CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report that police in tactical gear are at the Millete home. It’s unknown whether they are executing a search warrant or are there for other reasons. Also an audio of the night the gunshot has surfaced…Maya’s children are heard playing in the backyard after the gunshot, I believe. The younger daughter’s nickname is heard in the audio. In addition, profilers are working to identify areas to search.
The community support is evident, all the people with signs and tshirts, etc.

When Gannon Stauch was murdered in his home, the family was living there.

Leticia had already been kicked out but Al, Laina nand Landen, were there. When LE came with a warrant to search the house, the family left and I don't think they returned but I could be wrong.

The reason I bring this up is that if LE determines that Maya had been killed in her own home and the home is now a crime scene - does everyone have to move out?

And, did LM ever return home at some point on the Friday? I can't believe he didn't rush there to be with his children.

MOO

And, did LM ever return home at some point on the Friday? I can't believe he didn't rush there to be with his children.

RSBM. Idk why, but your question sparked a thought...Did LE have LM at the police station/held up somewhere else in town while they searched his house? From the aerial footage and discussions, it looks like he left the kids at home with his parents. Was he lurking somewhere nearby watching the search take place? I definitely want to know if he came home after everyone left now, too! MOO.

RSBM. Idk why, but your question sparked a thought...Did LE have LM at the police station/held up somewhere else in town while they searched his house? From the aerial footage and discussions, it looks like he left the kids at home with his parents. Was he lurking somewhere nearby watching the search take place? I definitely want to know if he came home after everyone left now, too! MOO.

I wondered that too.

This case is heartbreaking and frustrating. I have been following this case from day 1. Its evident what we all fear. Please someone get those kids to safety.

Cannot imagine how those little kiddies are feeling, their mommy was cruelly taken from them, hopefully they will get the support they need now and in the future, bless them all.

Thinking about Maya and all
the pics of her with her children. There was so much love there. She wanted to give them wonderful experiences and memories.

He can fool himself that he can make things feel normal for his children again, but underneath the daughters are old enough to know. Police are coming to their home, people are chanting outside their home, they only get to see Maya's family and their cousins from a distance now.

Inside, the children are in what may well be a big cover up denial world where everyone is holding their breath. Prayers for those children. The longer this goes on, the more the damage to them. I hope LE can make their move soon, and get those children in a better environment.

There's no making it right anymore. MOO, LM should turn himself in and any helpers should come forward. Our hands are tied in regards to getting the children out of that situation for now, but I'm sure Maricris would ask that you please just keep praying.

All my own thoughts and MOO.

This case is heartbreaking and frustrating. I have been following this case from day 1. Its evident what we all fear. Please someone get those kids to safety.

Cannot imagine how those little kiddies are feeling, their mommy was cruelly taken from them, hopefully they will get the support they need now and in the future, bless them all.
Here's what I'm not understanding, and maybe those of you who have knowledge of CPS can weigh in.

*If* it has (will be) confirmed that the shots at 10:00pm on January 7, 2021 (the night Maya went missing) came from the Millete home...ISN'T THAT ENOUGH REASON TO REMOVE THE CHILDREN?!

Isn't having three little children in a house where multiple shots have been fired and with a missing mother considered a "clear and present danger" to their wellbeing?

Amateur opinion and speculation: If the children are harmed (aren't they already harmed psychologically?), would this be considered failure to act, and put authorities at risk for "State-Created Danger" Liability?

Liability for Failure to Protect

I'm truly baffled as to the lack of action on removing the children from what appears to be a high risk environment.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It’s obvious that watever happened, it’s worse than we all thought in the beginning. I personally thought she was strangled in a fit of rage. It’s looking so much more sinister...all we have learned about Scary Larry. My heart today goes out to her 3 little babies. They have no mother to celebrate today. I’m sure this Mother’s Day will always stick out as they grow up. It sickens me to think their daddy killed their mommy. MOO. I do hope that his arrest goes smoothly. Prayers for May and her family
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY MAY!!!❤️

LM was served with a temporary gun restraining order 2 days before this most recent search warrant was executed.

(More details below this tweet where I snipped a few highlights from an article about it)

10News
@10News

·
3m
ABC 10News has learned the San Diego County Sheriff's department served Larry Millete a temporary gun violence restraining order, 2 days before police served a search warrant at his Chula Vista home.

https://twitter.com/10News/status/1391557430639616003

Not to say he couldn't still possibly find a way to access a gun, the more they can do to keep him from possibly doing something before LE takes a possible next step the better!

And seems it was requested by LE or authorities of some sort, as Maya's family had no idea about it.

More from the article about it:

According to the Sheriff's Department website, this type of restraining order is served in writing and signed off by the court. It prohibits the person from owning, purchasing, receiving, or having custody of any firearm, ammunition, or magazine.

<snip>

ABC 10News reached out to Maya's sister and brother-in-law, who said they had no idea about the gun violence restraining order and said their family did not request it.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...training-order-days-before-police-search-home

LM was served with a temporary gun restraining order 2 days before this most recent search warrant was executed.

(More details below this tweet where I snipped a few highlights from an article about it)

https://twitter.com/10News/status/1391557430639616003

Not to say he couldn't still possibly find a way to access a gun, the more they can do to keep him from possibly doing something before LE takes a possible next step the better!

And seems it was requested by LE or authorities of some sort, as Maya's family had no idea about it.

More from the article about it:

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...training-order-days-before-police-search-home

Well isn’t that interesting. Steps to protect the children?

Things are heating up and the walls are closing in.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members