GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a gatekeeper in this scenario? A 13 yr old in a relationship with an 18yr and going on to produce a child a couple years later. Both parent seemingly agree with the arrangement. At the time, no one was alleging abuse, at least openly. At what point does an adult say this isnt cool. We ain't having this up in here.

With all the speculation about drug business, pill running, ect...this case boiled down to a good old fashioned family dispute over jealousy and custody.jmo

I agree, far few do not get arrested and stand trial because of whatever reason....embarrassing for victim,

We spent quite a while discussing this along the way. I think there was consensus on different areas of the country, Appalachia, in this case, being more likely than other areas to be accepting of such age differences among dating minors, which Jake was still at the beginning of the courtship. While the law applies clear limits on age of consent and acceptable age differences, life is messy and not nearly so objective, even more so where 2 minors are involved.

Adding...that age difference would not have been acceptable if HR were my daughter, but I'm not going to pass judgment either. Appalachian culture is different. I see the Rhoden parents as very loving, involved, hard-working, etc. And their children were, by all accounts, very happy. AMOO

So many possibilities .
Jake was away from Mommy Angela for a long long long long time.
Maybe he began to relate to AC.

I said it once shortly after the plea deal. Jake may in some ways be feeling more peace than he's ever felt. He's finally out from under the control of 2 parents so demented that they helped with these murders. We have no way of truly knowing what his life was like. We do know that it was always insular. Certainly, no abuses that he may or may not have experienced in any way excuse murder. But finally being out from under that control... he just might want to tell the whole truth about them all for the first time. MOO

Jake Wagner is a crazy murder that has no morals for life he and that brother of his feel entitlement, In my book they need to be put down just like a mad dog would be, they shot and killed innocent people just because they couldn’t get their way, I feel no compassion for the Wagners like they showed the Rhodens and Gilley family, nothing at all. May they live forever behind bars like the animals they are, JMO
After the Wagners killed the Rhodens/Gilley family with all the computer skills they showed during the murders, why didn’t they try to let someone know about the babies that where left to fend for themselves in their parents blood, the Wagners has Zero Compassion for anyone kids but Jakes, they wanted something to happen to those babies but not by their hands, JMO

I remember the early days. We were all over the place on this forum and were reacting to what was being reported in the media, and it was hard to fathom just who could be so sophisticated to carry out this kind of crime - and why someone would do this.

I'll never forget this case. It's not over yet and I will continue to follow. I pray that the end result is justice for the victims and their families. I'm starting to feel like that is really going to happen.

We were all over the place because there was so little information publicly available about the murders and events leading up to them. All we heard about were the "multiple commercial grade grow ops" :rolleyes: and cockfighting :rolleyes: and derby cars. Jake was given custody of S and the Wagner family was allowed to move out of state.

Once more info was released to the public, the motive and identities of the suspects became clearer.

We were all over the place because there was so little information publicly available about the murders and events leading up to them. All we heard about were the "multiple commercial grade grow ops" :rolleyes: and cockfighting :rolleyes: and derby cars. Jake was given custody of S and the Wagner family was allowed to move out of state.

Once more info was released to the public, the motive and identities of the suspects became clearer.

I agree. I just wonder how JW was able to get through several police interviews, apparently with flying colors. JMO, the interview he gave to Chris Graves four months after the murders was a disaster. It was so bad that his mother, AW, felt compelled to correct the date in which they supposedly got possession of the little girl.

All JMO.

I said it once shortly after the plea deal. Jake may in some ways be feeling more peace than he's ever felt. He's finally out from under the control of 2 parents so demented that they helped with these murders. We have no way of truly knowing what his life was like. We do know that it was always insular. Certainly, no abuses that he may or may not have experienced in any way excuse murder. But finally being out from under that control... he just might want to tell the whole truth about them all for the first time. MOO

I think there is a lot of wisdom in what you've said. Since there may be no trials, I hope that we are able to learn more about the family dynamics that existed in JW's family of origin. I think a lot of answers about "why" this happened are likely to be found there.

Jake Wagner is a crazy murder that has no morals for life he and that brother of his feel entitlement, In my book they need to be put down just like a mad dog would be, they shot and killed innocent people just because they couldn’t get their way, I feel no compassion for the Wagners like they showed the Rhodens and Gilley family, nothing at all. May they live forever behind bars like the animals they are, JMO
After the Wagners killed the Rhodens/Gilley family with all the computer skills they showed during the murders, why didn’t they try to let someone know about the babies that where left to fend for themselves in their parents blood, the Wagners has Zero Compassion for anyone kids but Jakes, they wanted something to happen to those babies but not by their hands, JMO

I gotta give you credit Johnny, you were never one to mince words on here!

I think there is a lot of wisdom in what you've said. Since there may be no trials, I hope that we are able to learn more about the family dynamics that existed in JW's family of origin. I think a lot of answers about "why" this happened are likely to be found there.

I agree with you. I do hope we learn more.

I agree. I just wonder how JW was able to get through several police interviews, apparently with flying colors. JMO, the interview he gave to Chris Graves four months after the murders was a disaster. It was so bad that his mother, AW, felt compelled to correct the date in which they supposedly got possession of the little girl.

All JMO.

I think he screwed up in his interviews "all the lies they told us."

Looks like the Wagners got their lies mixed up in their interviews shortly before the searches and this helped give the probable cause for the Search Warrants:

April 13, 2017---Jake audio interview
May 3, 2017---Jake and Angie audio interview
May 8, 2017---GW3 audio interview
May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on Peterson Rd., car lot, vehicles, and FWF.

There have been discussions as to BCI did know/should have known that it was the Wagner's from day one. I think it gets forgotten that to even get to the evidence that points to the Wagners BCI had to get multiple Probable Cause Search Warrants with a Judge's signature. Expiring in 30 days they then had to do it all over again.

Remember it was with Search Warrants for property and vehicals that BCI was able to obtain:

1.) Faulty burned silencer in well - Consistent with suppressor parts they bought.
2.) Bullet casings buried in the ground - Matched casings at crime scenes.

3.) Fraudulent custody documents - Showed motive for murder and also exposed Angie's lie telling her mom to lie and say she forged the documents. I believe Angie copied her mom's signature and used her rotary stamp.

4.) Angie's infamous shoe receipt - Linked BCI to the Waverly Walmart showing Angie (in early April) on video buying the brand of shoes that were consistent with the bloody footprints at Dana's and Chris's including having new tread.

Also it was Search Warrants for phones and hidden listening devices - like in their truck - that BCI was able to overhear 8,000 remarks of interest.

1.) I bought a night scope.
2.) I bought a Captain America mask.
3.) (Scheiderer sends George a photo of a 22 gun) If they have the gun they have the silencer.
4.) (Photo of 22 gun) We have a family emergency.

5.) (BCI is on Peterson Rd. property, George calls Billy) Don't come down here we have company.

6.) (A gun list and gun photo are found on Jake's phone) I told you to get rid of your phone.

7.) (The Wagners abused George's ex wife, Jake's wife, and HR) Your always getting us into trouble over some woman.

No doubt there is much much more than all this that they found.

Bond Hearing - Discovery Evidence

Last edited:
I think he screwed up in his interviews "all the lies they told us."

Looks like the Wagners got their lies mixed up in their interviews shortly before the searches and this helped give the probable cause for the Search Warrants:

April 13, 2017---Jake audio interview
May 3, 2017---Jake and Angie audio interview
May 8, 2017---GW3 audio interview
May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on Peterson Rd., car lot, vehicles, and FWF.

There have been discussions as to BCI did know/should have known that it was the Wagner's from day one. I think it gets forgotten that to even get to the evidence that points to the Wagners BCI had to get multiple Probable Cause Search Warrants with a Judge's signature. Expiring in 30 days they then had to do it all over again.

Remember it was with Search Warrants for property and vehicals that BCI was able to obtain:

1.) Faulty burned silencer in well - Consistent with suppressor parts they bought.
2.) Bullet casings buried in the ground - Matched casings at crime scenes.

3.) Fraudulent custody documents - Showed motive for murder and also exposed Angie's lie telling her mom to lie and say she forged the documents. I believe Angie copied her mom's signature and used her rotary stamp.

4.) Angie's infamous shoe receipt - Linked BCI to the Waverly Walmart showing Angie (in early April) on video buying the brand of shoes that were consistent with the bloody footprints at Dana's and Chris's including having new tread.

Also it was Search Warrants for phones and hidden listening devices - like in their truck - that BCI was able to overhear 8,000 remarks of interest.

1.) I bought a night scope.
2.) I bought a Captain America mask.
3.) (Scheiderer sends George a photo of a 22 gun) If they have the gun they have the silencer.
4.) (Photo of 22 gun) We have a family emergency.

5.) (BCI is on Peterson Rd. property, George calls Billy) Don't come down here we have company.

6.) (A gun list and gun photo are found on Jake's phone) I told you to get rid of your phone.

7.) (The Wagners abused George's ex wife, Jake's wife, and HR) Your always getting us into trouble over some woman.

No doubt there is much much more than all this that they found.

"I think he screwed up in his interviews "all the lies they told us." YEP

All the rest you pointed out is very interesting. It took a long time for investigators to get the evidence they needed. I hope we get more details on the lies.

All JMO.

LE should have jumped on his changing story about picking up S immediately. That was a massive red flag.

JMO, it was the influence of his family and their wealth in the area that prevented LE from taking a closer look at the Wagners.

I'm guessing Jake's lie caught the attention of some LE, but not enough.

Whatever happened to the trailers and contents? Are they still in the warehouse?

Maybe someone knows more but this is the most recent news article I can find on the trailers:

"Pike County officials moved the trailers Nov. 2 from the now-defunct Hadsell Chemical Processing LLC warehouse, at 9329 state Route 220 in Waverly, to a pole barn built inside the fenced Pike County Sheriff’s impound lot about 3 miles away, said Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. The impound lot is at 265 Progress Dr."

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/t...killed-in-pike-county-moved-for-a-second-time

I think that Jake kept his real hate and vengeance for DR. She was shot twice and one of those shots was under her chin. I think Jake killed Hanna first and made Dana see it before he killed her. He is a psychopath.

BBM
I've read that DR was shot five times. The reports appear to show Dana Rhoden was methodically shot four times around the right side of her head and a fifth time under her chin.

Rhoden family massacre: Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed

LE should have jumped on his changing story about picking up S immediately. That was a massive red flag.

JMO, it was the influence of his family and their wealth in the area that prevented LE from taking a closer look at the Wagners.

I'm guessing Jake's lie caught the attention of some LE, but not enough.

LMs interview coupled with Jake's comments sure seemed to be enough to start looking into the Ws.

It would be very interesting to know when exactly did BCI started to investigate the Ws. Personally, I think, initially, BCI was going in multiple directions. Cartel, road rage, the McDonald's fiasco, derby fight, roosters, drug dealing, etc...JMO

Watching Jake's court appearance on Monday - April 12, 2021 - I noticed that he appears to be wearing a wedding ring. Not that a ring on his hand is proof of anything but maybe he did not get divorced.

Edward “Jake” Wagner’s defense attorneys question evidence in Pike County massacre case

They had to have allowed him to wear that with his street clothing as it would not be permissible to wear in jail (at least not here in Ky.). They take your jewelry (watches, rings, necklaces, etc...) and seal them. An approved person can pick them up for you, or they will hold them for you until you are released. If you go on to another location, you can ask to have your personal items mailed to a family member, or friend. The wedding ring, imo, was part of the show.

All JMO.

Superficial charm — Psychopaths are often likable on the surface. They're usually good conversationalists, and they share stories that make them look good. They may be funny and charismatic as well. Need for stimulation — Psychopaths love excitement.

Could Someone I Know Be a Psychopath?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member