Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Doghairrules has advised that tomorrow evening Sarah Turney will be hosting a live interview with Kelsi German. Kelsi will be addressing Chadwell and his possible connection to the Delphi case. (Sarah is the sister of Alissa Turney whose father has been arrested for Alissa’s murder)

Doghair has approval to post the link as it contains the interview with Kelsi.

Just to be clear, though, as I’m sure I’ve missed a lot and am really not sure:
Do LE say they believe the BG footage on the tracks and the killer are one and the same?

I believe so....from the 2019 press conference:

We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby’s phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge.

Source of the transcript info: DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

The word "suspect" in this instance tells you that the person on the bridge is the person they believe is responsible for the murders. The word "suspect" is stronger than "person of interest," stronger than "might be involved," it means this is the person they believe to be the perpetrator. MOO.

I believe so....from the 2019 press conference:

We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby’s phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge.

Source of the transcript info: DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

The word "suspect" in this instance tells you that the person on the bridge is the person they believe is responsible for the murders. The word "suspect" is stronger than "person of interest," stronger than "might be involved," it means this is the person they believe to be the perpetrator. MOO.
Thanks very much.

@somequestions
This seems like a silly thing to mention, but I’ve found it discouraging, in terms of optimism about Chadwell being the solution to the mystery of BG:
I had an image of the BG train tracks footage, and put it side by side with an image of Chadwell standing on a mountain in jeans and shirt. I asked a couple of family members (who know nothing about the Delphi case, never heard of it) if their gut instinct felt they could be the same man.

They both said, not a chance, BG looks 65 and Chadwell looks 35. I of course had hoped they’d say, yes, could be. I asked them how they could tell the BG image was 60+, and they said there’s just “an aura of oldness that leaps out immediately.” Not definitive but sort of dampened my confidence that Delphi could be close to resolution. :(

Also, IMO, his instability while walking could make him seem older, when it could be caused by the rickety beams of the train trestle and/or alcohol use.

IMO...they have him in custody...no need to rush things at this point. They can question him and use their array of techniques available to them...making a bond with him, guilt shaming, good cop bad cop, pressure, talking to him about evidence they don’t have...all over time, because he’s not going any where soon. They are not going to give anything away to the public as long as they have him locked up. He’s not a danger right now to anyone and they can work him over up and down. You can better they have the best of the best agents figuring out what makes him tick. I am so confident that THIS is BG. He just got lucky at Delphi because he was so transient at the time....but not so lucky last month with the 9 year old, because his urges overruled his reason. He’s a psychopath and not a very bright one. Let’s hope the the DAY is coming soon.

JC would not be talking with any LEOs if I'm his attorney, especially any officials from the Delphi murders. Investigators will use every resource available to them that LPD recovered, peruse his SM accts just as we have, possibly seek search warrants and interview any friends or family members who are willing to talk. But, I don't see his attorney allowing JC into an interrogation room with First Sgt Jerry Holman, Lead Investigator.

Some primers on the case:

2016 video showing abandoned right-of-way by the Wabash River, all the way to the Monon High Bridge:

2.16.17 WTHR reporter interviews RL on his property, CS can be seen in the distance. Note that nowhere in this video is the MHB visible:

Last edited:
The problem is, they never said they had the killer’s DNA, and due to that it’s very likely they don’t.
Yes- I was responding to @Barbieshell, “Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now”. If all LE is missing is a name, they must believe they have the killer’s DNA. Moo

Makes me wonder.

How do they prove someone was there that day?
Witnesses, cell pings, fitness trackers, bio evidence/dna, transfer of specific leaves/soil/pet hair/human hair, fibers, employer records & other circumstantial facts, all added up. Lots of things might prove he was there that day. imo

ADMIN NOTE:

Doghairrules has advised that tomorrow evening Sarah Turney will be hosting a live interview with Kelsi German. Kelsi will be addressing Chadwell and his possible connection to the Delphi case. (Sarah is the sister of Alissa Turney whose father has been arrested for Alissa’s murder)

Doghair has approval to post the link as it contains the interview with Kelsi.
Thanks, SillyBilly.

Here is the link to Sarah's TikTok. You will see that her most recent video tells about what's coming up. Tomorrow evening at 8 pm ET she will have Kelsi German (Libby's sister) on a live video to talk about JBC and a possible connection to the Delphi murders.

I just checked and you will need to have an account in order to watch a live. I will try to summarize what they say, but note that there will not be a way to see it if you don't watch it live.

Yes- I was responding to @Barbieshell, “Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now”. If all LE is missing is a name, they must believe they have the killer’s DNA. Moo
They must have something, trace, partial, something - but it was what he said on the programme last night (was on the ID channel at 10pm in England), just need a name / someone to put BG's name forward apparently (he may just be saying that but I'd have hoped he is a stand up guy etc).
I can imagine they've got loads of bits and bobs they've held back, just waiting for the right time and right POI to come along I'm imagining - JMOO

Or he is on SM, but there is nothing abnormal in his posts. He might just seem like the majority of us on FB or Twitter. Under the radar. Hiding in plain sight.
On the surface, he might have accounts, which aren't privat. He might be noticed (from distrustful people ;)) by the fact, that he almost never mentions females/children. Overly decent, respectful and under the radar - might be. Easy to hide in plain sight for 4 years and more. MOO

Some primers on the case:

2016 video showing abandoned right-of-way by the Wabash River, all the way to the Monon High Bridge:

2.16.17 WTHR reporter interviews RL on his property, CS can be seen in the distance. Note that nowhere in this video is the MHB visible:

I might be going soft but I always felt a tad sorry for RL, told the truth about where he was because he didn't want anyone thinking he was anywhere near the hideous murder of 2 girls on his property........but he was driving whilst disqualified to the tip and ended up getting banged up. He shouldn't have done it but hey ho, he did the crime so had to do the time. JMOO

are they naming him a suspect yet...or is he still a POI? I think they have to legally name him a suspect at some point in order to get all the warrants they need etc...am I wrong? or because he is waiting trial in jail and is a felony suspect can they just do what ever they want?

what I mean is..will they just charge him and never name him as a suspect in the media..??? mOO

are they naming him a suspect yet...or is he still a POI? I think they have to legally name him a suspect at some point in order to get all the warrants they need etc...am I wrong? or because he is waiting trial in jail and is a felony suspect can they just do what ever they want?

what I mean is..will they just charge him and never name him as a suspect in the media..??? mOO
Nah they'll have ripped that house apart after he was caught with the little girl in his basement - that warrant will have allowed for further searches to see if there's other evidence to support that particular case..........anything else discovered that can potentially link him to other cases is just another MASSIVE BONUS - JMOO

If they have found anything in addition to what they need for that case they'll have to get the relevant parties from Delphi / Carol County to file their paperwork and get to work on proving anything concrete that proves he's got anything to do with the Delphi Murders etc

I might be going soft but I always felt a tad sorry for RL, told the truth about where he was because he didn't want anyone thinking he was anywhere near the hideous murder of 2 girls on his property........but he was driving whilst disqualified to the tip and ended up getting banged up. He shouldn't have done it but hey ho, he did the crime so had to do the time. JMOO

He was a habitual drunk driver who had his license taken away from him AND was on probation. He shouldn't have been driving. He's a danger to himself and everyone on the road with him. He definitely had to do the time. I've seen people upset with LE because he got busted by giving an alibi, but it's not really up to them what happens to him when he violates probation.

Replying to @Ozoner in the previous thread Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

All this talk about car washes has left the Jim Croce song stuck in my head. "I got them steadily depressin', low down, mind-messin' workin' at the car wash blues."

I assume that the car washes where people are victimized are the self-serve variety? People usually go there alone, and they're out of their vehicles/exposed for at least several minutes, so predators probably view those places as "target-rich environments."

Yes, and also car washes tend to be in parts of town where there's not a lot of foot traffic or people living nearby, so there's less chance of being observed, heard, or identified, especially at night. Also since there's nothing suspicious about a car driving around a car wash, they're sometimes chosen as dump sites.

Also because they tend to be in the area where there are gas stations, warehouses, truck repair places, etc. are located, quite a surprising number of them are moderately close to train tracks, if not an actual trestle. It might be just a weird coincidence.

But if you ask me, JBC has too damn many weird coincidences in his Facebook photos and posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4