Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I found out the hard way with a family criminal case that LE — when asking for texts, etc. — are only able to get the past 48 hours from the cell service providers. This was shocking to me and others.

However, maybe records of pings are kept, don’t know.

We don’t know if the stepfather or brother would recall a phone number of 4 years ago, or if they even had it— they seem really to hate him.
Yes.. and strange that in my "sleuthing aka snooping" I can only find one phone number.
Most POIs I can dig up multiple old numbers, but only one for him.
Of course, he was in prison for a lot of years, so that might be one reason.
JMO

Off topic just for a second because the car wash keeps being referenced with the trestle in this thread.

I have tried to find info regarding the carwash in media with no luck. I found this on the bicycle locations:

The girls’ bikes were found, along with Elizabeth’s purse containing a cell phone, four hours later on the southeast side of the lake on the bike trail.

The bikes were found in the trail by the gate leading to a rock jetty and water outlet on the lake. The gate wasn’t locked at the time, Abben said.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

Authorities begin draining Meyers Lake in search for two missing girls

That was my recollection also. Thanks for saving me from having to look it up. I couldn't figure out the car wash and bikes being found of Lyric and Elizabeth's. Way too many of these cases, hopefully they get solved. :(

“So, I've had this school boy crush on this girl since the car wash and the train trestle.

.........Please don't make me keep searching for you, when I know exactly where you are”......

wth does the last sentence I quoted mean?
BBM
Pretty creepy imo. This sounds like stalking language to me.

The car wash and the trestle could have significance to their adolescent relationship. Ex. First kiss, where they met, first said I love you etc.

man odd coincidence if so

I feel sorry for that girl he’s referencing :eek:

The car wash and the trestle could have significance to their adolescent relationship. Ex. First kiss, where they met, first said I love you etc.

man odd coincidence if so

I feel sorry for that girl he’s referencing :eek:
I think it's a stalking situation. Or maybe she had gotten away.
His wording is consistently weird.

I think it's a stalking situation. Or maybe she had gotten away.
His wording is consistently weird.

That's exactly it, @kkdj!

J.B.C. posted terrifying images, then he would post quotes about love and how people "need to see behind his darkness to see his light".

He posts nightmarish images followed by messages about light and love. He has a pattern of going back and forth. Compartmentalizing.

It's like he's fighting his demons. Then he's embracing his "demons", getting tattoos of them, drawing them.

That post he had of the water falling down where he asks if everyone can see the angel and the demon in it? I think he saw himself in both images.

Classic cognitive dissonance.

JMO

Last edited:
Interesting article. His violence started when his mother told him his father was not his biological father at age 12 or 13.
Also, "he wants to break bones and knock teeth out." Missing teeth = signature?

Brother also says he never saw the bridge video, but now that he has it's too blurry and short to make positive i.d.

I would consider JC attempting to drown his brother at age 4-5yo as being violent and out of control evil behavior.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I think people would be surprised at the things that other's don't know. If you don't watch the news or read the papers you don't know what's going on. If you are working, some people 2 and 3 jobs you don't have time to care, or are taking care of your kids which I believe Ashley says is why he hadn't heard of Abby and Libby's case in the Daily Mail interview. I'm willing to bet there are lots of people that have no clue thousands of domestic terrorists raided the US Capital, or that you can get a couple of shots to save yourself from dying in a pandemic. People don't pay attention to lots of things until they have to for one reason or another. I've only lived in the town I live in for about 10 years. I couldn't tell you much about it or what goes on here because I don't watch the news or read the papers because I had to move here for work and don't really care anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop trashing Chadwell's family. They are not POIs or suspects, and family members of both victims and perps are considered victims under WS Victim Friendly policy.

Posts have been removed and if it continues, thread bans or Time Outs will be issued.

I did not follow the Iowa case closely so had no idea of a carwash.
The one thing I do remember is the gal who supposedly killed herself and her young son by supposedly "suicide"
She was said to have knowledge of the killer of Lyric and Elizabeth and then she "supposedly kills herself and her young son" ?????
Hmmmmm
just OMG to these references.
Could it be possible ???
I did not think the carwash had anything to do with Libby & Abby but it could have something to do with Lyric and Elizabeth
OMG
I've always thought there was a connection between these two horrific cases. Maybe just a gut feeling or the realization that some serial killers have distinct patterns.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I will gladly eat my words but I don't think JCB is the guy. This killer is cunning and not loud mouth like JCB on fb. The real culprit imo blends in a lot better.

I'm worried about the forensic evidence they do have it isn't enough to create a profile and i've read what is probably rumours that they only have 6 markers of dna meaning they can rule out but not identify. I really hope this case doesn't remained unsolved but I'm not hopeful.

I will gladly eat my words but I don't think JCB is the guy. This killer is cunning and not loud mouth like JCB on fb. The real culprit imo blends in a lot better.

I'm worried about the forensic evidence they do have it isn't enough to create a profile and i've read what is probably rumours that they only have 6 markers of dna meaning they can rule out but not identify. I really hope this case doesn't remained unsolved but I'm not hopeful.

It seems we are in the minority but I do agree that JCB isn't BG. I too will gladly 'eat my words' if he is.

I wonder whose kids these were and how old they were. I wonder if he was more comfortable hanging out with younger people, like teenagers.

Yep ..... or, even more likely, hanging AROUND younger people. Surely teens & kids tried to ignore & inch away from him too. As he skulked around in the brush or on a park bench. But young people sadly often lack the awareness of & trust in their instincts that many adults have developed JMO my own speculation

eta - forgot my JMO
I love this place because I know need it

Last edited:
I wonder how forceful the police were for him to let them in. ....

yeah this part of the story stays on my mind too. He was at least partly undressed & in the act of child-rape..... in his basement ..... the victimization of the child blatant & no attempt made to cover it up EG by telling her to get dressed or pushing her into a closet .... the police ring the doorbell ..... and he goes to answer it ? Whuttt

Yes.. and strange that in my "sleuthing aka snooping" I can only find one phone number.
Most POIs I can dig up multiple old numbers, but only one for him.
Of course, he was in prison for a lot of years, so that might be one reason.
JMO

IMO not even surprised cuz this totally fits with my theory of case - of a piece with inability to ID or locate him.

this is how I see it having played out JMO - MOO - he is homeless bummy dude haunting an area popular with local kids. Recently out of prison. No one knows his name, everyone does their best to ignore his existence. He commits insane criminal atrocity .... packs up whatever trash he may cart around & makes himself scarce.

some people do see him wandering off, but anyone who’s ever even noticed him before is accustomed to the presence of a random unremarkable vagrant & doesn’t necessarily think much of it. When LE asks was anyone spotted nearby, some local kids say well yeah there were a few bums around, or maybe just one bum .... don’t know his name or anything, maybe he was there palling around with the meth-heads? But no, the meth-head bums don’t know his name either - that is, those few who even noticed him.

So all LE has is there may have been an unidentified bum around. ‘Did anyone see a random hitchhiker, person walking by the side of the road, a duffel bag?’ they want to know (paraphrase). Maybe quite a few people did, but no one can say anything about him beyond WMA & ‘think I’ve seen him around before maybe...’

years pass. The bum has no fixed address for any length of time, no phone or utilities, so no way to locate even if they did have a name. He winds up as maybe “POI #1 - bum” in LE notes, but they can’t even ID him let alone investigate. Maybe his name floats up due to mugshot resemblance, but there are SO many WMA in Indiana one could say that about. And unless they head him off at a court appearance (did he even show up for any of those?) no way to track him down anyway. He’s at least crashing at his dad’s house (resulting in forcible eviction in 2020) but maybe never happened to be there if/when LE came knocking.... years pass ....

All MOO - just my speculation, IMO the bizarre, inexplicable puzzle’s missing pieces falling into place when they nabbed this cretin ... JMO

ok the carwash is the last place anyone saw Elizabeth and Lyric alive. it is also where the
bicycles they were riding that day were found.

it's hard bringing up the fact that he mentions the trestle without bringing up the fact that he mentions the carwash as well.

how on earth you put these two things together in a sentence is one good question..the other is why and what could one possibly have to do with the other? NOTHING! thats what..zero relationship between trestles and carwashes...

too much to be a mere coincidence..mOO

Bolded by me....what you wrote there is 100% false. I'm interested in JBC as a potential POI in the Delphi murders just as much as the next person but it is inappropriate to twist the facts in this or other cases to make them fit his social media statements.

Multiple news articles state that the Evansdale victims' bikes were found on a trail at the lake, NOT at a car wash. Just one of many articles that state this, this one confirms the bikes' exact location and also witness statements about them: Evansdale lake search expands

The girls were last "seen" on surveillance camera footage riding past an Evansdale auction house. Missing Iowa Cousins: Surveillance Video of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Discovered

The auction house is possibly, maybe, not too far from a car wash. That's the "connection."

Again, I'd love to find out that he did all these unsolved murders plus a few more, just to give grieving families some peace. But IMO we need to stick to actual facts, not things that if we twist hard we can maaaaaybe fit.

Trestle.. Imo seems like an odd word for bjc to use. Maybe I’m wrong and it is a very commonly used word among bridge aficionados.
I bet if I searched all of my male friends on Facebook to see if they had used the word trestle I would learn that none of my friends has.
I spent most of my life in northern Indiana. This is how we refer to the following:
When you are on the ground, you're "walking along the railroad tracks" until you come to where they go over the water, then they become a "trestle." It is open underneath so you can see the water. If you look straight down, the fast moving water will completely disorient you; so you look 2 or 3 ties ahead when walking.
We have one "viaduct" that that is where the street goes under the railroad tracks. It is like a concrete tunnel and you cannot see the train above.
Bridges are not anything except roads that cross over water. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member