Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I listening to this correctly (at 1:34:40) Chris talks about TN living right next to Barry and SM in Colorado? Chris is saying Barry’s mom lives right next door to Barry in that white house. I never knew that. Was this talked about before and did anyone else know this?
In the video where Chris M. visited Alexandria, where BM grew up, Chris traveled to the area where BM's rural childhood home was (on a large property, with woods nearby). It was on that property where TN's mother had a white house adjacent to BM's parent's home and it looked like those two homes either shared the same large piece of property, or if not, had adjacent large properties.

Am I listening to this correctly (at 1:34:40) Chris talks about TN living right next to Barry and SM in Colorado? Chris is saying Barry’s mom lives right next door to Barry in that white house. I never knew that. Was this talked about before and did anyone else know this?

I believe that Chris misspoke when describing that TN and BM's mom were living right next door to BM in Colorado.

Chris was recently visiting Indiana where he was filming and touring the areas where BM grew up, his church, schools, childhood home, etc. --just before Chris received information causing him to abruptly leave Indiana and arrive Colorado hours prior to BM's May 5 arrest.

IMO, Chris most likely was referring to BM's childhood home as where his older sister (TN's mother) might reside next to or near Mrs. Morphew in Indiana. I think Chris implying this was true of Colorado was just a mistake. MOO

Last edited:
In the video where Chris M. visited Alexandria, where BM grew up, Chris traveled to the area where BM's rural childhood home was (on a large property, with woods nearby). It was on that property where TN's mother had a white house adjacent to BM's parent's home and it looked like those two homes either shared the same large piece of property, or if not, had adjacent large properties.

I keep listening to it over and over and your correct. His wording was confusing. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION :)

I believe that Chris misspoke when describing that TN and BM's mom were living right next door to BM in Colorado.

Chris was recently visiting Indiana where he was filming and touring the areas where BM grew up, his church, schools, childhood home, etc. --just before Chris received information causing him to abruptly leave Indiana and arrive Colorado hours prior to BM's May 5 arrest.

IMO, I believe Chris was most likely referring to BM's childhood home as where his older sister (TN's mother) might reside near next to or near Mrs. Morphew in Indiana. I think Chris implying this was true of Colorado was just a mistake. MOO

Now that I'm listening to it over and over.. I see where he is talking about Indiana. The wording was very confusing at first. Sorry for any confusion :)

Yes it is very confusing.. his wording though.. “Trevor LIVES next door to Barry that is his moms house, that white house. and so it made sense that he was the first one on the scene when Suzanne was reported missing”

During that video Chris was on location in Indiana showing the houses where Barry and Trevor grew up. They all lived next door to each other.

Trevor now lives in Colorado approx 2 hours north of Salida.

JMO

The protection order is mandatory for ALL criminal defendants pursuant to CRS Section 18-1-1000 to protect victims and witnesses.
Personally, I feel his been 'positioning' himself in the event of an arrest. Liquidating his properties in the event he needs a lawyer (which he will, his assets are too high to qualify for court appt lawyer). Why does the man go from a million dollar house to a condo? I feel, he just wanted to make sure he has an 'adequate' home for his 2 daughters. I don't feel he ever had any intention of sticking around and planned in his head to 'disappear'. The little bit of humanity he had was to snap up a basic condo for his 2 daughters in case he was arrested. Will be interesting to see if the monies he will have accumulated from property sales has disappeared to an off shore account or something of that nature.

Is it known he purchased or was it a rental, thought that’s what I remembered

"Anticipating requests from the media and the public to unseal and release the affidavit, the Court requested that each side give their position on the issue. The prosecution did not object to unsealing the affidavit. Defense counsel requested time to read and review the affidavit before stating their position. This was a reasonable request considering the length of the affidavit."

Well... this should be quite interesting.
I wonder if will beat the one for Fotis Dulos of 35 pages?

https://lindyursolaw.com/uploads/3/5/3/9/35395377/dulos_arrest_warrant__executed_01-07-20_.pdf

I keep listening to it over and over and your correct. His wording was confusing. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION :)

Now that I'm listening to it over and over.. I see where he is talking about Indiana. The wording was very confusing at first. Sorry for any confusion :)
Apology not necessary! Chris made the (confusing) comments at the end of his video discussing the Advisement Hearing and not his video while touring Indiana. It follows that had Chris recorded the passage on the Indian video, it would have made more sense to viewers.

Oh, Nuttmegg, this is so sad. But your insight into what the girls must be feeling is valuable - we need to remember how they must be feeling. As adults/near adults, they are using almost the same strategy as you did.

IIRC, it was the stepfather of the young man/boy who is dating the younger daughter.

If anyone has newer info, please post.

I believe in Chris' recent youtube filmed in B and S's hometown in Indiana that Chris mentioned a man named Sal from Indiana who put up the 2nd 100k . He said Sal had been somewhat of a mentor type to BM. That video is posted in this thread.

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.”
This pretty much says/confirms what the majority of us had thought all along.

(Thank you for posting this - a "like" just wasn't enough).

I guess it doesn’t really matter, although I’m no therapist. Is is better to feel pain that your father killed your mother, or feel it because you hold onto the belief that your father is wrongly accused and behind bars? Does it matter to anyone but them in life? It’s all grief either way. I don’t know psychologically what the right answer is. It’s all terrible.
Denial is an unconscious defense mechanism. It is not a conscious choice made by the individual to overlook reality - . When emotions or events are so overwhelming or painful denial can kick in - as time goes on and life gets more manageable some people begin to have flashes of reality and pieces start to come together. IMO/IME - therapy can be very useful for gaining clarity around events and relationships.

I once had a loan officer call me at work asking me if I knew where my (ex)husband could be found. He used his name. When I told him for whom he worked and where I thought that he lived, I mentioned that I was his FORMER wife. The man said that he knew that. So, apparently, former partners must be more willing to give up information on someone with whom they no longer associate.

I have thought about one of the two women turning on Barry. Both would probably have valuable information; however, a former "friend" would probably be more willing to provide crucial information.
The same thing happened to me.

I find this situation to be more likely than not, especially, after hearing from Chris M. about how Barry bought a round trip airline ticket to unexpectedly check up on Suzanne when she was on a girls' trip to Florida one year.

He just shows up to check on her; and everyone (including Suzanne) was surprised to see him there. To me, that sends a strong message to one's spouse that you better always be watching because I could show up any place at any time.

I think that Barry is a cheater. I've always suspected that's why he was a volunteer FF. I felt that he used that position to get away when he wanted to do something on his own. A cheater oftentimes projects his behavior onto his/her partner. Barry seems like the type to keep tabs on his wife and spy on her with every device available.
Hmm...
That's not like stalking at all !
*major sarcasm intended*
Imo.

This pretty much says/confirms what the majority of us had thought all along.

(Thank you for posting this - a "like" just wasn't enough).
From the interview with her sister-
“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.” This absolutely breaks my heart. To be a grown woman in your own house, texting your sister in another state that you are scared for your safety, scared of the one who has sworn to love and cherish you. How many of us have seen this same theme play out in a lifetime movie and we sit screaming at the screen for the woman to get in the car and get out of the house - just drive , get out go anywhere !! Tragic really, beyond words

After Chris Watts killed his entire beautiful family nothing surprises me anymore. Why are their so many wife killers in Colorado Watts, Frazee and now Morphew it seems a GF is always in the picture. SMH Scott Peterson but that was CA

I have always said there must be something in the water in Colorado... dating way back to Bundy days..JMO

Apology not necessary! Chris made the (confusing) comments at the end of his video discussing the Advisement Hearing and not his video while touring Indiana. It follows that had Chris recorded the passage on the Indian video, it would have made more sense to viewers.
I love CM and his channel but I was disappointed as I wanted to see more on Suzanne’s life growing up. It was more about Barry the monster. I could careless about Barry ‘s life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong