UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has to be the weapon.
I wonder whether he slept in that location the night of the murder? Holed up in a dry ditch?
I wonder if they had anything resembling a metal detector in use today?
This because it sounded from their recent reports that quite a heavy implement was used... I got to thinking an iron bar..
But here's where I'm stuck..
Would he have carried it all the way there or disposed of it sooner?
He could have buried it.. then again it could have been something as simple as a hedge trimmer, a lopper.. a common garden tool?
It's also possible but probably unlikely that he has given them new information?

Just speculating wildly.I haven't a clue.

https://twitter.com/btposu/status/1391411401927925761?s=21

unable to upload a screenshot but it looks like the police are doing a much more thorough search of the woodland today, I think they’ve either been told (by the person in custody or someone else) that a weapon is located there or the person in custody is refusing to talk & they’re now desperately needing to find something with the persons DNA

unable to upload a screenshot but it looks like the police are doing a much more thorough search of the woodland today, I think they’ve either been told (by the person in custody or someone else) that a weapon is located there or the person in custody is refusing to talk & they’re now desperately needing to find something with the persons DNA

I think they must be searching for the weapon. Fingertip search tho....

Maybe a cigarette butt?

Pure speculation, but if Toby the dog had bitten the killer, is it ever possible that the dog bite could be matched specifically to Toby? Or could it just be identified as a dog bite that was made by a similar-sized dog?

I’m not a vet or a dentist but I’ve had dogs for many years and it’s very clear that there are individual variations in their dentition. JMO but I feel pretty sure a specific bite match could be made.

First time poster (longer-time viewer) so apologies if this is too far of a stretch, but IMO it seems interesting that MSM are reporting that lost evidence from Lin and Megan's murders has been "found at a police station" given previous discussions on this thread about similarities in the cases. Of course, probably just a coincidence of timing.
Key piece of evidence in murders of Lin and Megan Russell is FOUND after being lost for 14 years | Daily Mail Online

Well, that raises some very interesting chain of custody questions, if true. o_O

First time poster (longer-time viewer) so apologies if this is too far of a stretch, but IMO it seems interesting that MSM are reporting that lost evidence from Lin and Megan's murders has been "found at a police station" given previous discussions on this thread about similarities in the cases. Of course, probably just a coincidence of timing.
Key piece of evidence in murders of Lin and Megan Russell is FOUND after being lost for 14 years | Daily Mail Online

The NCA start sniffing around and guess what happens...

following this story closely and truly hope Julia’s family get justice. She sounds like an amazing lady.
I too find this so interesting - perhaps just a coincidence- but the timing of this is rather odd...

Wow what a coincidence - although it sounds from this BBC News article as though it was found a little while ago:

Mr Bacon said the bootlace was now being forensically-examined for any DNA evidence.

"We've actually known about this for a little while now. It was Michael [Stone] who said 'I really think this should be put in the public domain', so on his instructions we've done that."

My own perspective.
It's 25 years since the Russell murders, a very long time for a serial offender's cooling off period. A copycat is more likely, or just a dubious ruse to throw the police out of kilter in Julia's murder.
And, regarding animal bite marks, I would think any bite, even one several days old, would yield foreign DNA when swabbed.

Last edited:
Anthony Opie, 26, lives opposite the house and says the occupants "keep themselves to themselves".

"I've literally never seen anyone go in or out of that house" he told KentOnline.

"We've lived her about two years. Our kitchen faces out the front but we only spend a certain amount of time in there and tend to keep the blinds closed, but we've just never seen them."

Forensics teams carry bags from taped-off house

My own perspective.
It's 25 years since the Russell murders, a very long time for a serial offender's cooling off period. A copycat is more likely, or just a dubious ruse to throw the police out of kilter in Julia's murder.
And, regarding animal bite marks, I would think any bite, even one several days old, would yield foreign DNA when swabbed.

Agree completely re the canine DNA.

Anthony Opie, 26, lives opposite the house and says the occupants "keep themselves to themselves".

"I've literally never seen anyone go in or out of that house" he told KentOnline.

"We've lived her about two years. Our kitchen faces out the front but we only spend a certain amount of time in there and tend to keep the blinds closed, but we've just never seen them."

Forensics teams carry bags from taped-off house

It appears from this that others also lived in the house.

I do not take that much from his comments about not seeing them as I rarely see my neighbours come in and out unless I am in the front garden or actively looking out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler