Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the interview with her sister-
“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.” This absolutely breaks my heart. To be a grown woman in your own house, texting your sister in another state that you are scared for your safety, scared of the one who has sworn to love and cherish you. How many of us have seen this same theme play out in a lifetime movie and we sit screaming at the screen for the woman to get in the car and get out of the house - just drive , get out go anywhere !! Tragic really, beyond words
Scared for her safety or scared of her situation. Both are bad but was it made clear?

One more question for the amazing fellow WSers:

Does anyone know why CM and MK no longer work together under PE? CM has his own now but it seems there was a falling out of some sort?
They keep assuring us there was no falling out but actions speak louder than words.
Suzanne's case was/is Mike and Chris's baby.
Mike had Linda and Scott on his channel and at the same time Chris went live.

Even for the point Chris is in Colorado as it broke, why didn't mike have him on live for an update???

They are not on good terms. No way.

moo

“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.” This absolutely breaks my heart. To be a grown woman in your own house, texting your sister in another state that you are scared for your safety, scared of the one who has sworn to love and cherish you. How many of us have seen this same theme play out in a lifetime movie and we sit screaming at the screen for the woman to get in the car and get out of the house - just drive , get out go anywhere !! Tragic really, beyond words

It is so confusing to be in a situation like this. While there are those on the outside screaming "get out of that relationship", the person on the inside feels like they can't. Leaving is just as scary as staying. Maybe more so.

If B was as controlling as we are finding out he was, I bet SM could not use a credit card or write a check without it pinging his phone. Although she inherited quite a sum of money , I would bet my flip flops he controlled all monies coming in and going out. She most likely did not have the funds to leave . If B controlled all the $$$ he easily controlled the girls! JMO
I didn't follow her case but it certainly seems the CCSO had MORE than enough evidence on him, to warrant a long PC affidavit. I'm sure itching to know how much we knew, had right, and how much we had NO idea of. There's always some of that. And it's usually worse than we would have imagined.
I think it is far more sinister than we speculated IMO

Suzanne Morphew's Sister Talks About Forgiveness, Justice After Barry Morphew's Murder Arrest: 'I Feel Great Sadness'

5/7/21

That’s my heart for Barry, I love you and this is what I pray for you, Barry, because I know you and I saw the man way back when who got up and fixed a peanut butter sandwich for Macy when she didn’t want to eat what was on the table and the tenderness that I saw and I’ve never forgotten that Barry, and that’s how I choose to remember Barry Morphew.”
______

Guess that really was pb on the grill...
I’m glad he loves peanut butter when my friend was incarcerated here in Cali almost a year in jail they either feed you a peanut butter sandwich or bologna every single day and one hot meal which was breakfast. They could buy commissary which sold items like canned tuna, chips and Top Ramen.

Suzanne Morphew's Sister Talks About Forgiveness, Justice After Barry Morphew's Murder Arrest: 'I Feel Great Sadness'

‘I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do,” Melinda Moorman continued,”

I have been trying to reread what Melinda said about that very long text. I wonder if it had to do with money. We have all discussed their finances at great length-where did all of the money come from? We have debated how much Barry was able to earn with his landscaping business. This may have been a house of cards that was crumbling. Were they broke? In debt? Melinda eluded to a fracture that drove them to Colorado.

• TODAY, 21:50
    THE MORPHEW WERE STRESSED OVER FINANCIAL ISSUES, SUZANNE'S SISTER SAYS

Melinda Moorman told CBS on Friday that she believes that there were financial issues that stressed her sister Suzanne and her husband Barry Morphew.

“I think life happens, I think pressures and stresses in life, I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do,” Moorman told CBS.

“Learning to be content with what you have is a very powerful thing in this life, and it brings great peace, and I don’t think Barry and Suzanne had gotten there yet, and that’s what I think kinda happened and I can’t really say more than that,” she added.
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/283074...atest-updates-husband-barry-arrested-charged/
She is much more forgiving than I’d be. JMO

I’m so proud of CCSO/CBI & FBI. Get a load of this - LE had moved in next door to Barry in the condo! :) :)
At 56:40 CM says LE was living in the condo right next door to Barry!

Would they maybe have tapped phones/bugged his house? Maybe that would be why they felt he was planning on 'upping sticks' to Arizona and arrested him?

Wonder what the cell phone data shows. If they didn't locate Suzanne's actual phone they could still get some data from the carrier. Then there's BM's phone, and what that shows.

I guess BM did not take his home with him when involved in finally removing the body.
I also wonder, if there was illegal happenings occurring, whether this creep had another phone, a burner phone.
He would wish to conceal his movements and conversations.

Trying to catch up here. I’m so grateful to see that Suzanne’s sister is speaking up. She clearly has shared information with LE that will be vital to the prosecution’s case.

Barry said in November “People don’t know the truth.”

Well, Barry, you’re in luck...
Very soon - we will ALL know the truth.

jmo

Yes, the world will know.:):):)
Although it has taken a long time, I'm pleased BM's poor appearance now, shows he has been stressed +++, all this time.
Hope during the trial, the stress increases and we'll see a shriveled prune losing any control.
Karma already working.
Pay back time.
Yippee.:):):)

I really really want to know what it was that LE saw that made them so sure Suzanne didn't voluntary disappear/attacked by mountain lion/abducted - I'm hoping someone who knew her was on that initial call to her home and saw the bike and said 'that's not hers' or something like that. That could also lend an explanation of 'attempting to influence' charge - but I feel my imagination is running away with me and that didn't happen at all :oops:.

Or hunting, or hitting on other women, or selling assets, or planting her garden statue she inherited from her mother, or.... Oh, never mind...

I know i'm a minority here but the interview CM did that was posted earlier was quite informative. The things he was certain about were new pieces of information; or new to me anyway. I find him to be a bit showy and/or confusing. Sometimes perplexing that he can miss detail or misquote detail, he is a retired homicide detective. I give him the benefit of the doubt though. He has been taunting BM for months and as cryptic and annoying as it could be, it was getting to BM.

JMO, IMHO I cut him some slack.
I agree with you. CM had mentioned several times in the past that he knew that BM and/or his surrogates followed his channel. I think a lot of CM's cryptic posts were not intended for the general follower but were indeed directed at BM. So what many find annoying about his posts and updates was actually very clear to BM. CM made a pledge to AM to help solve this case, I think he knows a lot more than he shares with the general public.

Chris McDonough is a retired cop/investigator who started covering this case last August on the YouTube channel Profiling Evil. He now has his own channel called The Interview Room. He also tweets about it.

Chris M. seems to think that there might be more arrests. I found that interesting since the sheriff said that they didn't expect additional arrests.

I think that Chris gets inside information. JMO.
I’m so far behind so maybe someone else mentioned this, but I’m very curious to know how Chris ended up in Salida the day before Barry’s arrest. Sure makes me think he had some inside information.

A sincere thank you to all for sharing all of the latest info. I’ve been wrapped up in work and didn’t even hear of the arrest until a day and a half later.
-hopelessly behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member