GUILTY UK - Maria Rawlings, 45, murdered, Romford, Essex, 3 May 2021 *arrest*

I'm so sorry that this has happened to Maria . I must say, I only heard about her murder from another thread on here. Her case hasn't had much publicity (from my perspective).

I can't see any visible injuries on Maria from the image shared - had she just paid for her car parking at the machine before leaving the hospital?

I'm no expert, but I know that many women can be subject to domestic abuse. If she perhaps attended hospital because of her own health/injuries, could the person who perhaps inflicted abuse have taken revenge on her for fear she might have told healthcare staff what was happening to her?

Completely my opinion, not based on fact. It might explain the reason for the lack of publicity, though, if there might be a clear motive and perpetrator.

I do think from watching that she knows the person she is with, i cant see what they refer to as him coming from behind her. I don't think it looks a relaxed conversation but i do think he may be known to her.
Yes, I felt the same.
I see in the article it says the police will release an image of him tonight in case someone can identify him.

I do think from watching that she knows the person she is with, i cant see what they refer to as him coming from behind her. I don't think it looks a relaxed conversation but i do think he may be known to her.
It looks to me that she may be vulnerable, a little unsteady on her feet maybe following her A and E visit (or linked to it somehow). My impression from the footage is that he was known to Maria.

Thanks for posting that @opalsqueak63. Who are these people who send their doorcam footage to the DM instead of the police?

Does anybody else think they look a bit drunk? It seems to me there's a bit of stumbling going on as they round the edge of the shrubbery.

I agree they look acquainted, rather than her having someone come up behind her unexpectedly, but if they are drunk it may not be an acquaintanceship of particularly long standing.

I think he is not known to her and he might have a weapon like a knife or gun in his other (left) hand that he threatens her with. She puts her hand up to her face as if to stifle a scream. I think she is looking furtively to her right for help or escape. He looks dark and thin compared to her, but it looks like he has a hoodie with a cap under it and also a face mask, so it could just be dark shadows. JMO and I love reading all of your impressions, too.

It looks to me that she may be vulnerable, a little unsteady on her feet maybe following her A and E visit (or linked to it somehow). My impression from the footage is that he was known to Maria.

I thought she looked a very unsteady on her feet and wondered if she had been drinking. I also thought it was someone she knew.

I do still wonder why she visited the hospital. Could she have wanted drugs. Some people to go and try and get morphine or something similar prescribed.

There's something that's been bothering me about this case from the beginning.

She was at A&E on Monday night and left about 10.45pm. Her body was found at 2pm on Tuesday, in the bushes on the green north of the hospital.

But it wasn't until after the post mortem on Wednesday that LE designated this as a murder, because it was found that she had suffered strangulation as well as possible blunt force trauma. The press was briefed on Friday.

What is it that they thought they were looking at when they found her body on Tuesday that made them not designate it a murder right then and there? Because from what we've heard so far, it seems like murder would be your first thought if you found a body dumped in bushes, right?

The only thing I can think of is that they suspected drug overdose, which would chime with the unsteadiness and the fact that she'd attended a hospital some distance from home, but I don/t think you would assume a drug death unless there was some e.g. paraphernalia at the scene.

What do people think?

JMO

There's something that's been bothering me about this case from the beginning.

She was at A&E on Monday night and left about 10.45pm. Her body was found at 2pm on Tuesday, in the bushes on the green north of the hospital.

But it wasn't until after the post mortem on Wednesday that LE designated this as a murder, because it was found that she had suffered strangulation as well as possible blunt force trauma. The press was briefed on Friday.

What is it that they thought they were looking at when they found her body on Tuesday that made them not designate it a murder right then and there? Because from what we've heard so far, it seems like murder would be your first thought if you found a body dumped in bushes, right?

The only thing I can think of is that they suspected drug overdose, which would chime with the unsteadiness and the fact that she'd attended a hospital some distance from home, but I don/t think you would assume a drug death unless there was some e.g. paraphernalia at the scene.

What do people think?

JMO

She could have had some strong pain medication or some other medication in her possession or if it had been stolen, the hospital told police what had been prescribed

There's an off licence she would have passed, assuming she walked down Barley Lane, the main route from the hospital towards Little Heath btw. It's about all you do pass as you walk that way, in fact. Given she looks unsteady in the video, I wonder if she stopped in here on her way, and if that's where she was accosted by the person she's seen with. I wonder if the shop has CCTV.

I just want to be clear about the fact that imo if Maria had been drinking that night, it in no way makes her responsible for anything that happened to her afterwards.

Barley Lane off licence.jpg

She could have had some strong pain medication or some other medication in her possession or if it had been stolen, the hospital told police what had been prescribed

Yes, but if a member of the public reported finding a DB in the bushes, before you even knew who she was, you would think potential murder, wouldn't you?

I'm wondering what LE thought that made them not think murder until three days later.

jmo

Yes, but if a member of the public reported finding a DB in the bushes, before you even knew who she was, you would think potential murder, wouldn't you?

I'm wondering what LE thought that made them not think murder until three days later.

jmo

Maybe if she smelt strongly of alcohol it was suspected it was the cause of her being in the bushes.

Police release CCTV of man after mum’s body was found in bush

newFile-5.jpg

Very clear imo. So he does have a hood and a cap, but that was not a face mask but pale skin after all.

There is another image
Murder1252021Still%20collage-1.jpg

How old does this person look to all of you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back