UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to know the sequence of events that led up to the man being arrested. Hope it wasn’t someone waiting for a reward to be announced before they provided info. (I assume not, to be honest, because I think it more likely that it took a while for the footage to be tied to the attack).

Yes the police say they made an arrest at 9.30pm, and then the statement last night saying they had identified the person in the photo was around 10.30pm, so I'd say this is the same guy. I'm still wondering whether there's a connection to her job - as a PCSO she would have done a lot of community work and she specifically worked with victims of domestic abuse, so I do wonder if there is an ex-partner with a grudge who found out where she lives, as these things can get insanely messy - just my opinion.

Great thought and agree with that possibility. Here is my list of motives from most likely to least likely MOO

1) Random - Complete sicko who just wanted to attack someone and JJ was in wrong place at wrong time and appeared vulnerable. I tend to also think this person has committed a similar crime before but the person didn't die.

2) Random but sexual - Same as above but also wanted to assult victim. (Even if he didn't that could have been a motivator)

3) Random but robbery motive - Same as above but initially motivated by trying to steal something.

4) semi-Targeted - Had seen JJ previously but they didn't have any true connection.

5) Targeted related to JJ job - A disgruntled ex of a dv victim that JJ supported. He stalked her and wanted to specifically kill her.

6) Targeted for another reason - Knew JJ another way (son of a coworker, neighbor or friend).

All MOO

Are fellow websleuthers looking at previous incidents in Canterbury, especially any e-fits of suspects for other crimes.

He might not live in Canterbury,he could have been caught at a bus or train station trying to leave the area. Though it would be interesting to find out if there have been any incidents in the local area.

The
He might not live in Canterbury,he could have been caught at a bus or train station trying to leave the area. Though it would be interesting to find out if there have been any incidents in the local area.
The slant that Julia worked in Canterbury as part of her job with domestic violence victims is what I was thinking. ITV news has said that the man is a British national from the Canterbury area.

Yes, could be. The only other reasons I could think of are

- a random security check.

- an abandoned location exploration team having a nose around.
I think the lone person and black car in weeks leading up has been ruled out now by another sleuth who said that it was probably the person doing the drone footage.

Last edited:
Yes, could be. The only other reasons I could think of are

- a random security check.

- an abandoned location exploration team having a nose around.

Had a look a this one earlier in the thread - I concluded the two people stood near the black car were the people operating the drone itself. They said they were outside the grounds and no other people show up on the video near the colliery yet somebody must be operating the drone from nearby.

I wonder if he's been sleeping rough for the 10 days since Julia's murder.

If so, if the police rushing into the woods at Barham yesterday and helicopter are connected with the arrest, there could have been food thefts reported. A lot of assumptions here, but still possibilities.

IMO

Had a look a this one earlier in the thread - I concluded the two people stood near the black car were the people operating the drone itself. They said they were outside the grounds and no other people show up on the video near the colliery yet somebody must be operating the drone from nearby.
Yes I think you are right it is Marcel and his friend operating the drone so nothing of interest on the footage and it was at least two weeks beforehand.

Not really, his DNA may be a partial match to the sample found at the crime scene. The man in his 20s may be related to the killer of the Russells ( Chillenden murders)

I've read this multiple times, and perhaps I'm being really thick, but I don't understand it at all. Can you elaborate? If the young man in the photo that the police released goes on to be identified as the alleged killer of Julia James, there's no way her murder could be linked to the Chillenden murders as he wouldn't have been born at the time (or barely).

The idea that there might be a DNA link between him and the sample recovered then is the stuff of fiction - unless you are saying that bludgeoning women out walking their dogs on a Tuesday afternoon is likely to be a heritable characteristic...?

What am I missing? :confused:

Screen shot as per above mention from Press Reader.

I noticed that - so she would have been based in Canterbury for work and the arrested suspect is from Canterbury. Could well mean they had come across each other before - either through JJ's work. When I say could have come across each other before, it doesn't even necessarily mean JJ would have known the suspect or even known that she'd met them - could even be something like the suspect having walked past her or seen her somewhere etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998