Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> I also think SM's lifelong friend that had a wedding that weekend will be a KEY player in all of this.
Chris M. made a passing comment about CC on his guest spot on "It's a Crime." He said that he was out golfing. Then, he said something like, "You didn't think that I knew. Did you?" I have no idea what this is in reference to...Does anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to know what event tipped the scales and led to the need to move to Colorado as fast as we can. The pic of the trailer loaded looks like they were out of there in a flash, recliner upside down in the back was odd to me.

Going back to bleach, tools, coolers, dismemberment, antlers with flesh, hot tubs, and hotels, I had an idea that we may not have discussed before. Maybe BM killed SM in the house and dragged her outside somewhere to dismember her and placed her in the missing coolers. He then dumps the tools he used in the hot tub with copious amounts of bleach/ chlorine and runs it for a while to clean them. He empties the hot tub scrubs it down and refills it. He brings the bleached tools to the hotel in Broomfield and leaves them on a hotel cart. He may have brought some additional bleach to the hotel. He reexamines the tools to make sure there is no human residue left and wipes them down again with bleach. He then takes a shower and leaves the wet towels on the floor.
The antlers are brought up to the house to either lure in bobcats to shore up his mountain lion theory or to try and mask cadaverine in that location.
It has always bothered me that MG said she still had the tools from the hotel room at her home. I wonder why they weren’t seized by LE?
MOO
bbm
Agreed !
Great post, @OldCop !
LE have the footage of him going into and leaving the hotel room.
As well as if anyone joined him.
I'm thinking Barry wanted to be all by his lonesome for this activity, though.
Imo.

If by some miracle her scattered skeletal remains are happened upon...And if the diamond ring is there among the remains ..then it was definitely no abduction but a man throwing away his wife.

IMO.
Although the bike ride story may have been a convenient way to keep the rings. If Suzanne normally wore gloves and took them off, BM could have just left them sitting on her dresser or bedside table.

Between their oldest daughter going to college and Suzanne having cancer treatments...maybe money wasn't as ample as it seemed. They may have gotten behind on the mortgage, couldn't afford the cancer treatments, or any combination of these. Maybe Suzanne suggested they should move back to the Indiana home...closer to family and a house they already owned. Barry took objection and wanted to stay in Colorado, you fill in the rest. I believe the motive to be financial, but it will be interesting to see what was happening behind the scenes financially. JMO MOO

Although the bike ride story may have been a convenient way to keep the rings. If Suzanne normally wore gloves and took them off, BM could have just left them sitting on her dresser or bedside table.
Ita.
Bet that ring is sold by now.
My guess is that Barry kept everything of value ?

Except his wife, of course. :mad:

Between their oldest daughter going to college and Suzanne having cancer treatments...maybe money wasn't as ample as it seemed. They may have gotten behind on the mortgage, couldn't afford the cancer treatments, or any combination of these. Maybe Suzanne suggested they should move back to the Indiana home...closer to family and a house they already owned. Barry took objection and wanted to stay in Colorado, you fill in the rest. I believe the motive to be financial, but it will be interesting to see what was happening behind the scenes financially. JMO MOO
bbm
Yes, it will be interesting.
The AA is going to be a plethora of dirty dealings and secret deeds brought to light !

By now I'd guess forensic accountants have finished poring through Barry's financial records ?
MOO

I wonder if BM is reaching out to any prominent defense attorneys? I also wonder, does he still even have any money to pay a lawyer? I'm betting he has a payment for every piece of equipment he owns. Some big ticket items. I wonder if he didn't unload the Range Ranger in IN to off set a big monthly bill. Is that condo he's living in part of the development he's working on? Could he be doing a barter deal for his rent?

If he is cash poor, where's the money? Other than the Mexico vacations and the plastic surgery, that is. Notice the brown contacts, too? Hmmm. I bet he had the surgery done in Mexico, isn't it much cheaper there? Still should leave him with a good sized pile.

I've always thought the money was funny and a big factor.

Pure speculation on my part.

Last edited:
I do too being that Suzanne wrote “She was scared” no more was heard from Suzanne after that. I believe there’s a lot more to that text string that is being withheld.

Here’s 45 photos from the Puma Path house that was sold after Suzanne went missing. It gives me the creeps. So isolated. Poor Suzanne. It definitely looks on the masculine. A mans house aka man cave. BM being a landscaper didn’t do much landscaping around their house.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 - 3 beds/3.5 baths

I would have to agree with you. I always questioned to myself if Barry really was a landscaper because his Puma Path house looked awful on the outside. Maybe he just didn't care about his own property.

I do not for one minute believe that Barry dissolved Suzanne's jewelry. Her wedding set was probably at home (like she left it there to go biking), or he hid it somewhere if she were known to always wear it.

JMO.
Oh I don't think he dissolved her jewelry either. I also don't think he'd risk burning himself or the house down. He likes himself too much.

Did anyone else pick up on what Chris said in his recent video about the black Range Rover ? He apparently sold this to someone in Indiana only 3 weeks after Suzanne disappeared. They surely went over his truck with a fine tooth - but I wonder about the other cars. Sounds a wee bit suspicious that he got rid of that Range Rover so quickly. JMO but is that the vehicle that he took her away in ? Did LE have a chance to sweep that car ? Or even look at it's GPS before he got rid of it ?

That is a good point. Do we know if the Black RR was Suzanne's? I think I did hear in the video that he sold the car to his close friend in Indiana. I would almost guarantee that LE is aware and has searched it.

I wonder if BM is reaching out to any prominent defense attorneys? I also wonder, does he still even have any money to pay a lawyer? I'm betting he has a payment for every piece of equipment he owns. Some big ticket items. I wonder if he didn't unload the Range Ranger in IN to off set a big monthly bill. Is that condo he's living in part of the development he's working on? Could he be doing a barter deal for his rent?

If he is cash poor, where's the money? Other than the Mexico vacations and the plastic surgery, that is. Notice the brown contacts, too? Hmmm. I bet he had the surgery done in Mexico, isn't it much cheaper there? Still should leave him with a good sized pile.

Brown contacts? His eyes are as blue as can be.

I don’t think he wants to spend the money on a prominent attorney because he’s in denial this case could go on years before it even goes to trial. Trial lawyers are very expensive. I think a defense attorney might take this case on pro Bono since it’s a high profile case the attorney could make a name for him or herself like Jose Baez on the Casey Anthony case.

Brown contacts? His eyes are as blue as can be.
barry-morphew-mugshot.jpg

Mortgage? Tax Returns?
... If these are true statements then Barry was spiraling in 2018 when they arrived in Colorado.... buying that Puma Pass residence was more than they could afford. IMO BM was having a hard time keeping up the mortgage, plus all the vehicle payments etc etc. ...interesting to find out what their income tax filing reveal.
@Hatch bbm sbm Ability to keep mortgage payments current? Over the past year many here posted - at time of PP purchase, no mortgage on it was recorded in publicly viewable Chaffee County records. If true, BM/they had no mortgage payments* to make but like you mentioned, may have been short on moolah. Even if BM/they bought their vehicles w cash, they still had many other expenses.

And yes, their income tax returns may be revealing. Reporting high or low income from landscaping business? Interest or dividend income? Substantial capital gains or losses?

* Conceivably there may have been a loan made later w PP property securing it but not publicly recorded. If so, (imo likely) not a typical loan (like a HELoC) by a financial institution but a "friends or family" type loan w agreement not to record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998