Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the proximity to chop shops and a land fill, foul play seems the most likely I speculate.

amateur opinion and speculation
I see what you mean and you could be right too.

But IMO if the car was stolen, destined to sell or to deliver it to a chop shop, it might not have been found on the street. Those guys know how to disable the tracking before driving it to the destination and dismantle it in no time. Won’t be keeping it on the street risking it to be discovered before they could work their magic on it.

Of course someone could have put it there hoping someone else would steal it.
IMO

The fact that the car was found in a sketchy area with the keys inside tells me 1) someone wanted it to be stolen, 2) that person wanted to distance themselves from AW, 3) that person was close to him.

MOO.
I think that scenario, given where the car was left, makes more sense than someone stealing the car to chop and not chopping it for parts in the (roughly) week between him missing and the car being found.

The fact that the car was found in a sketchy area with the keys inside tells me 1) someone wanted it to be stolen, 2) that person wanted to distance themselves from AW, 3) that person was close to him.

MOO.
I can perfectly see the above as a possibility.
I can equally see AW could have left the car and didn’t care/think about what will happen to it.
Need more info to decide.
By now the phone and other data collected could be back and LE might have more info to decide what happened.

The funny thing is that in other cases where liquidating assets happened in a relatively short amount of time after a disappearance, I would be suspecting the significant other. Somehow in this case I have a different feeling. I can’t say why and might be wrong.

Last edited:
Do you recall what cross roads that was? I recall something a bit different, that down the road from the RaceTrak in the direction of Mr. White's home was a business with surveillance cam and the Porsche Mr. White was driving was not captured on vid passing that business, suggesting that he turned or turned around rather than proceeding directly home from the Church's Chicken parking lot.
Yes, that right it didn't pass the cameras at a certain store. Was it a Staples? (I thought it was at a crossroad but may have been confusing that with another case.)

Anyway, yes, we know the area his car was last seen, and where his car should've been seen and wasn't. I'll have to look these up on google maps, but I think it was only a distance if a couple of miles....

Yes, that right it didn't pass the cameras at a certain store. Was it a Staples? (I thought it was at a crossroad but may have been confusing that with another case.)

Anyway, yes, we know the area his car was last seen, and where his car should've been seen and wasn't. I'll have to look these up on google maps, but I think it was only a distance if a couple of miles....[/QU

I can perfectly see the above as a possibility.
I can equally see AW could have left the car and didn’t care/think about what will happen to it.
Need more info to decide.
By now the phone and other data collected could be back and LE might have more info to decide what happened.

The funny thing is that in other cases where liquidating assets happened in a relatively short amount of time after a disappearance, I would be suspecting the significant other. Somehow in this case I have a different feeling. I can’t say why and might be wrong.

I share your Spidey Sense about any SO. Also not sure why. Also might be wrong.

The reason I don't believe that AW drove the car to its final location (at least not voluntarily) is because he left the gas station in the direction of his home, just a short drive away, and in the opposite direction from where the car was found.

I keep returning to his demeanor in the gas station video. He seems so relaxed, just going about the mundane.

MOO.
ala Steve McDowell - murderer of ex-wife Crystal McDowell.

Dropped her Mercedes off in the parking lot of a motel, unlocked and with keys inside. Was recorded afterwards riding his brand new bike from a Walmart to his home. No one was able to steal it as Hurricane Harvey came through flooding the area and the car.

The reason I don't believe that AW drove the car to its final location (at least not voluntarily) is because he left the gas station in the direction of his home, just a short drive away, and in the opposite direction from where the car was found.

I keep returning to his demeanor in the gas station video. He seems so relaxed, just going about the mundane.
I wish he would be found already one way or another.

I agree with both of you about the SO. Can’t really put my finger on exactly why either—just not feeling it.

I also agree about his demeanor. Just seems like a routine morning to me.

After my first-hand observation of that gas station...Occam's razor.
Please share more. When I "walked around" with Instant street view, it captured alot of loitering, shopping carts full of transient possessions, people sitting on the curbs, lots of trash, etc.

Amateur opinion and speculation

After my first-hand observation of that gas station...Occam's razor.
Yes- I mean I have theorized heavily on foul play in the case earlier on. I believe it is a real possibility. Curious how you think it went from sketchy lot to Alan disappeared to his car at Kitty street. Where do you think Alan’s body was dumped if this was foul play in the lot?

I feel strongly that Alan met someone after leaving the RaceTrac/Churches parking lot and he was communicating via some sort of app.

Jan 15th, 2021-
Dallas Police said they are waiting for test results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, in the Alan White case. LGBT police liaison officer Chelsea Geist said they’re also waiting on warrants. She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone.

“It is a very difficult and time-consuming process unfortunately,” she said.
DPD waiting for test results in Alan White case - Dallas Voice

Four months later, have they received anything back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10