Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about the witnesses that saw BG the day of the Delphi murders, and there was nothing in the drawings to depict big holes in his ears like BC. I think that if BC was seen by people that they would notice his ears, they hang down pretty low. Just a thought, maybe they didn’t see his ears. I’m back and forth on BC. Sometimes I think it’s him and sometimes I don’t.

Kind of on topic, but not entirely. For the first two years one of the faces of this investigation was ISP 1st Sgt Jerry Holeman. He, along with ISP Superintendent Doug Carter and Sgt Kim Riley granted interviews. Riley has since retired. Holeman was the guy from LE on stage with Liberty's grandparents and Abigail's mother. But it seems since this has gone in a 'new direction' I haven't seen or heard from Holeman. Have ISP moved him on as part of the 'new direction'? And in the last year I seem to hear more from CCSO Tobe Leazenby. At the April 2019 PC it was only Leazenby behind Carter at the podium.

Not sure you'll see this @JnRyan but IMO Sgt. Holeman was involved with the case at the time they switched directions and remained so well afterward,, and is likely still leading it.

Sgt. Holeman was at the 2019 "new direction" press conference. He was sitting very close to the podium. You can see him in this attached image from the Kokomo Tribune (he's seated next to the standing man in yellow).

In the Carroll County Comet Q&A this February, TL was asked who comprises the current team of investigators and though he didn't name names, he said there were two detectives from the ISP still currently assigned to the case. So we can maybe think that one of these is Holeman. Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers | Carroll County Comet

And finally, in this video interview of the ISP Road Show with Carter, which was filmed on 1.28.20, the participants talk about Sgt. Holeman leading the case and the great job he is doing, along with fellow ISP detective Jay Harper (check out around the 6 minute 51 second mark):

:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-154631~2.png
    Screenshot_20210508-154631~2.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 35
I think the strongest pointers are:
  1. The crime was committed within the Delphi area (17 miles)
  2. The crime was an abduction and assault of a minor female under the age of 14
  3. He fits the weight, height, build of BG
  4. He resembles the 2 composite sketches
  5. He is 42, but “looks far younger” as the police description indicated
  6. His Facebook shows he likes woods, train tracks, bridges, camping
  7. His date of birth is the 13th, as in Delphi and Evansdale (mirror of Delphi homicide) crime dates
  8. He was in Iowa when Evansdale crime committed there.
  9. He was in Indiana when Delphi crime occurred.

where is the evidence here..we can say the same for DN and the offender who killed himself
you are also forcing a link between 2 murders without any clarification from le or elsewhere
also how can he resemble 2 different sketches that look nothing a like

I have been thinking about the witnesses that saw BG the day of the Delphi murders, and there was nothing in the drawings to depict big holes in his ears like BC. I think that if BC was seen by people that they would notice his ears, they hang down pretty low. Just a thought, maybe they didn’t see his ears. I’m back and forth on BC. Sometimes I think it’s him and sometimes I don’t.
His recent mugshot is the first picture at the link. You can't see any holes in his ears. If we can't see them easily in a close-up photo, it doesn't surprise me that a witness at a distance didn't notice them either.

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Have you seen the photo of JBC on 7/14/2017 with a tennis ball in his mouth?
Captioned saying the "kids" (his dogs) need to be taught a lesson?
MOO can't really tell he has those big holes, the lobe just kind of scrunches down on itself.

Last edited:
where is the evidence here..we can say the same for DN and the offender who killed himself
you are also forcing a link between 2 murders without any clarification from le or elsewhere

Not that many people rape and attempt to murder children in a public setting. I consider an active daytime search on your street with LE already at your door a public setting. That is one of the most unsettling parts of Abby and Libby and so another violent, brazen pedophile in the vicinity is eye opening. Most pedophiles repeat their crimes as well. When that someone matches the height,weight and age parameters - even the "may appear younger"- it's even more interesting. When that someone appears to have naturally reddish brown curly hair it's even more interesting! Have you done a photo grid with his mug shot and the two sketches? I don't know how, but he somehow looks like both. Remember the sketch is not a photograph, but a representation. Also, I think LE saying he is being investigated and still not dismissing him does seem to be a clarification that he is of interest.

You are right we have no true evidence, but this is websleuths and he is worth sleuthing.

If it's not him, I think BG is a very similar type and it can't hurt to analyze JBC.

I think BC is ripping pissed he got caught and is in jail right now, and is now going to be found out..not for his usual foolishness but for something so dark and heinous..
as this part of him that he thinks is so secret...is now out. What we do have is someone we cant rule out..it's hard to rule him out, even if you desperately want to.

He's sitting in jail right now and the jackals are upon his life, his secrets and his pedophilia... it's out and everybody knows now what the truth is ..all his followers on FB and TicTok.. all his relatives
and exes know. I definitely think he did kill the girls...it must have been nice while he could hide behind just being a brawler and a drunk..but oh what kind of
slithering evil creature lurked beneath the violent surface ?..was anyone aware that he was a pedo? anyone in his family? you have to know he was doing this kind of stuff as soon as he was able at a very young age.

He has really shown himself and my guess is he is suspect number one right now..and they don't have to say anything because he's on ice..it would be nice if they could tell the families something encouraging though....

I expect we will be updated at least on some aspects..hopefully very soon..mOO

Not that many people rape and attempt to murder children in a public setting. I consider an active daytime search on your street with LE already at your door a public setting. That is one of the most unsettling parts of Abby and Libby and so another violent, brazen pedophile in the vicinity is eye opening. Most pedophiles repeat their crimes as well. When that someone matches the height,weight and age parameters - even the "may appear younger"- it's even more interesting. When that someone appears to have naturally reddish brown curly hair it's even more interesting! Have you done a photo grid with his mug shot and the two sketches? I don't know how, but he somehow looks like both. Remember the sketch is not a photograph, but a representation. Also, I think LE saying he is being investigated and still not dismissing him does seem to be a clarification that he is of interest.

You are right we have no true evidence, but this is websleuths and he is worth sleuthing.

If it's not him, I think BG is a very similar type and it can't hurt to analyze JBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ flashy09.. I don't agree that a basement room in a home is a public setting like a bridge on a hiking trail, not at all. We might want to force scenarios to fit our particular views, and we can force them all we like.. but like I've said before, we'll just have to wait and see what LE finds out and a court of law decides. There are so many men that could fit the monsters physique, hair color, etc; And there are men, DN for one, that so many were certain did it. I'm thankful that on Websleuths we aren't allowed to go crazy with conjecture, assumption and supposition. Sleuthing is one thing, a 'witch hunt' like I've seen elsewhere is quite another. Lest we not forget.. JBC is innocent of Abby and Libby's murders until proven guilty in a court of law.

There has been discussion about the “not what you think” DNA evidence, including that it could possibly be dog hair.
Watching a show about Billie Cunningham, an elderly woman found dead in her home in 2006. They found a dog hair at the crime scene. In 2009, police were able to connect it to the dog of one of their persons of interest. He went to trial and was found guilty.
Just putting it out there as a precedent and hopeful possibility!

@ flashy09.. I don't agree that a basement room in a home is a public setting like a bridge on a hiking trail, not at all. We might want to force scenarios to fit our particular views, and we can force them all we like.. but like I've said before, we'll just have to wait and see what LE finds out and a court of law decides. There are so many men that could fit the monsters physique, hair color, etc; And there are men, DN for one, that so many were certain did it. I'm thankful that on Websleuths we aren't allowed to go crazy with conjecture, assumption and supposition. Sleuthing is one thing, a 'witch hunt' like I've seen elsewhere is quite another. Lest we not forget.. JBC is innocent of Abby and Libby's murders until proven guilty in a court of law.
What the park and his house have in common is he happened to notice prey within eyesight that he could take.

jmo

MOO can't really tell he has those big holes, the lobe just kind of scrunches down on itself.
I’ve seen the picture and that’s why I’m back and forth thinking that’s him or that’s not him. Another reason I think it could be him, in my new book written by Pat Brown (profiler) she claims that after a murderer gets away with a crime, they tend to get sloppy with their crimes. BC got sloppy and grabbed a child from his own neighborhood.

I said they were indicators, not evidence. Time will tell.

He does strangely resemble both composites.

His voice resembles the ‘down the hill’ audio as well.

Again, time will tell…

Last edited:

I agree a basement room isn't a public setting, but it's a very high risk situation, for the reasons given. Someone who is very bold and willing to take risks might be the same kind of person willing to risk attacking two girls in broad daylight.

JMO, that part of his profile fits. He's already been caught in the act of assaulting and raping the young girl found in his basement. He's being investigated for the crimes against Abby & Libby, so assume all those factors played into WS mods allowing him to be discussed as a POI.

He will be found guilty of assaulting and raping his recent victim and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison for that crime. We'll see what comes of the other investigation by those working on the Delphi murder cases. That seems to be the consensus here, but maybe I missed something.

MOO sketches eliminate more than identify.
MOO how close the resemblance is won't have any bearing on the case in court.
Suspects height weight, WMA, hair color, opportunity and criminal acts to a child all make hin a target to investigate.
They will investigate until the find evidence of innocence in this particular crime, come to the end of of usuable evidence, or find evidence of guilt.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
LE has never conclusively ruled out more than one person being involved but neither have they confirmed it.

It could mean not involved in the act of murder itself but indirectly such as someone close to the perpetrator having knowledge or going along with a false alibi? Imo

Ps this case is so frustrating but I truly believe what little snippets LE are giving the public are genuine and not intended to have coded meaning it's just different people's interpretations.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Betty P.. I have no problem whatsoever with JBC being discussed as a poi, after all LE has clearly stated that they are looking into him. And I agree LE discovered he had done horrific things to that 9 year old girl. I too am glad that he is locked up where he can't hurt anyone else. Of course he will be found guilty for what he has done to that girl, that isn't even in question. What I agree to disagree with you and others about is that his taking that young girl to his house isn't the same kind of scenario that happened with Abby and Libby. JBC.. as dastardly as he indeed is.. in my opinion, is not the same monster that the girls encountered on the bridge that day. OF COURSE I could be wrong.. I hope that I am and we FINALLY have the bridge monster. Hopefully LE will let us know soon. JMO

And to add that was posted the day after the Delphi murders.

@ Betty P.. I have no problem whatsoever with JBC being discussed as a poi, after all LE has clearly stated that they are looking into him. And I agree LE discovered he had done horrific things to that 9 year old girl. I too am glad that he is locked up where he can't hurt anyone else. Of course he will be found guilty for what he has done to that girl, that isn't even in question. What I agree to disagree with you and others about is that his taking that young girl to his house isn't the same kind of scenario that happened with Abby and Libby. JBC.. as dastardly as he indeed is.. in my opinion, is not the same monster that the girls encountered on the bridge that day. OF COURSE I could be wrong.. I hope that I am and we FINALLY have the bridge monster. Hopefully LE will let us know soon. JMO
The only thing I might add is he is known to live outdoors. If by chance and I think it is a very good chance he was living outdoors near Delphi it is almost like that could of been his house at the time. I would like to know if anyone knows when his stepfather evicted him in Peru. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth