TN TN - Kaitlynn Abree Ledbetter, 25, wooded area w/o shoes, Overton Co, 2 May 2021

mlhenn

Reaction score
https://fox17.com/amp/news/local/fo...nty-overton-county-turkey-town-road-tennessee
https://fox17.com/amp/news/local/fo...nty-overton-county-turkey-town-road-tennessee

The Overton County Sheriff's Department announced the search for a missing woman Thursday. Kaitlynn Abree Ledbetter has been missing since May 2.

She was last seen leaving her home on Turkey Town Rd. and going into a wooded area traveling west in the direction of Jackson County. The sheriff's office says at the time of her disappearance she was wearing pajamas boy shorts that are white with light blue polka dots, a royal blue sleeveless T-shirt and no shoes.

I'll follow this one, @mlhenn...

Well, this doesn't sound very good. I couldn't access the two links ("Not Found"), but it does sound like she was walking and not wearing any protective gear (for rain or cool weather), so either she got picked up by someone, went walking and got lost, foul play, self-harm, or just took some things and wanted to be by herself for a while.
The current temp is 55 F in Overton County, wind at 6 mph, so she could be a bit uncomfortable if she is outside, but she should be in no real danger WRT that.
Just random thoughts/questions:
Has there been, or will there be, a search party?
Is this something she does from time to time?
How old is she?
Children?
Does she live with someone?
Boyfriend, partner, children, or parents nearby?
Has she missed showing up for work?

We're not allowed to post family's social media accounts or links to other true crime forums. Only victims' or official suspects' social media are allowed, plus mainstream media and police accounts.

Both Fox17 links are not working (might be AMP), so here it is again: Overton County Sheriff's Department searching for missing woman

Edit: according to a missing poster, she's age 25.

Edit 2: the poster is being shared on social media. the sheriff's phone number and missing date/location matches, but out of caution (and to cite sources), I'm redacting the family's phone number, since it isn't from an official missing/find Kaitlyn page.

ledbetter_redacted.jpg

Last edited:
Well...she was last seen running barefoot into woods, in the dark, in her pajamas. Last seen by who? Boyfriend, ex-boyfriend; it's hard not to immediately jump to conclusions lately. Hope she if found alive, just lost and cold and hungry. moo

It’s hard to see her going very far with no shoes on. I know it’s a badge of honor in the south but it’s painful to try and walk a forest floor that way. I’ve learned that on camp trips. I just had a local case that was identical to this. I guess she didn’t have a phone with her?

Quoting myself to correct errors. The article said "she was seen entering the woods", not running and nowhere in msm does it state it was dark. I obviously worded my post by what I imagined happened. :oops::oops: The quote didn't show but it was from my previous post.

Quoting myself to correct errors. The article said "she was seen entering the woods", not running and nowhere in msm does it state it was dark. I obviously worded my post by what I imagined happened. :oops::oops: The quote didn't show but it was from my previous post.

It being light or dark can be researched

Sunrise and sunset times in Hilham

last seen May 2 at 5:30, sunrise at 5:47. Not pitch dark, but also wouldn't have been that well lit either.

How do they know what she was wearing and direction of travel?

They saying headed west makes me think the residence is on the right side of the street. Of which there are like three homes off 85 and Turkey Town Rd, all very spread out. It's really, really sparsely populated. I hope LE knows more than they're disclosing.

It being light or dark can be researched

Sunrise and sunset times in Hilham

last seen May 2 at 5:30, sunrise at 5:47. Not pitch dark, but also wouldn't have been that well lit either.

How do they know what she was wearing and direction of travel?

They saying headed west makes me think the residence is on the right side of the street. Of which there are like three homes off 85 and Turkey Town Rd, all very spread out. It's really, really sparsely populated. I hope LE knows more than they're disclosing.

And considering too that it would be a shade or so darker in those thick woods. If there is a lot of Laurel growing, it would be much worse.

The only reasons I can think of, off the top of my head, to walk into the woods wearing shorts and in barefeet are to urinate or collect wildflowers or perhaps wood for a fire. Otherwise, why walk into the woods without warm-enough clothes and shoes?

jmo

edited to add: Or in a huff to let off steam and clear your head for a few minutes. Or to escape immediate danger.

The only reasons I can think of, off the top of my head, to walk into the woods wearing shorts and in barefeet are to urinate or collect wildflowers or perhaps wood for a fire. Otherwise, why walk into the woods without warm-enough clothes and shoes?

jmo

edited to add: Or in a huff to let off steam and clear your head for a few minutes. Or to escape immediate danger.

I’ve learned my lesson about assuming things around here but there are several cases now where a missing girl “just walked into the woods”. The “hiking trip” case in WVA is a good example. It’s still cool outside here in the south at night as well.

I’ve learned my lesson about assuming things around here but there are several cases now where a missing girl “just walked into the woods”. The “hiking trip” case in WVA is a good example. It’s still cool outside here in the south at night as well.
I agree. I don't think it's as uncommon as some of us assume. Especially in certain areas. However, I do wonder if that's actually the case here?

I agree. I don't think it's as uncommon as some of us assume. Especially in certain areas. However, I do wonder if that's actually the case here?

My question is the same with a local case where this young lady “left walking”, were they forced to go or? This local girls family said that she was never an outdoors type, and yet she walked into the woods with no phone, compass, or anything one would usually have.

My question is the same with a local case where this young lady “left walking”, were they forced to go or? This local girls family said that she was never an outdoors type, and yet she walked into the woods with no phone, compass, or anything one would usually have.
Are you able to say which case you're referring to?

Are you able to say which case you're referring to?

We haven’t had it on WS but it’s on nbcnews , the victim is a Union County SC lady named Jessica Ash,ore, Jeffries Farm Rd, Union SC. She was supposed to have walked off after an argument with a relative. That area is very rural but I’m aware that people like Todd Koelheppe are close to this region so there’s all kinds of possibilities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back