his defense for the charges of killing her !!!!

Last edited:
JMO
If I were them, that is definitely what I'd be doing, with the intent of filing a wrongful death suit so that at least a substantial portion of those assets could be set aside for the daughters' needs, including college costs for the younger (and possibly the older if she plans to pursue any post-graduate degrees).

Unfortunately, I think a "wrongful death" civil action is generally put on the back burner until the criminal proceedings occur, but perhaps some action related to obligations under guardianship could be pursued, so half of the marital assets could be frozen. Just as the law has established that life insurance proceeds cannot be used to benefit the murderer of the insured-deceased, so it seems that assets gained through guardianship should not be used to benefit the person accused of the "incapacitated's" murder.

TrueCrimeSushi

@CrimeSushi

·
May 6

The protection order is still in place, this was discussed by the judge yesterday. The judge warned BM against harassing, intimidating, or threatening his daughters. The PO is standard in capital cases in CO. See previous posts in the last thread or early in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member