Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the water they girls were found near is it common for people to go fishing there? I've heard about the deer hunting on land but I'm curious about the water?

Images are my own, creek off of the bottom of the Girard Trail, where people do go fishing. October 2020. This is west of the bridge, close enough but the bridge cannot be seen from here. I'd imagine part of the search was in this area. The first image is looking towards MHB.

In one image, debris can be seen. along the creek side, where there's a drop off from the land above the creek.

It's beautiful along there, and from what I've read the fishing is some of the best in central IN.

It's easy to see here the creek is low, however the depth can vary depending on the time of year, and how much it snows and rains.

Attachments

• 122761341_10157191094221601_6319544838821480158_n.jpg
    122761341_10157191094221601_6319544838821480158_n.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 122811174_10157191094676601_5146277875314916059_n.jpg
    122811174_10157191094676601_5146277875314916059_n.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 122941708_10157191094621601_7889315885780351932_n.jpg
    122941708_10157191094621601_7889315885780351932_n.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 122970970_10157191094551601_4489230261685414805_n.jpg
    122970970_10157191094551601_4489230261685414805_n.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I have read in a post near the beginning that he appeared left handed. I think it was because he had what appeared to be watch on his right hand.
And I wear my watch on my right hand because I am right handed. I went to school for so long and didn't like having to stop my test progress to look at my watch. So I would wear it on my writing hand and turn it where I could see the watch as I wrote. I never understood why people wear it on the left.

The investigators released a new sketch in 2019 and said they were going in a new direction. Did they announce that they had changed their investigation direction again? Can you post the press conference link for the new direction please?

And I wear my watch on my right hand because I am right handed. I went to school for so long and didn't like having to stop my test progress to look at my watch. So I would wear it on my writing hand and turn it where I could see the watch as I wrote. I never understood why people wear it on the left.
And this just seems crazy to me because, while I haven't worn a watch for close to 10 years now, I had worn a watch for over 20 years when I was younger - and I *ALWAY* wore it on my non-dominant hand. I absolutely couldn't stand having it on my dominant wrist. ...and btw, I am not in any way trying to discount your statement. Things like this just fascinate me. (Meaning things like how the simple day to day opinions & reactions of people about such vary basic things can vary SOOO widely.)

I agree. He camped out a lot and had his stuff with him. <modsnip>

And yes, he was both in the area but not part of the community.
I never bought into the theory that it would be some solid, well-respected member of the community.

<modsnip>

Most crimes go unpunished. Many murders do, for many years, unless someone talks. <modsnip>
However, I do recall LE in one of their press conferences said people would be shocked to find out who the murderer is. They really shouldn't have said things like that unless they were absolutely sure, as it steers people wrong.

I can see a resemblance to sketch #1, but certainly not #2. At least with his present appearance, I don't know about 4 years ago. Of course, if we go by ISP Superintendent Carter and the killer is 'somewhere in between the two', then I can see a possibility. Then again, if I walked through the town of Delphi I could probably find a half dozen men that would be 'somewhere in between the two'. (I can't ever recall a case where LE gives us a multiple choice of features like we're playing Mr. Potato Head.)
I have a hard time trying to figure out if the killer in Delphi is an organized killer or just very lucky. Even other serial killers such as Bundy and Keys got sloppy toward the end.
What doesn't do it for me is LE is taking way too long to say he is it. According to Sheriff Leazenby they have a print (partial?) and DNA (the killer's?) and who knows what else like maybe a shoe size from track coming through the mud out of the creek. And we have silence after 2 weeks. There are those that say, "Oh, it takes time in the lab to process DNA and fingerprints." With the head person of the ISP and the FBI involved and the high level of exposure I can imagine this POI had his bio data moved to the top of the list. I was off that band wagon early this last week even though I would love to be wrong.
I do agree with you on this. Yes, this latest suspect is certainly a possibility, but I too just don't get the sense that he is the murderer of Abby and Libby. And I do realize senses or vibes don't mean anything lol, but in my opinion this monster isn't the perpetrator in this case.

However, I do recall LE in one of their press conferences said people would be shocked to find out who the murderer is. They really shouldn't have said things like that unless they were absolutely sure, as it steers people wrong.

I have never understood why they said this and you are right unless absolutely sure and if they were sure then they would be making an arrest so it makes no sense to me. It just seems they went in bluffing a bit maybe to rattle BG's cage but Carter overplayed his hand.

I think they don't know who did this at all and saying they may have already interviewed them etc that is jst a more cagey way of saying they haven't ruled anyone out. I think they are hoping for the public to solve this I think they want that tip that will open up Pandora's Box and then they match it with what little DNA or partial palm print or whatever they have (all speculation but whatever evidenxe they have).

It's not LE's fault that a psycopath murdered these innocent girls but some things particularly certain press conferences could have and should have been handled better.

I have read in a post near the beginning that he appeared left handed. I think it was because he had what appeared to be watch on his right hand.

I remember that image. Many people also saw what they believed to be the outline of a gun underneath his jacket on his right-hand side that tended to suggest he is left-handed.

I went down the rabbit hole and did a deep dive into JC this weekend.

Here are the uncanny things that seem to line up that would be unlikely to all be coincidental:

1) Abduction of random 9 year old girl in broad daylight. Was ready to kill the little girl if not interrupted. Both incidents appear to be random crimes of opportunity. There are like 10 abductions of children by strangers in the whole US every year. and even fewer in broad daylight. What are the chances 18 miles away in extremely low density rural Indiana? Roughly 1 in 10,000

2) Exact height, weight and body build given by LE/FBI.

3) Does appear younger than his age.

4) Most prominent feature is his nose. This is the one feature that shows up in the grainy BG video.

5) Out on parole 2 months prior to Libby and Abby's murders.

6) Has a tattoo that eerily seems to depict Libby.

7) Says the word "Guys" on Tiktok video - matches scratchy voice from Libby's phone.

8) Welder by trade - likes bridges and being out in the country.

I don't know if he is Libby and Abby's killer. Only LE can determine that. Hopefully there was evidence in his house.

I personally think there is a 75% chance JC is acually BG.

8) Brother says JC is entirely capable of being the killer of the girls.

Thank you!!!! I’ve been hoping someone would check & report his record of release in this timeframe! I knew he wasn’t out long before the crime, which is a highly suggestive factor IMO in my theory of case.

but I thought he had some kind of parole-violation issue in August 2017, which made me think he’d been out six months at least when the crime occurred ..... probably I just remember that wrong?? As you seem to have the facts here & I do not

Here are the uncanny things that seem to line up that would be unlikely to all be coincidental:

1) Abduction of random 9 year old girl in broad daylight. Was ready to kill the little girl if not interrupted. Both incidents appear to be random crimes of opportunity. There are like 10 abductions of children by strangers in the whole US every year. and even fewer in broad daylight. What are the chances 18 miles away in extremely low density rural Indiana? Roughly 1 in 10,000

4) Most prominent feature is his nose. This is the one feature that shows up in the grainy BG video.

7) Says the word "Guys" on Tiktok video - matches scratchy voice from Libby's phone.

I don't know if he is Libby and Abby's killer. Only LE can determine that. Hopefully there was evidence in his house.

BBM
I believe his stepdad did too.

Brother says JC is entirely capable of being the killer of the girls.

This right here speaks volumes. I've known broken, messed-up and violent people. Saying they're capable of something is not something you throw around lightly. It's easy to say someone's capable of a bar fight, or theft, or some random episode of violence. To see a crime like THAT, and say that a person in their FAMILY is capable of it, they must have seen some evidence of that, and I would tend to believe them.

Excellent summary. I also found the raspy voice to be similar to the Delphi audio.

I would add:
  • he was in Indiana at the time of the Delphi murders, and in Iowa at the time of the (similar) Evansdale murders.
  • Also had pics of train tracks on his FB page, and admitted he has camped out in woods and under bridges. (Allowing him to have scoped out Delphi murder area)
  • Lived within 14-17 miles of Delphi crime at the time.
  • His birthday falls on the 13th, and both Delphi and Evansdale crimes occurred on the 13th.
Since it’s been said that he is “being investigated in relation to the 2017 Delphi murders”, I’m assuming they’re going through his house, basement, garage, and car; combing through his social media and computer and cell phone; interviewing people; interrogating him. Let’s keep hope alive.

Last edited:
Family relationships are often loaded w complexities & not easily grasped by outsiders .... but it seems this stepfather is likely the same man who had BJC forcibly evicted from his home last year, so he’s not merely spouting off IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member