UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it is taken right in the middle of some wheat at the edge of a field though, rather than on a path or track.

ETA: looks a litle bit like this stretch of Aylesham Road (google images look to be later in the year though with more foliage on the hedges) Google Maps

Looks more like Adisham Road. He's in the field on thee left looking towards the woods on the right. Newby here :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-07 220345.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 220345.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
Looks more like Adisham Road. He's in the field on thee left looking towards the woods on the right. Newby here :)

Hi :). Yes things have moved on since I posted that. See the post below.

New here, extremely long time lurker but first time poster so I hope I do this correctly. The diagram posted in the MSM above that highlights Spinney Lane, doesn’t actually show the full length of it in comparison to google maps.
I travelled down Spinney Lane on google street view and found that this location looks most accurate... and I think it may actually be the junction of adisham road, pond lane and Spinney lane...
to me the left side of the road shows where he would be stood in the long thick bladed grass as shown in Kent Online Image of man released in Julia James murder probe
and right side of the road shows the hedge, albeit very overgrown on the google maps pic.

Google Maps

not sure if it is of any use but I thought I would post.

Do police release photographs asking people to identify individuals they think are witness to a crime these days?

Personally I think he's centre stage in their list of prime suspects.

Seen in a relevant location to the crime could point towards an area he has been sleeping rough.
Story referencing police running into Woods 3 miles from scene today could have been as a result of a tip he may have shifted to that location.
Police would only say there were no other incidents in the vicinity when asked what that was in relation to.
Police seen 'running into woods' as chopper circles above

Last edited:
Do police release photographs asking people to identify individuals they think are witness to a crime these days?

Personally I think he's centre stage in their list of prime suspects.

Seen in a significant location to the crime could point towards an area he has been sleeping rough.
Story referencing police running into Woods 3 miles from scene could have been as a result of a tip he may have shifted to that location.
Police would only say there were no other incidents in the vicinity when asked what it was in relation to.
Not usually.
But they might if they thought somebody is in danger.
It's possible he had contact with the murderer, maybe hitched a lift with him, maybe he was in the park when the crime occurred and saw everything.
It's possible that the people who discovered her body described a man with a similar appearance being present at the time.
He's not a suspect unless Kent police say he is a suspect.

It might be significant depending on his direction of travel and mode of travel, spinney lane runs out of footpath near Cooting Rd. It would be unusual to travel along the verge by foot, certainly do-able but might be considered strange.

It might be significant depending on his direction of travel and mode of travel, spinney lane runs out of footpath near Cooting Rd. It would be unusual to travel along the verge by foot, certainly do-able but might be considered strange.
What would the opportunities be for hitch hiking on that road?

Police would not confirm the source of the image but it appears to have come from dashcam footage as the man is standing on the grassy verge of the road and looking over his shoulder, as if at a passing vehicle.

Dash cam, of course - makes total sense if he's walking up Pond Lane and has to step onto the grass verge to let a car past. Seems like the most obvious explanation. If he's in the location we're guessing at (junction of Pond Lane / Spinney Lane), the light behind him looks a little pinky / orangey which makes me think it's likely either early morning or evening but hard to tell.

What would the opportunities be for hitch hiking on that road?
I wouldn't imagine any to be honest, what I noticed days ago is the gap leading directly into a field on Spinney Lane and also Pond Lane could be used to travel back... take your pick kind of thing. A person could easily use such routes as shortcuts from the area where JJ was found. You can see now why LE mapped out the perimeter as it were.

Maybe the perp was heading back to the train station?

Dash cam, of course - makes total sense if he's walking up Pond Lane and has to step onto the grass verge to let a car past. Seems like the most obvious explanation. If he's in the location we're guessing at (junction of Pond Lane / Spinney Lane), the light behind him looks a little pinky / orangey which makes me think it's likely either early morning or evening but hard to tell.

I also thought it could be early morning or evening, would go for morning rather than evening.

He's been ID'd and apparently Kent Police says it is no longer appealing for information in relation to him at this time. This according to a news site....

and...

Man identified in Julia James murder case

Glad to hear he has been identified quickly but a shame that photo had to be splashed across the news - if this young man is innocent then I expect the police make full statements as such to clear up the matter.

Does seem odd that a perpetrator would be in the vicinity the following day but I guess it does happen.

Police haven't said their usual "helping with enquiries" or "has been eliminated from enquiries" statement yet about this person so I guess that is in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie