Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #135

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a habitual drunk driver who had his license taken away from him AND was on probation. He shouldn't have been driving. He's a danger to himself and everyone on the road with him. He definitely had to do the time. I've seen people upset with LE because he got busted by giving an alibi, but it's not really up to them what happens to him when he violates probation.
Ah I hadn't realised he was over the limit which certainly changes things - hate drink driving, hopefully he's learnt his lesson then.

Also, IMO, his instability while walking could make him seem older, when it could be caused by the rickety beams of the train trestle and/or alcohol use.

I can’t imagine anyone, let alone an older person having enough courage/lack of common sense to cross that dangerous bridge, especially with his hands in his pockets. Bridge Guy obviously had no inhibitions in doing so, and although he may have been staggering to avoid missing ties, could his lack of inhibition and unsteady gait been because he was drunk? JBC exhibited the same lack of fear, possibly alcohol-induced, when he continued his attack on the nine-year-old after the police left.

IMO not drunk. not even half in the bag..but probably planning to be..he strikes me as a nighttime boozer. Not drunk yet at 130 in the afternoon..
now was he hung over? still drunk from a previous night ? it's possible too..he can be in some state of the alcohol cycle. however..not drunk or too sick to make it across the bridge and execute a disturbing double murder with probable staging and make a clean get away. He is a disgusting pedophile who deserves to be put to death for what he did to these poor girls.

Last edited:
Yes- I was responding to @Barbieshell, “Doug Carter still insists the only piece they're missing is a name, lets hope they have that name now”. If all LE is missing is a name, they must believe they have the killer’s DNA. Moo
From what I gather, they do have 'some' touch DNA from one of the girl's clothing, but they have no way of knowing for sure if it is from the killer. The problem is they don't have DNA left behind from body fluids or duct tape , etc, that would be obviously from a suspect. JMO

I can’t imagine anyone, let alone an older person having enough courage/lack of common sense to cross that dangerous bridge, especially with his hands in his pockets. Bridge Guy obviously had no inhibitions in doing so, and although he may have been staggering to avoid missing ties, could his lack of inhibition and unsteady gait been because he was drunk? JBC exhibited the same lack of fear, possibly alcohol-induced, when he continued his attack on the nine-year-old after the police left.
I doubt that BG was drinking that day. He would be tripping and falling all over the woods and he wouldn’t be able to handle 2 young girls drunk either. Psychopaths are risk takers. They tend to have no fear. I have no doubt that BG is a psychopath because of how calm he was when he ordered the girls down the hill.

IMO not drunk. not even half in the bag..but probably planning to be..he strikes me as a nighttime boozer. Not drunk yet at 130 in the afternoon..
now was he hung over? still drunk from a previous night ? it's possible too..he can be in some state of the alcohol cycle. however..not drunk or too sick to make it across the bridge and execute a disturbing double murder with probable staging and make a clean get away. He is a disgusting pedophile who deserves to be put to death for what he did to these poor girls.

I think I have to find the link because my posts keep getting deleted but on FB he has a post where he is drunk at 8:00 am (in a camping situation with a fire). I think alcohol does play a role in his attacks.

I can't figure out how to do it! Is it the "embed" option?

I think I have to find the link because my posts keep getting deleted but on FB he has a post where he is drunk at 8:00 am (in a camping situation with a fire). I think alcohol does play a role in his attacks.

I can't figure out how to do it! Is it the "embed" option?
You are not allowed to post/copy anything from FB on the threads here. But you can describe it and say the date it was posted on his FB, and give the link to it.

I believe whoever did this is going to get officially nailed by GPS (car, phone...be it his own or the girls), along with DNA...I can't imagine the perpetrator getting away "clean" and leaving nothing behind...the weather was not that bad to completely degrade all evidence. I think that unless LE did not have something strong they would not come out and name him as a POI to the public. There is to mush at stake. They have cleared other POIs quietly, so there must be something different this time. JMO. I have seen his SM and things removed which are beyond crazy...and if he isn't involved, I can see why LE would think he was, and why he is a POI, especially given his background.

"Chadwell already faces a slew of charges and several years in prison after he was arrested on April 19 for allegedly kidnapping a nine year-old girl by inviting her into his Lafayette home to pet his dogs.

Once inside, prosecutors said, Chadwell allegedly took her into his basement where he attacked, strangled and sexually assaulted her before she was rescued by police. "

He is facing 'several' years in prison? How about several decades? Personally, I don't think he should ever walk free again...

"Chadwell already faces a slew of charges and several years in prison after he was arrested on April 19 for allegedly kidnapping a nine year-old girl by inviting her into his Lafayette home to pet his dogs.

Once inside, prosecutors said, Chadwell allegedly took her into his basement where he attacked, strangled and sexually assaulted her before she was rescued by police. "

He is facing 'several' years in prison? How about several decades? Personally, I don't think he should ever walk free again...
That’s from a British paper where he’d get a few years. Here it is decades at the least.

@somequestions
This seems like a silly thing to mention, but I’ve found it discouraging, in terms of optimism about Chadwell being the solution to the mystery of BG:
I had an image of the BG train tracks footage, and put it side by side with an image of Chadwell standing on a mountain in jeans and shirt. I asked a couple of family members (who know nothing about the Delphi case, never heard of it) if their gut instinct felt they could be the same man.

They both said, not a chance, BG looks 65 and Chadwell looks 35. I of course had hoped they’d say, yes, could be. I asked them how they could tell the BG image was 60+, and they said there’s just “an aura of oldness that leaps out immediately.” Not definitive but sort of dampened my confidence that Delphi could be close to resolution. :(

What your example shows is that we all see things differently. I see a man in Liberty German's phone video different from either sketch released to the public. This makes me think this bridge guy was never seen or remembered by witnesses that day.

I think this person was at least 50 years old at the time of the crime, possibly refrigerated truck driver, and may have some sort of disability that they have had for a long time, possibly since childhood. These are my opinions about the case.

I hope someday this case gets solved so I can see how far off or how close I was compared to what ended up being the truth.

@somequestions
This seems like a silly thing to mention, but I’ve found it discouraging, in terms of optimism about Chadwell being the solution to the mystery of BG:
I had an image of the BG train tracks footage, and put it side by side with an image of Chadwell standing on a mountain in jeans and shirt. I asked a couple of family members (who know nothing about the Delphi case, never heard of it) if their gut instinct felt they could be the same man.

They both said, not a chance, BG looks 65 and Chadwell looks 35. I of course had hoped they’d say, yes, could be. I asked them how they could tell the BG image was 60+, and they said there’s just “an aura of oldness that leaps out immediately.” Not definitive but sort of dampened my confidence that Delphi could be close to resolution. :(
Don't let it dampen your confidence !!
BG is no way 65 yrs old and IMO, does NOT look 65 in those photos and videos of him on the bridge.
NOPE-- 40-45 maybe, but def not 65.
I wonder if they think that because of the clothes he is wearing.. like an older man's style jeans and jacket ??
OR do they think that by how he is walking ?? What few steps we are able to see anyway ??
Because some of those wood planks are far apart, with gaping holes in them and the most of them look rotted out.
I started to go across and backed right up.. NOPE-- plus with no railings on the side-- there was no way I was going across it.
He was on a mission, he kept his head down to watch for the gaps in between the boards so it does look like he is walking a bit funny.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think it's more like a hundred years. He could get forty years just for the attempted murder charge, as he is a habitual offender. Imo

Nah they'll have ripped that house apart after he was caught with the little girl in his basement - that warrant will have allowed for further searches to see if there's other evidence to support that particular case..........anything else discovered that can potentially link him to other cases is just another MASSIVE BONUS - JMOO

If they have found anything in addition to what they need for that case they'll have to get the relevant parties from Delphi / Carol County to file their paperwork and get to work on proving anything concrete that proves he's got anything to do with the Delphi Murders etc

But is it weird that we haven't heard any press reports of any LE activity at his house? I haven't seen video of them coming out with evidence bags or any of the things I've seen from media filming other high profile searches.

But is it weird that we haven't heard any press reports of any LE activity at his house? I haven't seen video of them coming out with evidence bags or any of the things I've seen from media filming other high profile searches.

yeah this is whatI have been dying to see..where are they ? and where is the media?

BG is no way 65 yrs old and IMO, does NOT look 65 in those photos and videos of him on the bridge.
I wonder if they think that because of the clothes he is wearing.. like an older man's style jeans and jacket ??
OR do they think that by how he is walking ?? What few steps we are able to see anyway ??
Because some of those wood planks are far apart, with gaping holes in them and the most of them look rotted out.
I started to go across and backed right up.. NOPE-- plus with no railings on the side-- there was no way I was going across it.
He was on a mission, he kept his head down to watch for the gaps in between the boards so it does look like he is walking a bit funny.

For me the clothes he’s wearing screams 60+ And really 70+ I say that because his clothing reminds me of my FIL who is 70+

Of my friends in their 60s I’d say the ones over 65 are more likely dress as old as BG, the ones 60-65, I can’t think of any off the top of my head that dress that old. Of my friends under 60, I’d say none.

Obviously all MOO and by no means everyone’s experience, but my experience leads me to think BG is older.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) Actually they were mainly looking at a still image of BG on the tracks: They just kept saying the “old man jeans and jacket” and that he “has the aura of a working class senior citizen” while they felt Chadwell looked “young and strong”. :(

IF Chadwell is BG — and unfortunately it’s still a big if — then I sincerely hope that they can find some hard DNA or link to Delphi. Otherwise, seeing as his lawyer will not let him be questioned, it would be dreadful if he’s neither ruled in nor ruled out. Unless as he’s facing decades in prison he would want to come clean and confess? Wonder how likely that is??

For me the clothes he’s wearing screams 60+ And really 70+ I say that because his clothing reminds me of my FIL who is 70+

Of my friends in their 60s I’d say the ones over 65 are more likely dress as old as BG, the ones 60-65, I can’t think of any off the top of my head that dress that old. Of my friends under 60, I’d say none.

Obviously all MOO and by no means everyone’s experience, but my experience leads me to think BG is older.
Yeah, exactly what my family said. They said if they saw him, and police asked for a description, they’d say “senior citizen”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie