Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article, I think the sister made the connection of SM missing to BM being the reason for the disappearance “immediately.
““Moorman says when she received the phone call from her father, telling her Suzanne has gone missing, she immediately knew her younger sister was no longer alive. On top of that, she was confident her brother-in-law was responsible.”
Quote from the article referenced in post #791 of this thread.
EBM to add link to referenced article
Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

I still don't read what you ( and other posters) quoted in the linked article. This is how it reads:
"She explained that at first, she didn’t believe Suzanne’s husband of 26 years could have anything to do with her disappearance.
But as time went on, Melinda said the family grew suspicious, especially following a particular conversation she said she had with Suzanne shortly before her disappearance."

Apparently it was in the home too though, according to Suzanne's brother as far as I remember. The smell of bleach. I THINK but could be mistaken that he said that on the Dr Phil interview.
The scenario you paint re motel makes perfect sense on it's own but if it's a fact that both places smelled of bleach it's a different matter.
This dude was allegedly a fan of true crime... he should have known.
I was searching earlier in forensics for strong smelling chemicals used to dissolve human remains that could be masked by chlorine.. Search is too broad for success.
On the subject of Chlorine, CM had tweeted this message out on 9/7/20 regarding chlorine. Screenshot of tweet below.
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1303024391715016704?s=21

Attachments

• 878289AF-C2F3-4E2E-996B-3FD2E20746FD.jpeg
    878289AF-C2F3-4E2E-996B-3FD2E20746FD.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 84
IMO Mike is a stand up guy trying to bring correct info and credibility to his channel. As time went on while they were both on PE, I noticed CM make more suggestions that he knew more but couldn’t tell. Watching MK’s reactions when this happened kind of raised a red flag to me. I stopped watching because I felt CM’s ego was changing the whole concept of why MK started the channel. CM is all about clicks and being the lead investigator. I believe MK was more about bringing all resources together to solve a case. In other words, it became apparent they were not on the same page for the PE channel. AMOO
yes the split there seems clear.

I view it a bit differently though...

It appears to me Mike likes to repeat information already chirped out and is looking for fame.( A solid go to crime show he is trying to build.)

I see Chris is a boots on the ground guy looking for the answers himself.

Each to their own on interpretation of their styles.
At the end of the day they are both good dudes and I see no need to dizz one because you prefer the other.

I enjoy Mikes flashy PE and I enjoy Chris's investigative nuggets and teases of info.

moo

Last edited:
Fifth paragraph in the article. It’s between two advertisements, easy to miss. I added a screenshot of what I snipped.
“The Friday before Mother’s Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,” Melinda said. “She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared.”

This is the quote from your post that I can't find in your link and now your screen shot:
““Moorman says when she received the phone call from her father, telling her Suzanne has gone missing, she immediately knew her younger sister was no longer alive. On top of that, she was confident her brother-in-law was responsible.”
Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

Sorry - OT - but have to correct this statement! :)

al66pine said:
@Whiteorchids sbm bbm Yes, Scott Peterson's death penalty sentence was overturned by CA St. Sup Ct, but the murder convictions were affirmed.*

So, there will not be a new trial de novo (in its entirety) on issue of guilt or innocence but new hearing(s) on Peterson's sentencing, which could death sentence again or could be reduced to LWOP, iiuc.
ETA: Regardless, Peterson will be in the slam for a looong time.

* "August 24, 2020,... the Supreme Court of California upheld Peterson's conviction, but overturned his death sentence ... "Jurors may not be excused merely for opposition to the death penalty, but only for views rendering them unable to fairly consider imposing that penalty in accordance with their oath. This is the meaning of the guarantee of an impartial jury."[2][115][116]." sbm Scott Peterson - Wikipedia
** "The ruling allows the prosecution to ask a new jury to reinstate Peterson’s death sentence or to allow him to be re-sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole." ** bbm
Death penalty overturned for Scott Peterson, convicted of murdering wife and unborn child

Ah - but from the San Mateo Court - from my notes:

4/27/21 Update: Stanislaus County: Last year, the California Supreme Court ordered a second look at the case after the original trial judge excluded jurors from the juror pool after they expressed they were personally opposed to the death penalty. The ruling upheld the conviction but struck the death penalty case, prompting a retrial of the penalty phase. The judge Tuesday agreed with a motion allowing 60 days of discovery and ordered the sides to reconvene in court on June 21.
San Mateo County: Peterson’s defense team on Tuesday was granted more time to investigate a juror who is accused of going rogue & committing juror misconduct during Peterson’s 2004 murder trial. The judge gave Peterson’s investigators more time to look into domestic violence committed against Nice in the early 2000’s while she was pregnant. Peterson will have two new hearings in June which will help move a slow legal process forward. The judge said she wants an evidentiary hearing — which would include new witnesses — to happen before the end of this year. He is guaranteed a new trial for the penalty phase because his death penalty was thrown out by the California Supreme Court. But what he really wants is a new trial for the criminal phase, which if found not guilty, would mean he could one day walk free out of prison. San Francisco Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo approved a continuance to June 28 for a further status report & also calendared that date for a hearing on expected discovery issues. In addition, she agreed to rule promptly on the appointment of attorney Pat Harris as Peterson’s counsel in the matter.

He has 2 cases going on at the same time....

This is the quote from your post that I can't find in your link and now your screen shot:
My sincerest apologies, Aloe, I think I’ve had too many sleepless nights.
Here is the correct article I quoted from. And I added a screenshot as well. Again I apologize
Sister of Suzanne Morphew talks suspicion, forgiveness, justice after Barry Morphew's arrest - KRDO

Attachments

• 818B1309-BDD6-4E63-860D-48662A2F1D53.jpeg
    818B1309-BDD6-4E63-860D-48662A2F1D53.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 41
Apparently it was in the home too though, according to Suzanne's brother as far as I remember. The smell of bleach. I THINK but could be mistaken that he said that on the Dr Phil interview.
The scenario you paint re motel makes perfect sense on it's own but if it's a fact that both places smelled of bleach it's a different matter.
This dude was allegedly a fan of true crime... he should have known.
I was searching earlier in forensics for strong smelling chemicals used to dissolve human remains that could be masked by chlorine.. Search is too broad for success.

I know cases when it happened, but it takes time (in one history case, it happened in the open sea, during a trip, in the course of a few days). BM won’t have the time.

My sincerest apologies, Aloe, I think I’ve had too many sleepless nights.
Here is the correct article I quoted from. And I added a screenshot as well. Again I apologize
Sister of Suzanne Morphew talks suspicion, forgiveness, justice after Barry Morphew's arrest - KRDO

No apologies necessary. Thank you! You found the correct article, which I could not. I knew I had seen the quote somewhere and remembered it being discussed that the sister's statements, as reported from the two different sources, were a bit contradictory.

I know cases when it happened, but it takes time (in one history case, it happened in the open sea, during a trip, in the course of a few days). BM won’t have the time.
It's possible he had from Friday night.
This is murder1.
Pre-meditated.
If he purchased chlorine is it possible he also purchased other chemicals too?
There are so many possibilities here.
Suzanne was small.
He could simply have put her in a barrel and poured concrete over her body, taken it off somewhere and buried it under one of his moving rocks...
But it doesn't explain the large quantity of chlorine or how or why he used it.
Unless it was to mask the smell of other strong chemicals/ acids..
I can see him using it to clean tools, if he'd poured it over the bobcat or whatever he used to transport her away, it could take quite a lot.. cleaning a flatbed with pure chlorine would use a considerable qty... but it's a tad inane all the same.

If in the end, the evidence against BM is over overwhelming, and he still refuses to reveal the location of her body, I’d be willing to look the other way while those who do what needs to be done, do their thing. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be illegal, but there would be ways to make him more likely to talk. There are people who could make BM’s life in prison utterly miserable.

If in the end, the evidence against BM is over overwhelming, and he still refuses to reveal the location of her body, I’d be willing to look the other way while those who do what needs to be done, do their thing. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be illegal, but there would be ways to make him more likely to talk. There are people who could make BM’s life in prison utterly miserable.

Like removing his access to the jailhouse gym? Taking the mirror out of his cell? You think i’m joking ;)

Sounds like he knew..but did he ever produce receipts or anything like that?
Thanks for the link.
No, I’ve never seen receipts for the chlorine. I did remember CM eluding to it months ago. That was about the same time another Youtuber who was in Salida snooping came across the information too.

Do any of you remember @ProfilingEvil talked about an invoice for some trees that BM had purchased? I can’t remember if they actually had the receipt bc someone sent it to them. Hoping I didn’t dream the whole thing up. Tweet from CM
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1379261699115606016?s=21
Wonder if these are the same trees where the dogs were showing interest? I find the trees planted oddly. What look to be Aspens planted almost in them same hole as the pine. Considering root ball size, it could possibly have been one huge hole. I Added a pic of a bob cat with an auger attachment for interest. Surely with BM in the landscaping business, he owned an auger attachment. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6E34E857-3737-4D52-984A-471B91B3C40C.jpeg
    6E34E857-3737-4D52-984A-471B91B3C40C.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 355510D4-3635-47DD-86CB-7328E0DB7ACA.jpeg
    355510D4-3635-47DD-86CB-7328E0DB7ACA.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics