GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of CR1 (and I think it just took that many to take him down), the hate really seemed directed at the females, but, yeah, he was punishing HHG's brother. IIRC they were very close.
I totally agree. CR1 knew exactly what was going down and exactly what it meant. He wasn’t just fighting for his life, he was fighting for his families lives and I believe he fought back with a vengeance. Hence the 9 shots!

here is the most recent on the docket
04/22/2021 PLEA OF GUILTY FILED COPIES FILED DELIVERED TO COUNSEL AND DEFENDANT
04/23/2021 CERTIFICATE FOR COURT STENOGRAPHER FEE
04/26/2021 REQUEST FOR COURT-PAID EXPERT EXPENSES FILED
04/28/2021 STATE'S SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY FILED
04/29/2021 MOTION, ENTRY AND CERTIFICATION FOR APPOINTED SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FEES FILED
#

Guessing May 12 could be a hearing for this supplemental discovery.
Even if it is only to acknowledge it on the record.

We may find out a few more details.

I don't find the leather jacket/motorcycle combo nefarious, if we take into account the region.

The way FW answered those questions by AC, in the transcript a few pages back, makes me believe FW didnt have a clue what someone ordered. She just paid the bill. Crazy like a fox, perhaps? MOO

I'd always pictured the blacked out helmet with the kevlar jacket and leather trench over it. That was creepy. Nothing against motorcycles

I always thought one of the reasons JW did not want a custody battle in court was to avoid the subject of HR age when she gave birth. He is a coward for sure and perhaps feared the legal ramifications. No matter how he argued that fact was unavoidable and certainly would have come up in a custody proceeding. JMO

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still flabbergasted that JW got custody after the murders, and that the age of HR when she gave birth did not appear to be an issue at that time. He somehow managed to avoid having to face the music for being a child sexual predator until he was arrested for the murders, and then he was charged for that, too. JMO

I am at such a loss for words this Friday night before Mother's Day. My heart is breaking all over again as it did on Mother's Day in 2016 when Hanna, Hannah and Dana could no longer celebrate Mother's Day. Neither could Ms. Geneva or Ms. Ruth Rhoden as they had in years before. May God bless all the Mother's in these precious families and give them Peace.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still flabbergasted that JW got custody after the murders, and that the age of HR when she gave birth did not appear to be an issue at that time. He somehow managed to avoid having to face the music for being a child sexual predator until he was arrested for the murders, and then he was charged for that, too. JMO

IDK, but my guess is that precious HR was literally scared for her life and probably the lives of her daughter and the rest of her family members. The Wagners had already proven their hatred and power toward GW4's ex-wife.

BCI wasn't even suspecting the Wagners in 2016. Jake was the father and spent time with her and evidently she was fine with him and fine with her uncle and grandparents. Probably that out-weighed the fact that HR was 15 and he was over 18 when they decided to try for a baby.

The judge was doing what was in the best interests for the child. She lost her mom, uncles, grandparents so she actually needed a dad and his parents and brother. Makes sense to me. The true evil Wagner dynamic was not given the light of day until later.

Why not take her away during BCI's investigation of the Wagners?

No legal grounds to do so. There was no indication abuse was going on and the Wagners were suspects only.

But then yes, once the indictments came down she was taken away. If Jake had gotten bail I think the most he could have had was visitation, probably supervised so he couldn't go on the run with her.

Where I'm from, no guy is charged for that unless the girl's parents file a complaint. And they rarely do.

Yeah...it would have been difficult for the family to complain when they consented to the relationship. It isnt for me to judge but no way would I have allowed my 13 yr old date an 18 yr old, or whatever Jake's age was at the time.

Unlike prisons, it is very unlikely county jails have a medical staff. They may have a roaming nurse to dispense meds and deal with minor issues that may arise, but they certainly wont waste limited dollars on full time staffs. IMO

So I'm sure it isnt an uncommon request. Imo

Where I'm from, no guy is charged for that unless the girl's parents file a complaint. And they rarely do.

I agree. The parents (all four) were okay with Hanna and Jake dating and having a baby. So I really don't understand why it became such an issue only after these murders. Sure, Jake was an adult that should not have been having sex with a minor, but it should have been stopped at the time. You can't unring a bell.

I know this is not a popular statement I am making, but IMO the charge only added shade that one day this precious child will hear about and it is just plain wrong. No one can dispute the fact that she was loved on both sides. MOO.

Yeah...it would have been difficult for the family to complain when they consented to the relationship. It isnt for me to judge but no way would I have allowed my 13 yr old date an 18 yr old, or whatever Jake's age was at the time.

Unlike prisons, it is very unlikely county jails have a medical staff. They may have a roaming nurse to dispense meds and deal with minor issues that may arise, but they certainly wont waste limited dollars on full time staffs. IMO

So I'm sure it isnt an uncommon request. Imo

My exact thoughts about a minor dating an adult.

BCI wasn't even suspecting the Wagners in 2016. Jake was the father and spent time with her and evidently she was fine with him and fine with her uncle and grandparents. Probably that out-weighed the fact that HR was 15 and he was over 18 when they decided to try for a baby.

The judge was doing what was in the best interests for the child. She lost her mom, uncles, grandparents so she actually needed a dad and his parents and brother. Makes sense to me. The true evil Wagner dynamic was not given the light of day until later.

Why not take her away during BCI's investigation of the Wagners?

No legal grounds to do so. There was no indication abuse was going on and the Wagners were suspects only.

But then yes, once the indictments came down she was taken away. If Jake had gotten bail I think the most he could have had was visitation, probably supervised so he couldn't go on the run with her.

I appreciate that the judge was trying to do what was best for the child by giving her father custody. She had just lost most of her maternal family members, including her mother due to a mass murder.

That said, within a couple of weeks of the murders, starting before May 1, 2016, there were discussions on this forum by several posters who noted the children were spared and the timing of the murders included the fact that HR had just had her second baby and was recently home from the hospital. HR's recent childbirth definitely caught the attention of at least some on this forum. Some did not think this was just a coincidence.

Anyone in a position of authority could have done the math and easily determined that HR was underage when she became pregnant with JW's child. There is a law in place that makes this kind of relationship illegal and it is in place for very good reason. These kind of relationships can lead to victimization of the underage girl and it can also lead to abuse. HR was both victimized and she was abused. Her family tried to protect her and they all lost their lives. JMO.

I appreciate that the judge was trying to do what was best for the child by giving her father custody. She had just lost most of her maternal family members, including her mother due to a mass murder.

That said, within a couple of weeks of the murders, starting before May 1, 2016, there were discussions on this forum by several posters who noted the children were spared and the timing of the murders included the fact that HR had just had her second baby and was recently home from the hospital. HR's recent childbirth definitely caught the attention of at least some on this forum. Some did not think this was just a coincidence.

Anyone in a position of authority could have done the math and easily determined that HR was underage when she became pregnant with JW's child. There is a law in place that makes this kind of relationship illegal and it is in place for very good reason. These kind of relationships can lead to victimization of the underage girl and it can also lead to abuse. HR was both victimized and she was abused. Her family tried to protect her and they all lost their lives. JMO.

The judge did what was in the best interests of the child, that's all. And it's not just the Judge, in Ohio there is a network of children advocates and services for children in those bad types of situations.

She had the State of Ohio Scioto County Child Services taking care of her. She would have had an attorney, case worker and victim advocate like the Rhodens and Manleys and Gilleys have.

So the judge hears and takes seriously all these professional opinions.

The Manleys were the people of interest back then as LM stated many times. Not the Wagners.

When Special Prosecutor Canepa asked BCI Special Agent Scheiderer, who led the investigation, if they were investigating the Wagners at a certain point in the investigation, he said no.

George Wagner Bond Hearing

My opinion only

Last edited:
The judge did what was in the best interests of the child, that's all. And it's not just the Judge, in Ohio there is a network of children advocates and services for children in those bad types of situations.

She had the State of Ohio Scioto County Child Services taking care of her. She would have had an attorney, case worker and victim advocate like the Rhodens and Manleys and Gilleys have.

So the judge hears and takes seriously all these professional opinions.

The Manleys were the people of interest back then as LM stated many times. Not the Wagners.

When Special Prosecutor Canepa asked BCI Special Agent Scheiderer, who led the investigation, if they were investigating the Wagners at a certain point in the investigation, he said no.

George Wagner Bond Hearing

My opinion only

The child may have been represented by numerous individuals/entities, and correct, the W's were not persons of interest at the time custody was granted. That said, his admission of paternity made him guilty of a felony under Ohio State Law. A law that was specifically designed to protect underage girls from being exploited, victimized and abused.

JMO

The child may have been represented by numerous individuals/entities, and correct, the W's were not persons of interest at the time custody was granted. That said, his admission of paternity made him guilty of a felony under Ohio State Law. A law that was specifically designed to protect underage girls from being exploited, victimized and abused.

JMO

Good that he was charged with that type of crime and pled guilty to that charge. I was only trying to figure out why the judge didn't have him arrested. The only thing that makes any sense is what I said.

e
Good that he was charged with that type of crime and pled guilty to that charge. I was only trying to figure out why the judge didn't have him arrested. The only thing that makes any sense is what I said.

I'm sure the judge was trying to come up with what he thought was best for the child. She'd lost her entire close maternal family in the mass murder and the W's weren't on the radar yet.

I'm not a judge, but life has taught me to really look at a person's character. If someone commits a felony (in this case statutory rape), I question what other felonies are they capable of committing. Some criminals are very diversified, and they can go from con artist, to rapist to murderer in the blink of an eye. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675