GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

Apologies if this has been queried before: if the neighbour SS said Julia left around 3pm why do the police think 2pm? What are they basing that on?

They have not said. Could be other witnesses ,perhaps the neighbour admitted he made a mistake,could be something they found from Julia's phone ....Wonder if the reconstruction was partly to correct the original time confusion.

Lidar of Ackholt Wood. Interesting to note a possible informal trackway through the wood.

Interesting.

When I looked at an aerial view of the area I could see more easily a lot of potential escape routes back to the suspect's home on Sunset Corner Avenue which would involve minimal use of streets/populated areas (some in yellow in the attached picture). I guess even without paths, woods can offer an unobserved escape route through the trees if you know them well enough, so the routes through wooded areas are not paths that I know of.

Crossing the big field looks the most exposed part. Pond Lane is possible but riskier.

ETA: it's not clear on my picture, but the part from the top of the triangular woods to the edge of the housing estate where Sunset Corner is is possible via a path parallel to the road, behind some trees.

snowdown_aerial_3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.

When I looked at an aerial view of the area I could see more easily a lot of potential escape routes back to the suspect's home on Sunset Corner Avenue which would involve minimal use of streets/populated areas (in yellow in the attached picture). I guess even without paths, woods can offer an unobserved escape route through the trees if you know them well enough, so the routes through wooded areas are not paths that I know of.

Crossing the big field looks the most exposed part. Pond Lane is possible but riskier.

View attachment 296945

It is quite possible then for him to be back home before anyone found Julia's body and the police were on the scene.

I had originally thought he might have camped out in the woods and the picture taken of him was him returning home early the next morning.

I do wish we knew whether anyone else was in the house when he returned to the house. I imagine some blood could have been on his clothes.

It is quite possible then for him to be back home before anyone found Julia's body and the police were on the scene.

I had originally thought he might have camped out in the woods and the picture taken of him was him returning home early the next morning.

I still think both are possible but am now thinking the former more likely.

I do wish we knew whether anyone else was in the house when he returned to the house. I imagine some blood could have been on his clothes.

I was thinking door cams on his route through the estate might be the best bet, but it looks like there might even be an off road path leading right to the top end of Sunset Corner Ave (can't be sure as it's not on street view yet), so that might limit it to ones on his street.

No one in the household (assuming he lived with his family) has been taken in for questioning so we can infer it is not believed at this stage that they were aware. Presumably not even suspicious of his behaviour.

Was he so untroubled by his actions, or was he normally agitated etc so it didn't stand out. (Or the think we don't want to think- he didn't do it). Not expecting any answers, just sharing thoughts.

The whole Strava stalking scenario is very interesting and definately something to look at. He may also have come back to the scene of the crime as this is not uncommon. Take for example the babes in the wood killer Russell Bishop who was even joining the search for two schoolgirls just hours after he brutally murdered them.
Yes, so at least 2 Strava runs show JJ taking that particular path through the woods rather than the perimeter of the field

View attachment 296893

But it looks like Strava was only used occasionally and for runs or cycle rides, I don't think the daily dog walks tracked so doubt it was used on the day.

I've looked at photos of the forensic tent and counted trees to pinpoint location and looks quite a distance from the path itself.

View attachment 296894

View attachment 296895
ol

Toby seemed quite happy being walked by someone else, which begs the question would he have run off, got defensive that his mummy is getting attacked as some dogs would, or was he taken off by someone else while the crime is being committed.

I'm still of the opinion its related to stealing the dog and there is more than one person involved. Why would he stick his tongue out to the press if not to signal to his mates or some such?

The whole Strava stalking scenario is very interesting and definately something to look at. He may also have come back to the scene of the crime as this is not uncommon. Take for example the babes in the wood killer Russell Bishop who was even joining the search for two schoolgirls just hours after he brutally murdered them.

ol
I remember when mark shilliber killed Rebecca stores and left her in a river ,when the police were removing the body there was a crowd of people watching from the other side of river and shilliber was at the front watching.

Toby seemed quite happy being walked by someone else, which begs the question would he have run off, got defensive that his mummy is getting attacked as some dogs would, or was he taken off by someone else while the crime is being committed.

I'm still of the opinion its related to stealing the dog and there is more than one person involved. Why would he stick his tongue out to the press if not to signal to his mates or some such?

I don't think its related to stealing Toby now - if they have charged the right man then nothing seems to signal that there was anyone else involved or that it was a dog napping gone wrong - if someone else had taken toby whilst the crime was being committed with the intention of taking him then why is Toby still alive? I also think there could be a whole number of things that could explain him sticking out his tongue outside court. JMO

ol
Strava confirms that Julia didn't turn left out of her drive to walk/run along the road but turned right to follow paths through a wood and field. Also, this proves that her neighbour was telling the truth when he saw her passing his house that day

Strava confirms that Julia didn't turn left out of her drive to walk/run along the road but turned right to follow paths through a wood and field. Also, this proves that her neighbour was telling the truth when he saw her passing his house that day

No I don't think that's correct, I'm guessing you are looking at a strava route for one of her runs, not a dog walk. The reconstruction clearly did not go that way, but via the back of the house. There's quite a bit up thread on this from around post #90 on. Also post #125 for a bit more on strava (from @tallmansix )

ETA: but regards the neighbour, as I said before, he could still have seen her if she used the front door to go to the back garden.

Last edited:
The Crown Court at Maidstone

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 13 May 2021
FINAL 1

Court 7 - sitting at 10:00 am

HIS HONOUR JUDGE STATMAN

For Hearing

T20217145 WHEELER Callum

46ZY0371321 NKENM Crown Prosecution Service

Def & Pros Csl to attend Court,

Deft by CVP with HMP Belmarsh Rm 5 (Precon @ 9:30 Ct 5)

I don't think its related to stealing Toby now - if they have charged the right man then nothing seems to signal that there was anyone else involved or that it was a dog napping gone wrong - if someone else had taken toby whilst the crime was being committed with the intention of taking him then why is Toby still alive? I also think there could be a whole number of things that could explain him sticking out his tongue outside court. JMO

It's interesting generally that Toby was not hurt.

And the drains again. The weapon must still be missing imho.

Edit l forgot there is a train line between Snowdown and Aylesham..l wonder if he used the train.

I imagine if he did they would have cctv from the stations and train.
The track they are searching is near the bridge and the woods seem to be next to the track. I think they are checking nothing was thrown from the bridge.

What if he spent the next 11 days watching the news updates,surfing the web,googling the murder and reading on here!?!

bloody terrifying thought! Wonder if he joined us, joined around the time of murder and no activity since time of arrest! Ugh!
I hope the detectives have definately pulled the right strings in arresting someone so quickly. We have to rely on the help from our friends in blue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back