TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely would have access to everything by now.
I believe they found nothing suspicious.

Where did you see where they absolutely have access to everything by now? Last I remember was a convo between Puzzles and Seattle1 less than 2 weeks ago. Puzzles said it takes 18 months and Seattle1 confirmed that. Puzzles was stating what Kent said in the Lordanarts video. That was the video you said you watched twice.

Their convo below:

Puzzles - TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Seattle1 - TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Where did you see where they absolutely have access to everything by now? Last I remember was a convo between Puzzles and Seattle1 less than 2 weeks ago. Puzzles said it takes 18 months and Seattle1 confirmed that. Puzzles was stating what Kent said in the Lordanarts video. That was the video you said you watched twice.

Their convo below:

Puzzles - TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Seattle1 - TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5
Because this is a high profile investigation and Kent's statement was worst possible scenario IMO.
I watched it more than twice, actually.

"Jason's dad still firmly believes someone else was involved in his son's disappearance. :("

I believe that too. I'm thinking dating app. I've met some real weirdos on dating apps. A couple of them wanted to meet in a rural area like that. Creeps.
When did Kent allegedly say this and do you have a link please?

Their convo below:

Yes, in the interview with Jason’s father I believe he stated it would take around 18 months to get access to those records and at least one article I recall stated it taking months due to “blanket subpoenas” and waiting on “social media giants to respond with the data.”

Last edited:
Where is Texas State student Jason Landry? | khou.com

The search for Jason Landry has taken many twists and turns, but so far no one knows for sure exactly what happened. In a new podcast released this week, we walk you through the timeline of the 21-year-old's disappearance. It also features KHOU11 Reporter Grace White's reporting on the case.

In the episode, you can hear an extended interview with Landry's father and an update on the search. Just look for True Crime Chronicles wherever you get your podcasts.

Within the first five minutes, KL states that Jason was home for Thanksgiving and left home with hopes of being accepted into a special program that first required Jason to be admitted into the Music Dept. That test would be in a couple of weeks which means two weeks after returning from the Thanksgiving Holiday. And, before the car crashed.

Surely, Mr Landry knows by now whether or not his son passed the test required for important admission.

Because this is a high profile investigation and Kent's statement was worst possible scenario IMO.
I watched it more than twice, actually.

You could be correct. 'Seems testing and info can be rushed in some cases, but I'm never quite sure what constitutes "a high profile" case. I mean, some are obvious... bombings, mass shootings, etc. but regarding a missing adult case... I don't know.

You could be correct. 'Seems testing and info can be rushed in some cases, but I'm never quite sure what constitutes "a high profile" case. I mean, some are obvious... bombings, mass shootings, etc. but regarding a missing adult case... I don't know.
You see the warrant goes to Google for all of it.
For the Snapchat they need specific terms though.
Phrases etc.. If you google it, there is a maze of info..

I agree about bombing, mass shootings, etc. being high profile cases but I doubt Jason's case is. MOO.

Within the first five minutes, KL states that Jason was home for Thanksgiving and left home with hopes of being accepted into a special program that first required Jason to be admitted into the Music Dept. That test would be in a couple of weeks which means two weeks after returning from the Thanksgiving Holiday. And, before the car crashed.

Surely, Mr Landry knows by now whether or not his son passed the test required for important admission.
Link is Geo-blocked here so I cannot access it.
Is there a summary anywhere, please?

Possibly it could also be related to the size of the police department, LE agency, contacts, social networks, pressure, follow-up efforts, etc. MOO

Oh... the warrant goes to Google for all the apps and info on his phone? I had no idea.
Law Enforcement - Snap Inc.
Emergency Disclosure Requests
Consistent with 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4), we are able to voluntarily disclose Snapchat account records when we believe in good faith that an emergency posing a threat of imminent death or serious bodily injury requires the immediate disclosure of such records.

Information for law enforcement regarding how to submit Emergency Disclosure Requests to Snap can be found in our Law Enforcement Guide. Emergency Disclosure Requests to Snap must be submitted by a sworn law enforcement official and must come from an official law enforcement (or governmental) email domain.

Law Enforcement - Snap Inc.
Emergency Disclosure Requests
Consistent with 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4), we are able to voluntarily disclose Snapchat account records when we believe in good faith that an emergency posing a threat of imminent death or serious bodily injury requires the immediate disclosure of such records.

Information for law enforcement regarding how to submit Emergency Disclosure Requests to Snap can be found in our Law Enforcement Guide. Emergency Disclosure Requests to Snap must be submitted by a sworn law enforcement official and must come from an official law enforcement (or governmental) email domain.

I guess Waze and all the other social media and tech apps are the same with regard to emergency disclosure, too?? Interesting.

ETA: I wonder how long some apps keep info/messages?

Dead Horse: XX
Me: Beats it anyway

I’m not saying the accident couldn’t have been staged, although that’s not my personal theory. But what doesn’t make sense, why stage the accident that way? Drive it into water - easy, rig it to drive head on into a tree or post - not as easy but doable. Somehow drift the car in the exact such a way as to slide off the road, into a fence backwards and sideways, with minimal damage to the vehicle? Never going to buy that part. Just MO of course.

I guess Waze and all the other social media and tech apps are the same with regard to emergency disclosure, too?? Interesting.

ETA: I wonder how long some apps keep info/messages?
Snapchat the fastest to delete but they must be served with an almost immediate request to preserve it..or it's gone.

A preservation is a snapshot in time of a user’s data, including basic subscriber information, metadata (usage logs) and content (Chats, Snaps, Stories, and Memories). As referenced earlier, Snap retains different types of user data for different periods of time. It is likely that law enforcement would want Snap to make a preservation as soon as possible after an alleged incident for which it seeks evidence. We honor formal requests from law enforcement to preserve information in accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 2703(f). Upon receiving a signed and dated preservation request on law enforcement department letterhead, we will attempt to preserve available Snapchat account records associated with any properly identified Snapchat user(s) (see Section IV “Identifying a Snapchat Account” above) in an offline file for up to 90 days, and will extend the preservation for one additional 90-day period with a formal extension request. If you require an extension, submit a formal signed and dated preservation extension
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

It's down to how quickly they got the preservation request in... maybe not quickly enough because his phone went home before LE examined it..
Could be a thing that they left it too late and they are simply unattainable.

Could also be a thing that the last Snapchat was a thing of no consequence.. maybe a notification about a subscription or something like that? Something anonymous, a mass posting.
This because nobody ever came forward.

Dead Horse: XX
Me: Beats it anyway

I’m not saying the accident couldn’t have been staged, although that’s not my personal theory. But what doesn’t make sense, why stage the accident that way? Drive it into water - easy, rig it to drive head on into a tree or post - not as easy but doable. Somehow drift the car in the exact such a way as to slide off the road, into a fence backwards and sideways, with minimal damage to the vehicle? Never going to buy that part. Just MO of course.

I’m with ya @Limecat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member