Deceased/Not Found NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

Thanks for all the updates... IMO
- I do hope the DA is wrong and she shows up somewhere alive and well. People do sometime disappear voluntarily to start life anew. They fool LE and their family/friend.
- seems like lots of fake news on SM. It seems more like a long shot vs the facts stated by DA.
- her dad is a rapper called 40cal. I haven't seen that in sms.
- I was reading about niagara falls and suicides. Many bodies are never found! The Canadian side is the most used for suicides because the water flow, etc. are more dangerous. Good that is closed.

Watching and waiting for news on SD
BBM. Yes, but usually not after repeatedly threatening with suicide, up until their disappearance. Also, how did she get off the island without being seen on camera or her scent being detected by dogs?

Aearial searches continued on Saturday: RobShots (photo journalist)

Niagara Falls NY - Search continues - Lower Niagara River
May 8, 2021
Late this morning, New York State Police did an aerial search of the lower Niagara River for missing college student Saniyya Dennis, who authorities presume to be deceased.

There is a little animosity on the part of the family toward the way this was handled.

I agree with them, it was 3 days before an investigation started and 4-5 days more before local media noticed the posting from the college police department.

The family alerted UPD right away.

Old news now, but: This WKBW timeline isn't correct. It wasn't reported until Monday night. Missing alert sent Tuesday lunch time. Public told on social media day two (actually 40hrs in) of investigation on Wednesday at 2:30p.

A 5000+ word response to DA's announcement, called "National press release" and allegedly put together in cooperation with Saniyya's family, was just posted on SM. Purportedly it was sent to all news outlets. We'll see if it gets published.

My observation: The person/organization that wrote it has been spreading misinformation on SM about this case for days, disregarding/contradicting known facts.
LOL- I think you & I might be Twitter friends :) this lady OMG

I have the 73million word "national press conference" manifesto that I can cut & paste into here for the non Facebook people, but you'll thank me for not doing it. You will probably go blind reading it. It was revealed that the author is a disbarred attorney from GA with an extensive history of erractic behavior, stalking, harassment, lying under oath etc. She was melting down over this case for a week before somehow finding her way to this vulnerable family & getting then to agree to signing off on the statement. It's plagued with inaccuracies & the family's message gets swallowed up by it. Bunch of us tried to tweet warnings about this lady in advance, but guess word never got to them in time? Seems the media wouldn't touch publishing it. It was posted on FB by someone running for local government. Other local candidates have quickly distanced themselves from it. I'd go as far as to say that IMO the author might be overwhelmed or perhaps even suffering from stressors of some type as well. It's horribly inaccurate & very intentionally misleading.

They want more answers & an independent review of the case.

Like I just said in ELEVEN words.

If her family feels information was released in an insensitive way, I think there is something to be learned from that.

A few days ago, I watched the entire LE press conference. I had previously seen only snippets on news programs and read the transcript here. Recalling that there had been tensions among family members about how the case was being handled, we don't know what transpired between various family members and Law Enforcement officials. In light of the circumstances regarding the family's unwillingness to accept suicide as a possible reason for Saniyya's disappearance, I think the DA presented a concise, factual, and very direct synopsis of what is believed to have occurred based on a timeline of Saniyya's phone activity and various locations where she is seen on surveillance video. I'm sure LE has additional evidence than what has been presented publicly, but the family isn't entitled to know every detail of the case. If the family had not been apprised of the findings before the presser, I would agree that it might have sounded cold and insensitive, but the family had met with authorities prior to the news conference and were aware of what would be shared. They weren't going to be satisfied with what would be reported about the investigation and LE's conclusion that Saniyya had taken her own life. When or if Saniyya's remains are recovered, her family might never accept suicide as an explanation of her demise.

A few days ago, I watched the entire LE press conference. I had previously seen only snippets on news programs and read the transcript here. Recalling that there had been tensions among family members about how the case was being handled, we don't know what transpired between various family members and Law Enforcement officials. In light of the circumstances regarding the family's unwillingness to accept suicide as a possible reason for Saniyya's disappearance, I think the DA presented a concise, factual, and very direct synopsis of what is believed to have occurred based on a timeline of Saniyya's phone activity and various locations where she is seen on surveillance video. I'm sure LE has additional evidence than what has been presented publicly, but the family isn't entitled to know every detail of the case. If the family had not been apprised of the findings before the presser, I would agree that it might have sounded cold and insensitive, but the family had met with authorities prior to the news conference and were aware of what would be shared. They weren't going to be satisfied with what would be reported about the investigation and LE's conclusion that Saniyya had taken her own life. When or if Saniyya's remains are recovered, her family might never accept suicide as an explanation of her demise.

I agree. I also think LE & the DA felt they needed to give public facts about this case to prevent those with good intentions to continue to search for this poor girl and putting themselves in danger. The family has been vocal, which is fine. Accepting suicide of a loved one, would be extremely tough and some families never believe it. This was a fine line LE and the DA were walking, but I believe it all needed to be said. IMO

I don't think college has been that way for a very long time, at least not public Universities. I remember our dorms being locked, but you were free to come and go anytime with your keys. As it should be, as you're an adult, IMO.

Yes, agreed. Nighttime was in fact my favorite time to move around my former campus in the 90s... if anything, I think some schools might have expanded to having security officers at the front of their dormitories, with the purpose being to have these officers checking IDs and making certain that only students enter the dorms; but those are the most stringent rules I can imagine having. (At the time, my school had boxes with numbered keypads on most of the buildings, and certainly all of the dorms, where the code was changed monthly to allow for access for anyone with the code; so that is how they got by without having 24/7 security).

In many campuses the library is open 24/7; as well as the music, art, etc. studios, computer centers, and fitness centers, as long as they are appropriately staffed (for example, if there were no lifeguards, I doubt a university would have something like their swimming pool open, for liability reasons), so their students can do their work 24/7 and set their own schedules.

One more news outlet reacted to the infamous "press release" today:

‘Shock, disbelief and betrayal’: Family of Saniyya Dennis refutes DAs suicide allegations

The family of 19-year-old Buffalo State College student and Bronx native Saniyya Dennis says she’s alive and are refuting that she committed suicide as stated by a district attorney.

Again, many of the arguments made in the press release have been debunked earlier here and elsewhere, yet the author (so-called spokesperson for the family) ignored/blocked any criticism backed up with facts and sent it to the media anyway. IMO the family has been misled by opportunists with less than honorable intentions.

Example of claims, published in the article that were taken from the press release:

As far as allegations that she was texting her boyfriend, Dennis’ family said she didn’t have one. She was seeing someone she met in late 2020 who attends Pace University, which is six hours from Buffalo State College. The family said the two were not serious enough for Dennis to commit suicide and that it would be out of her character.

So they are even disputing that there was a break-up. I guess the texts and the FBI interview with the boyfriend aren't proof enough or her 70 attempts to reach him. She also told multiple other people about the break-up.

The attorney representing the family was disbarred in 2019 for unethical behavior.

Last edited:
One more news outlet reacted to the infamous "press release" today:

The entire fiasco was AWFUL, but I think in general it all worked out? Maybe made the public more sympathetic?

Crazy lady showed the general public just how devastated, alone & DESPERATE Saniyya's family was to be SEEN &heard.
Heard they are hiring an attorney now.
Her sister has a WARRIOR spirit... !
BIG MOOD!!!
We should all be so lucky ❤️

‘Shock, disbelief and betrayal’: Family of Saniyya Dennis refutes DAs suicide allegations

The family of 19-year-old Buffalo State College student and Bronx native Saniyya Dennis says she’s alive and are refuting that she committed suicide as stated by a district attorney.

Again, many of the arguments made in the press release have been debunked earlier here and elsewhere, yet the author (so-called spokesperson for the family) ignored/blocked any criticism backed up with facts and sent it to the media anyway. IMO the family has been misled by opportunists with less than honorable intentions.

Example of claims, published in the article that were taken from the press release:

As far as allegations that she was texting her boyfriend, Dennis’ family said she didn’t have one. She was seeing someone she met in late 2020 who attends Pace University, which is six hours from Buffalo State College. The family said the two were not serious enough for Dennis to commit suicide and that it would be out of her character.

So they are even disputing that there was a break-up. I guess the texts and the FBI interview with the boyfriend aren't proof enough or her 70 attempts to reach him. She also told multiple other people about the break-up.

The attorney representing the family was disbarred in 2019 for unethical behavior.

The entire fiasco was AWFUL, but I think in general it all worked out? Maybe made the public more sympathetic?

Crazy lady showed the general public just how devastated, alone & DESPERATE Saniyya's family was to be SEEN &heard.
Heard they are hiring an attorney now.
Her sister has a WARRIOR spirit... !
BIG MOOD!!!
We should all be so lucky ❤️
I don't think it worked out for the best. The press release is trying to convince the public that the police mishandled the investigation and that there was a cover-up, which could not be further from the truth. From the beginning the police were falsely accused of waiting too long before the investigation started. Then the family opined that the USB PD weren't competent to handle the case of this nature. The author of the release is still running an ongoing campaign, lumping Saniyya's case together with other cases, claiming police indifference, bias and incompetence. The goal is to trash the official version because it's considered shameful, turn the public opinion against police and make Saniyya's name part of the fight against racial injustice. Since the facts of the case are ignored/denied in the process, it's a dishonest move on the author's part.

Saniyya's family will believe what they want to believe and what makes them cope better with their loss. If they are in denial, then even more detailed information from LE wouldn't be convincing enough. I hope they surround themselves with people who won't exploit them and lie to them, but who genuinely want to help them find the truth.

(All JMO)

Last edited:
@indicolite22 Thank you for posting the article.

The below. Of course the DA didn't announce to the public random names the family gave LE. How awful would that be for those people? That's not how any of this works. I'm not even going to bother on their confusion with dogs. IMO

The family representative also claims that local police up North received four different names of men who could be responsible for Dennis' disappearance, but they claim the DA never released those names to the press.

NY - NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 April 2021

A third article from the same campaign by the so-called family representative, posted on May 13 (includes video):

Family of missing Bronx teen says they don't believe DA's report of suicide

The family of a Buffalo State College student and Bronx native is refuting the Erie County District Attorney's belief the 19-year-old died by suicide.
Through a representative, the family says there are discrepancies in the investigation.
**BBM because I feel like a lot of this is coming more from the ‘representative’ than family. JMO, JMO!!

To Note:
•claim they are being denied access to video and other evidence and they want proof Saniyya Dennis actually left her school.
(I was under the impression they were shown the video, but questioned if the person in it was Saniyya. The pic of her in the elevator was shown for sure.)
•claim "If in fact that dog smelled decomposition of her body, then he smelled a dead person. Not necessarily Saniyya because they're not trained to scent death that belongs to a specific individual, rather they're trained to scent and smell death,"
(I do not have a professional knowledge on search dogs, cadaver dogs, etc, but I’m pretty sure the statement above is flawed. They used clothes from her dorm to help the dogs pick up her scent.)
•shutting down claims Dennis wanted to take her own life after her boyfriend broke up with her over a text message.
(This may be true. No one knows 100% why she did it but her. LE has text messages, information gathered from interviews, evidence, topped with training to support their conclusion. And rightfully so, the family is heartbroken and losing a precious soul is beyond tragic.)
•alleges that the DA never met with them to tell them about the suicide findings.
(DA reported during the press conference that they set down with the family the day before. If the DA didn’t tell the family about the suicide findings then how did the DA know that her father didn’t want him to use the term “suicide” but instead “took her own life”?)
•claims that local police up North received four different names of men who could be responsible for Dennis' disappearance, but they claim the DA never released those names to the press.
(Most likely because either these people did not “pan out” as POI or DA was merely protecting their privacy much like the ex boyfriend and guy friend.)

The family of a Buffalo State College student and Bronx native is refuting the Erie County District Attorney's belief the 19-year-old died by suicide.
Through a representative, the family says there are discrepancies in the investigation.
**BBM because I feel like a lot of this is coming more from the ‘representative’ than family. JMO, JMO!!

To Note:
•claim they are being denied access to video and other evidence and they want proof Saniyya Dennis actually left her school.
(I was under the impression they were shown the video, but questioned if the person in it was Saniyya. The pic of her in the elevator was shown for sure.)
•claim "If in fact that dog smelled decomposition of her body, then he smelled a dead person. Not necessarily Saniyya because they're not trained to scent death that belongs to a specific individual, rather they're trained to scent and smell death,"
(I do not have a professional knowledge on search dogs, cadaver dogs, etc, but I’m pretty sure the statement above is flawed. They used clothes from her dorm to help the dogs pick up her scent.)
•shutting down claims Dennis wanted to take her own life after her boyfriend broke up with her over a text message.
(This may be true. No one knows 100% why she did it but her. LE has text messages, information gathered from interviews, evidence, topped with training to support their conclusion. And rightfully so, the family is heartbroken and losing a precious soul is beyond tragic.)
•alleges that the DA never met with them to tell them about the suicide findings.
(DA reported during the press conference that they set down with the family the day before. If the DA didn’t tell the family about the suicide findings then how did the DA know that her father didn’t want him to use the term “suicide” but instead “took her own life”?)
•claims that local police up North received four different names of men who could be responsible for Dennis' disappearance, but they claim the DA never released those names to the press.
(Most likely because either these people did not “pan out” as POI or DA was merely protecting their privacy much like the ex boyfriend and guy friend.)
I can't even give this lunatic my energy anymore. I also feel cringe mocking her because she's 60+- 70yrs old so it feels like age discrimination to me. All we can do is continue to advocate for Saniyya's family to get more answers, find peace & commit to continuing to look for this sweet baby angel's bodily vessel when we are in the area....

I can't even give this lunatic my energy anymore. I also feel cringe mocking her because she's 60+- 70yrs old so it feels like age discrimination to me. All we can do is continue to advocate for Saniyya's family to get more answers, find peace & commit to continuing to look for this sweet baby angel's bodily vessel when we are in the area....
IMO the deceptive behavior has nothing to do with age. It's very surprising to me that she is apparently also an author and has won awards for outstanding community service in the past.

They're fighting the truth, tooth and nail, and it's really heartbreaking. I pity her family as I believe its going to take so long to heal from this, they're healing won't start until they're able to accept. I imagine that it's way easier (and for some more than others) to blame police or the system, vs. blame their daughter that they have lost. sending a hug to her family in this tragic mess. moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back