Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I saw this here yesterday but now I can't seem to locate it.
Lauren Scharf either tweeted or posted on her FB, that the young red-headed woman Barry's been seen with in town, is actually a friend of Suzanne's.
Can someone point me back to that post of LS?
Hi. I see posters answered you. That's what Nancy Grace's guest said.

I can also tell you that Chris McDonough of The Interview Room ran a live podcast yesterday for the preliminary hearing. The audio for the hearing only was really bad due to WebX issues. It was what Chris said after the hearing that was more interesting, his analysis, and that BM has been dating a woman for 6-7 months, and that woman is currently M.I.A., and Chris refuses to name her.

Total video 1:39.12. Skip preliminary hearing to 0:26.00 when Chris starts analyzing hearing. He talks specifically about the girlfriend at 0:30.35 to ~ 0:31.30. He mentions the girlfriend in passing later, e.g. police have cordoned off BM's condo so neither the daughters nor the girlfriend can enter, to 0:32.08

IMO If Chris is correct, then BM started dating just 6 months after Suzanne "went missing" (was murdered) which would be Nov/Dec 2020. JMO the mystery redhead (as DM calls her) is likely someone else, from out of town? JMO the girlfriend is local?

:) don't shoot the messenger - I am just time stamping where to hear the remarks on these reporter videos

Last edited:
If this was premeditated - then it would follow that he already had a plan as to where to put her. And he has skated around with such confidence for so long - that it must be in a place where he feels certain that no one will think about or search. IMO - he had help with that.

So if you’re the Moorman family, are you thinking about trying to freeze Barry’s assets before they disappear in legal fees? A good way for the Moorman family to ensure that they’ll never have a relationship with the daughters would be to try and recover some of Suzanne’s money. Barry will tell the girls that SM’s family is trying to steal their inheritance.
JMO

Legal fees and Barry’s makeover money.

Okay, thank you and Seattle for explaining.

UGH, I had hoped he would be blocked from communicating with them so they could begin to get some separation and clarity.

Maybe, just maybe - the daughters listening to their Dad, explaining this all away will start to put little red flags in their minds. It will take time.

To me, it appears that they've bought his whole story of being innocent because he was expert at manipulating people. It sort of seems like they were "brainwashed" by him, if that makes sense. That's the way I look at it.

They are both intelligent girls and if they haven't already started therapy (from the loss of their Mom), they certainly deserve the best therapy and counselling to not only "get through this" (which must be so traumatic), but to realize what their Dad's personality was.

So many people have told their stories about living with a manipulative narcissist and not realizing it.

I wish these young women the very best in their future, surrounded by much support and love.

If this was premeditated - then it would follow that he already had a plan as to where to put her. And he has skated around with such confidence for so long - that it must be in a place where he feels certain that no one will think about or search. IMO - he had help with that.

And this is why it is so important for LE to find whatever laptop / ipad/ computer he used to do searches

Also, sometimes, hooded eyelid surgery is covered by insurance. If he could find a doctor that said that it was interfering with his sight, I think that he might be able to get it covered by health insurance.

JMO.
That's true. I had one when I was starting to look like a Sharpei. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how much larger my visual fields were. I think I may have been a danger and in danger prior.

Well I’m glad others noticed this.
The teeth jumped right out at me when I saw that picture. I did the same, went back and looked at the old photos to compare and for sure, BM’s sporting new teeth. I thought his face looked “tighter” in that picture also, could be the lighting, but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he’s also had some Botox treatments done lol, and Smdh.

IMO, BM is shallow, all about appearances, very vain.

Fake hair, Fake tan, Fake teeth.
Fake Alibi.
Fake Husband. Fake Man.

Suzanne outclassed BM, and was way too good for him, God bless her sweet soul.
Justice is coming dear Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I thought, from the mug shot, he appeared to have had an eye lid lift. His lids aren't as droopy and his eyes are wide open. At first I thought it was a shocked look. Also, in the video where he and Suzanne are out with her friends, his face is so tight and weird looking like he had a tight face lift. Wow, did he think he needed these things to attract women? MOO
I still think Suzanne wasn't abused but was taken totally by surprise. We had a case in Michigan where the husband was into some major kinky stuff and wanted to move on WITH his wife's money. Something like that wouldn't surprise me one bit here.

HLN interview with Barry’s next door neighbor. Does he mean Barry donated all of the landscaping work around their community for free? Is this like when MG said Barry put in a beach at the river side construction site for free without the homeowner even knowing or asking him to?

Is that why the townhouse is now all taped up with crime scene tape? Because Barry liked to move earth around in their neighborhood?

Nothing out of the ordinary. He hunted, he had his trucks, he did a lot of landscaping work..that was his profession that he told me. And so he’d do work around the neighborhood..this building behind us..so he’s done a lot of work...a lot of contributions to the projects to the homes here. Yeah nothing that would throw me off...”

https://twitter.com/hlntv/status/1390652753266061312?s=21

JMHO

Last edited:
That's what I don't understand. If there is a mandatory 'protection order' to protect the daughter's, who are potential trial witnesses at this time, how can the judge allow him communication with them now?

The DA advised the court the daughters requested to have contact with BM so the civil contact order provides for BM to maintain communication with them providing he is not threatening or intimidating, does not harass, etc. BM will be under careful watch if/when he communicates with them. We already know there will be no bail for BM -- the girls will have no fear he'll get out of jail.

BM's lawyers will instruct BM not to discuss anything about the case -- I think the defense would rather he not have contact but probably have to support their client's choice to maintain fatherly contact with his children-- that obviously support their dad.

HLN interview with Barry’s next door neighbor. Does he mean Barry did all of the landscaping work around their community for free? Out of the goodness of his heart? Is this like when MG said Barry put in a beach at the river side construction site for free without the homeowner even knowing or asking him to?

Is that why the townhouse is now all taped up with crime scene tape? Because Barry like to move earth around in their neighborhood?

Nothing out of the ordinary. He hunted, he had his trucks, he did a lot of landscaping work..that was his profession that he told me. And so he’d do work around the neighborhood..this building behind us..so he’s done a lot of work...a lot of contributions to the projects to the homes here. Yeah nothing that would throw me off...”

https://twitter.com/hlntv/status/1390652753266061312?s=21

JMHO

Maybe an arrangement to live rent free but provide landscaping services at no or little cost?

I could see that, especially with my hypothesis that BM was in major debt and not as rich as the homes and property sales would make it seem.

Maybe an arrangement to live rent free but provide landscaping services at no or little cost?

I could see that, especially with my hypothesis that BM was in major debt and not as rich as the homes and property sales would make it seem.

Could very well be. All of the townhouses there where B lives have been built in the last year or are currently in the process of being built.

He could have donated his time there using the construction zone to hide things. No one would notice a landscaper being out of place driving a Bobcat around moving earth and rocks just before the footers are poured.

JMO

@Seattle1 @Alethea
I read or heard somewhere that Prosecutors have not formally filed the charges yet. Now I see this article that says the Judge gave them 10 days to do so.
Is this normal SOP ?
Colorado man suspected in wife's death appears in court

Murphy gave prosecutors 10 days to file charges against Morphew. He is scheduled to appear in court again on May 27.

From my own personal experience: I was 11 years-old when my mom beat me with a hot wheels race track piece because she didn't "like my attitude". Despite that, I begged and pleaded with her to forgive me, and told her how much I "loved" her. I also experienced many other moments of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and emotional abuse from others in my "family", but yet it wasn't until I was much, much older that I could see how destructive it was to me and my well-being. So now I have chronic PTSD that I have spent much time trying to heal from.

I guess that's a long way of saying that sometimes when "control" or in my case, also abuse, is the "norm" in a family, you just think that somehow that's just the way it is, and to love and be "loved" is to be controlled and manipulated. No, it's not normal and shouldn't be tolerated, but that's what happens some times when adults fail the children they should be protecting.

All MOO.
I am so sorry that you had to experience such horrible and chronic abuse. Thank you for choosing to share with us.

Yes, it says the defense request for time to review it is reasonable due to the length of it.
Also, they have until 5/13 to give their position on unsealing. If they object, there will be another hearing.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/Order re Public Release of Arrest Affidavit.pdf

I'm thinking two things: the DA/Prosecutor is going on record that they are confident with the case they have against BM and are not opposed to unsealing the AA.

On the other hand, I think the defense is going to oppose everything they can -- including unsealing the AA. If BM is shopping for a defense team - this gives him a bit more time. And if he keeps his public defender, their opposing the unsealing of the AA will at least buy them another hearing which is one less week for the public to speculate about their client and the allegations against him.

The defense already started off their case by opposing the request for EMC, and want an order granting BM to wear street clothes whenever he appears in court.

Maybe, just maybe - the daughters listening to their Dad, explaining this all away will start to put little red flags in their minds. It will take time.

To me, it appears that they've bought his whole story of being innocent because he was expert at manipulating people. It sort of seems like they were "brainwashed" by him, if that makes sense. That's the way I look at it.

They are both intelligent girls and if they haven't already started therapy (from the loss of their Mom), they certainly deserve the best therapy and counselling to not only "get through this" (which must be so traumatic), but to realize what their Dad's personality was.

So many people have told their stories about living with a manipulative narcissist and not realizing it.

I wish these young women the very best in their future, surrounded by much support and love.

So very sad that this is the only example/experience of a “dad” that they’ve known. They certainly haven’t seen him in the way others have. With counseling I hope they can have quality relationships with caring men in their futures.

Since Suzanne's father's obituary mentioned Domestic Abuse organizations and donating to them, I think we can assume this was a possibility that Suzanne was abused. :mad:
It would have been odd for the Moorman's to mention it at all, if they were certain it never happened !
Imo, Barry didn't suddenly change from a doting spouse to a killer overnight.
Even if not physical -- emotional abuse can destroy a person.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member