Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. You are right on target reeling my wild imagination back to the real world. Maybe, this BFF was actually Face Timing with Suzanne when Barry is heard or seen doing something without realizing that he is on camera. This friend called the police immediately. Didn't she?

She probably is a very crucial witness.

JMO.

I don't recall, when we went through all the public police reports way back, that there was a call on this case at all with the FaceTime person. If there was, I think the case would have evolved very differently MOO

I need a botanist to explain the dead pine needles.

New tree, new planting, is that typical, or is that tree sucking up some toxic chemicals? How do trees feel about lime? Or lye? Or quik-crete or chlorine?

Anybody with boots on the ground watching for depressions in the ground or emergent mushrooms?

Get thee some dogs out there again.

JMO
That tree looks like a tree-cross on top of a gravesite.
Just sayin'
If she was not there, well his thoughts certainly came out in his landscape "design". To me it looks like a gravesite. If I had done that at my house or a landscaper had done it, I would have that corrected immediately. That's creepy and depressing looking.
Might well be worth a shot!
I'd love if she could be found.
And the new DA wouldn't spare any resources to find her if she thought she had a fighting chance, I reckon.
Metal detector. Cooler hinges.

JMO

I think it may be worth a shot! I really, really want Suzanne found like all of you.
It wouldn’t take long to find out if the tree planting is the place. The trees don’t look like they’re doing so great anyway!
MOO

I doubt it though, as well...
he had too much access to road and machinery to bury her in one or more parts so close to home.
I think he managed to destroy her remains some way some how.
But I'd still be up for giving his entire former home place a good digging... just in case..

Do any of you remember @ProfilingEvil talked about an invoice for some trees that BM had purchased? I can’t remember if they actually had the receipt bc someone sent it to them. Hoping I didn’t dream the whole thing up. Tweet from CM
https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1379261699115606016?s=21
Wonder if these are the same trees where the dogs were showing interest? I find the trees planted oddly. What look to be Aspens planted almost in them same hole as the pine. Considering root ball size, it could possibly have been one huge hole. I Added a pic of a bob cat with an auger attachment for interest. Surely with BM in the landscaping business, he owned an auger attachment. Thoughts?
Yes, at one point Chris said that the "number five" was in reference to five trees. I'm not sure if he meant BM purchased five trees or planted five trees or if he used the bobcat to bury the body. I also thought he hinted that the body was moved in reference to the number five. I can't imagine BM would risk moving the body that many times, though. I'm still not sure what it all has to do with Bruce Lee. Imo

The rocks around the tree planting certainly look like the handiwork of BM - very similar to the rocks around the statue BM & the girls placed where the bike was found.

Attachments

• 40CE5551-AA89-4EB1-A88F-6DFF84987420.jpeg
    40CE5551-AA89-4EB1-A88F-6DFF84987420.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 51EC629C-FBDA-4E63-8A69-48D25582F9C7.jpeg
    51EC629C-FBDA-4E63-8A69-48D25582F9C7.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 132
I doubt it though, as well...
he had too much access to road and machinery to bury her in one or more parts so close to home.
I think he managed to destroy her remains some way some how.
But I'd still be up for giving his entire former home place a good digging... just in case..
I agree, brainstorming out loud, but sometimes that’s a good thing.

I agree, brainstorming out loud, but sometimes that’s a good thing.
I think so too.
I remember this was discussed in early threads but I don't remember the details.
But we know now that he is charged with pre-meditated murder.
We did not have that confirmed until a few days ago.
So that changes the landscape entirely.
Somewhere on or near his property or else somewhere very far away.. he had 48 hrs, tops, maybe..maybe just 24..
a pre-prepared location is a possibility.
then the panic to get home quickly on the Saturday because he'd remembered something, maybe?
I can see a scenario where she was moved a few times but only if her body was intact to begin with.

I don’t know how the law works with this but if his bobcat had Suzanne’s DNA on it or blood, would they have released it back to Barry? Or would it stay in evidence until the trial. Or do they swab it and once done, they release it back to Barry not knowing the results.

I don’t know how the law works with this but if his bobcat had Suzanne’s DNA on it or blood, would they have released it back to Barry? Or would it stay in evidence until the trial. Or do they swab it and once done, they release it back to Barry not knowing the results.
No idea but I'd imagine that if they did release it back to him they would have added a few nice discreet decorations.. miniscule GPS thingy and the like..
He didn't sleep in it, though he seemed welded to the thing.. I doubt they were remiss in that regard.

Sorry - OT - but have to correct this statement! :)

Ah - but from the San Mateo Court - from my notes:

4/27/21 Update: Stanislaus County: Last year, the California Supreme Court ordered a second look at the case after the original trial judge excluded jurors from the juror pool after they expressed they were personally opposed to the death penalty. The ruling upheld the conviction but struck the death penalty case, prompting a retrial of the penalty phase. The judge Tuesday agreed with a motion allowing 60 days of discovery and ordered the sides to reconvene in court on June 21.
San Mateo County: Peterson’s defense team on Tuesday was granted more time to investigate a juror who is accused of going rogue & committing juror misconduct during Peterson’s 2004 murder trial. The judge gave Peterson’s investigators more time to look into domestic violence committed against Nice in the early 2000’s while she was pregnant. Peterson will have two new hearings in June which will help move a slow legal process forward. The judge said she wants an evidentiary hearing — which would include new witnesses — to happen before the end of this year. He is guaranteed a new trial for the penalty phase because his death penalty was thrown out by the California Supreme Court. But what he really wants is a new trial for the criminal phase, which if found not guilty, would mean he could one day walk free out of prison. San Francisco Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo approved a continuance to June 28 for a further status report & also calendared that date for a hearing on expected discovery issues. In addition, she agreed to rule promptly on the appointment of attorney Pat Harris as Peterson’s counsel in the matter.

He has 2 cases going on at the same time....

I live in CA watched and followed this case and the entire trial he is so darn guilty. I can’t believe CA has given this opportunity to this murderer who killed his beautiful wife and unborn baby Christmas Eve, Laci who washed up on shore. Only Laci’s torso and baby Conner had been expelled. It figure lawless CA. CA fights for the criminals not the victims. 150,000 inmates were released last year and about ready to release another 76,000 including violent felons.

I would think it would be treated similarly as a vehicle. LE will hold vehicles for months and months at a time. Recalling the Gannon Stauch case which hasn’t gone to trial yet, GS’s dad was still making car payments even though cars were in police impound, iirc. That info came out in the divorce hearing.

I just remembered something about cadaver dogs and chlorine.
It's from the YingYing Zhang case.
The perp dismembered her in a small bathroom but the FBI showed she was badly attacked in the bedroom and they found the blood etc.
But he had cleaned the apartment with gallons and gallons of chlorine bleach, walls, ceiling, everything.
He had the apartment handymen come in and treat it for mold, so more chemicals added.. there were more chemicals than structure in it for a finish.
The FBI brought in a cadaver dog, he signalled once at a vanity, the only place the perp had missed, just under the vanity.
That dog subsequently died before the trial , which was a death penalty Federal case but his signal was accepted as evidence and the perp was convicted.
It was also a no- body case, overly streamlined ..
That's why I remembered it.( I spent 2 solid years on that and no other case here at the time)

If in the end, the evidence against BM is over overwhelming, and he still refuses to reveal the location of her body, I’d be willing to look the other way while those who do what needs to be done, do their thing. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be illegal, but there would be ways to make him more likely to talk. There are people who could make BM’s life in prison utterly miserable.
Creating killers and torturers of prisoners for us as proxy is a against why we have anyone in prison.
MOO With BM they might have the DP to deal with because the law didn't change till after Suzannes disappearance.
(MOO if the DP had been dealt fairly and justly to all, instead of a penalty only poor people actually end up serving, there still would be a DP in CO)

I just remembered something about cadaver dogs and chlorine.
It's from the YingYing Zhang case.
The perp dismembered her in a small bathroom but the FBI showed she was badly attacked in the bedroom and they found the blood etc.
But he had cleaned the apartment with gallons and gallons of chlorine bleach, walls, ceiling, everything.
He had the apartment handymen come in and treat it for mold, so more chemicals added.. there were more chemicals than structure in it for a finish.
The FBI brought in a cadaver dog, he signalled once at a vanity, the only place the perp had missed, just under the vanity.
That dog subsequently died before the trial , which was a death penalty Federal case but his signal was accepted as evidence and the perp was convicted.
It was also a no- body case, overly streamlined ..
That's why I remembered it.( I spent 2 solid years on that and no other case here at the time)
Would the chlorine aid in covering up the scent of a decomposing body if the body was placed inside an ice chest or something similar to confuse or throw dogs off? I’ve not followed enough cases to know the answer. I know chlorine can actually slow down decomposition.
Chlorine - Wikipedia

Attachments

• B8C8DA3C-EC54-496B-B14E-F483344783B0.jpeg
    B8C8DA3C-EC54-496B-B14E-F483344783B0.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
Didn’t CM or someone else report he bought bags of cement? I just can’t remember but if so it makes me think of the Daybell case and how cement was poured over Tylee in the grave along with other materials like plastic where she was found also the cement was attempted with Vanessa Guillén.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24