Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but there is no known fact to substantiate speculation about catfishing. Please move on from that discussion.

Also, a few reminders from TOS:

It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

Before you post something make sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons are not allowed.

bbm
Reading "where they parked their truck" reminded me that some over the road (OTR) truckers travel with a partner or spouse. I recall following some YouTube channels that document husband/wife teams that are professional, independent truckers. Just throwing that out there. . . I really don't have a strong/personal opinion about the possible involvement of a driving professional in this crime. IMO
The trucker idea was around at the start, iirc. However, I've set the idea aside because there has been no indication of a long-haul truck or cab in the area.

I think BG was probably on foot or possibly on bike.

I wish we knew JBC's work schedule that day because he either has an alibi with a job or doesn't have one at all, imo

jmo

In this pic, if you put a hooded jacket on him and had him walk the tracks, he might look like the footage:

search

won’t post— how do you post images here? :mad:

The investigative team for the Delphi murders has been such a stellar team of various law enforcement agencies.

There has never been a leak from them and when they speak they choose their words carefully about what they can share.

Their integrity and unwavering commitment to solving this case for Abby and Libby brings me such hope that they will indeed solve this.

JMO

It's now 7 days away from one month marking the date of J.B.C.'s arrest.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that the F.B.I., I.S.P. as well as other law enforcement agencies have worked tirelessly to investigate J.B.C. as a viable suspect for the Delphi murders.

With the vast information from tips and witnesses, evidence they've recovered along with data and the tools that the F.B.I. have, I trust that they are building a case.

These are my own opinions.

Along with so many others, I continue to have great hope that "today is the day" is in the near future.

Justice for Abby and Libby

It's now 7 days away from one month marking the date of J.B.C.'s arrest.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that the F.B.I., I.S.P. as well as other law enforcement agencies have worked tirelessly to investigate J.B.C. as a viable suspect for the Delphi murders.

With the vast information from tips and witnesses, evidence they've recovered along with data and the tools that the F.B.I. have, I trust that they are building a case.

These are my own opinions.

Along with so many others, I continue to have great hope that "today is the day" is in the near future.

Justice for Abby and Libby
Do you think it’s possible that they may be directly questioning/interrogating Chadwell about the Delphi crimes?

I watched the "People Magazine Investigates" episode about Abby & Libby last night, it was really sad seeing how badly this has affected the family and everyone in the area that knew the girls and their families.
Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now.

I watched the "People Magazine Investigates" episode about Abby & Libby last night, it was really sad seeing how badly this has affected the family and everyone in the area that knew the girls and their families.
Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now.
I’m guessing they don’t use rapid DNA testing in IN? Like LE did in ES case in UT? Otherwise they’d have charged him- or cleared him- regarding Abby & Libby by now? LE is allowed to use DNA collected from his current rape case to compare to this one. Just thinking out loud…
https://www.wcpo.com/news/state/sta...or-felony-arrest-dna-collection-taking-effect

IMO...they have him in custody...no need to rush things at this point. They can question him and use their array of techniques available to them...making a bond with him, guilt shaming, good cop bad cop, pressure, talking to him about evidence they don’t have...all over time, because he’s not going any where soon. They are not going to give anything away to the public as long as they have him locked up. He’s not a danger right now to anyone and they can work him over up and down. You can better they have the best of the best agents figuring out what makes him tick. I am so confident that THIS is BG. He just got lucky at Delphi because he was so transient at the time....but not so lucky last month with the 9 year old, because his urges overruled his reason. He’s a psychopath and not a very bright one. Let’s hope the the DAY is coming soon.

I’m guessing they don’t use rapid DNA testing in IN? Like LE did in ES case in UT? Otherwise they’d have charged him- or cleared him- regarding Abby & Libby by now? LE is allowed to use DNA collected from his current rape case to compare to this one. Just thinking out loud…
https://www.wcpo.com/news/state/sta...or-felony-arrest-dna-collection-taking-effect
The problem is, they never said they had the killer’s DNA, and due to that it’s very likely they don’t.

You can have DNA but you have to link it directly to the crime. We also have addressed that the quality of that DNA may result in not being able to connect to anyone.

This arrest is so highly publicized now I have to believe that the witnesses have seen his arrest photo and have some idea if he has any resemblance to the man they helped LE create the sketches. In fact, CCSO and/or the ISP have probably asked them at some point.

Not sure whether IN has the rapid DNA machines or not but if they do, I'm not sure they would use this technology for a case of Delphi's importance.

For those who don't know, the rapid machines are not considered to be as accurate as standard DNA analysis (they were developed for use in weapons crimes and other "low level" crimes). A lot of times the people doing the analysis with the rapid machines have just a few hours of hands on training. And some states (including Texas and Utah) believe that their use has compromised criminal cases and will not be using them for sexual assault cases going forward: APNewsBreak: Texas says DNA technology jeopardizes cases – WANE 15

This arrest is so highly publicized now I have to believe that the witnesses have seen his arrest photo and have some idea if he has any resemblance to the man they helped LE create the sketches. In fact, CCSO and/or the ISP have probably asked them at some point.
I would hope so, yes.

Not sure whether IN has the rapid DNA machines or not but if they do, I'm not sure they would use this technology for a case of Delphi's importance.

For those who don't know, the rapid machines are not considered to be as accurate as standard DNA analysis (they were developed for use in weapons crimes and other "low level" crimes). A lot of times the people doing the analysis with the rapid machines have just a few hours of hands on training. And some states (including Texas and Utah) believe that their use has compromised criminal cases and will not be using them for sexual assault cases going forward: APNewsBreak: Texas says DNA technology jeopardizes cases – WANE 15
But all of it is a moot point because it’s always seemed they don’t have the Delphi killer’s dna:
  • They never would assert that they did, but would hem and haw, which is not promising.
  • They never used DNA to rule out the several prior POIs.
  • When John Mark Karr falsely confessed to JonBenet Ramsey’s murder, they even extradited him from Thailand— but within days he was ruled out via DNA — not happening here.

Last edited:
The problem is, they never said they had the killer’s DNA, and due to that it’s very likely they don’t.

Good morning @SMK777,

I still believe that any DNA found at the crime scene will help pull this case together even if no nuclear DNA (matching only one individual) was discovered there.

They may have found mtDNA or Y-chromosome DNA. The results from testing the DNA from the crime scene using samples containing these will narrow down the search to maternal or paternal lineage.

If the testing results don't exclude J.B.C. - then this could be included in the evidence.

They have said that they "have DNA from the crime scene which they sent to be tested".

It's my own opinion that DNA will play a role in the evidence.

Links and information from the F.B.I. website:

Mitochondrial DNA
"Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is a form of DNA that is transmitted from mother to child in a complete set; therefore, anyone in the maternal lineage will have the same mtDNA profile. This type of DNA testing can be useful on evidence items such as naturally shed hairs, hair fragments, bones, and teeth. MtDNA analysis is highly sensitive and may allow scientists to obtain information from items of evidence associated with cold cases, missing persons, samples from mass disasters, and small pieces of evidence containing little biological material. However, since multiple individuals can have the same mtDNA profile, unique identifications are not possible from mtDNA analysis."

DNA Casework | Federal Bureau of Investigation

"Y-chromosome DNA testing is a form of nuclear DNA testing that is specific to the male chromosome, also known as the Y-chromosome. This type of testing can be useful for sexual assaults, missing persons, and intelligence cases. The Y-chromosome is transmitted from father to son as a complete set; therefore, anyone in the paternal lineage will have the same Y-chromosome profile. Due to multiple relatives having the same Y-chromosome profile, unique identifications are not possible from Y-chromosome analysis."

Good morning @SMK777,

I still believe that any DNA found at the crime scene will help pull this case together even if no nuclear DNA (matching only one individual) was discovered there.

They may have found mtDNA or Y-chromosome DNA. The results from testing the DNA from the crime scene using samples containing these will narrow down the search to maternal or paternal lineage.

If the testing results don't exclude J.B.C. - then this could be included in the evidence.

They have said that they "have DNA from the crime scene which they sent to be tested".

It's my own opinion that DNA will play a role in the evidence.

Links and information from the F.B.I. website:

Mitochondrial DNA
"Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is a form of DNA that is transmitted from mother to child in a complete set; therefore, anyone in the maternal lineage will have the same mtDNA profile. This type of DNA testing can be useful on evidence items such as naturally shed hairs, hair fragments, bones, and teeth. MtDNA analysis is highly sensitive and may allow scientists to obtain information from items of evidence associated with cold cases, missing persons, samples from mass disasters, and small pieces of evidence containing little biological material. However, since multiple individuals can have the same mtDNA profile, unique identifications are not possible from mtDNA analysis."

DNA Casework | Federal Bureau of Investigation

"Y-chromosome DNA testing is a form of nuclear DNA testing that is specific to the male chromosome, also known as the Y-chromosome. This type of testing can be useful for sexual assaults, missing persons, and intelligence cases. The Y-chromosome is transmitted from father to son as a complete set; therefore, anyone in the paternal lineage will have the same Y-chromosome profile. Due to multiple relatives having the same Y-chromosome profile, unique identifications are not possible from Y-chromosome analysis."
Thanks for that. It offers some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member