UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian Druker
@Julian5News

·
7m

#BREAKING Man arrested in connection with murder of PCSO Julia James. A man in his 20s from the Canterbury area was arrested at 9.30pm last night and remains in custody.

Helena Wilkinson

@BBCHelena

·
5m

BREAKING: Officers investigating the death of PSCO Julia James have arrested a man in connection with her murder. Kent police say a man in his 20s from the Canterbury area was arrested at 9.30pm last night.

Julia James' neighbours too scared to leave home alone and fear killer could be 'anyone you know' | Daily Mail Online

It remains that we still need to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time between 1pm and 4.30pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, as well as anyone local who may have seen something out of place at the time or who came across someone who made them feel uneasy - such as feeling compelled to cross the road or change the route they were walking.'

I wonder if people have reported seeing him when walking on different days before Julia was attacked and felt uneasy about him.

Although we don't know much yet, it just shows the potential power of public help in enquiries like this.

If as speculated the photo was from dashcam from a member of the public, it really does show how useful this technology is to have, even though most fit it for accident recording. A video doorbell helped place the whereabouts in the Sarah Everard enquiry.

I hope all fellow websleuthers have got dashcams / cctv / video doorbells and know how to quickly and discreetly activate video on your smart phone - it could help solve a serious crime or even murder one day.

So thrilled to hear the news of an arrest. LE appears to have done a very quick and thorough job here. Identifying a person of interest, sharing his picture for identification and ultimately an arrest. It has not been confirmed yet that they arrested the man in the photo but I think the chances are extremely high given the timing. I'm thrilled that the alleged perp is off the streets as it appears to me this could be someone who would strike again. I say that because it also appears this was random and unmotivated. Anyone who is that depraved to brutally murder a woman so callously for no reason could do anything. All MOO

So thrilled to hear the news of an arrest. LE appears to have done a very quick and thorough job here. Identifying a person of interest, sharing his picture for identification and ultimately an arrest. It has not been confirmed yet that they arrested the man in the photo but I think the chances are extremely high given the timing. I'm thrilled that the alleged perp is off the streets as it appears to me this could be someone who would strike again. I say that because it also appears this was random and unmotivated. Anyone who is that depraved to brutally murder a woman so callously for no reason could do anything. All MOO

Yes the police say they made an arrest at 9.30pm, and then the statement last night saying they had identified the person in the photo was around 10.30pm, so I'd say this is the same guy. I'm still wondering whether there's a connection to her job - as a PCSO she would have done a lot of community work and she specifically worked with victims of domestic abuse, so I do wonder if there is an ex-partner with a grudge who found out where she lives, as these things can get insanely messy - just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member