CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

From link, thanks..
"He has to be somewhere," Ritcey said.

"I don't know what my chances are of finding anything when I come out, but my chances of finding something when I'm not out here is zero."

Ritcey said the mountain has been searched extensively, and ribbons remain to mark areas that have been searched. His goal is to expand the search area.

"If there was something around here, a leather shoe, a leather belt, a hat or something like that, a dog would pick it up," he said.

"I feel almost guilty that we can't find Ryan, can't bring closure. I really do feel one day somebody's going to come forward and say something."

Until then, he said he plans to keep looking.''

I've been following this case since day one. Where was Ryan living? The party house was on Burfield..but where was Ryan trying to walk? Mountain View Drive? Through the woods? Which way did the friends walk home? If Ryan was lost in the wooded area right behind Burfield, he would have been found.
Something happened to him in the party house. Have cadaver dogs sniffed the house? And sniffed the cars that belonged to the other party people? Probably too late now.

@sister7 thats a good question, and frustratingly not one i can find an answer for; I wonder if the location of Ryan's house was hidden to protect potential roommates or maybe to not have people show up unnecessarily?
All I can say is that his place was a 15-20 minute walk from Burfield Rd., where the party was. I don't believe it was towards the main village? As when a potential sighting was reported on Fairways Dr., which leads towards the heart of the village, this was described as a new search area and one not covered in the initial search. That walking distance is estimated at 16 mins so the distance to his house should also span approx that same distance on the map.
upload_2021-3-29_20-59-52.png
That's where I'm confused, however, as there aren't a lot of residential areas within 20 mins that ARENT in this direction?? There are a number of accommodations that are accessible via Sun Peaks Rd on Sunburst Pl., but I don't think it would be that weird for him to take the route through Fairways drive and thus I won't think Fairways would have been reported as a new search area??
upload_2021-3-29_21-3-28.png
Now, if you were to walk the complete opposite direction, to the left in this image, there are a couple of buildings that are accessible by going back on Sun Peaks Rd., then taking Industrial Way (the road that goes upwards near the red dotted line). These buildings would be a ~17 min walk away, so would fit. Sadly, Google Satellite is not sharp enough to make anything out really, and Google street view never took their car that far, so I don't know if these are residential buildings, warehouses, storage, etc... I know that employee residences may be out of the way and not on the map, so I'm not discounting that there are employee apartments around here.
upload_2021-3-29_21-6-22.png

If anyone can find the location of the initial searches, that would give us an answer, as the initial searches were between the house party location and his house :^)

**edit** this 2018 article quotes the S&R manager as saying that Ryan's home WAS on Sun Peaks Road. That doesn't clear a whole lot up, it's a small place and mostly everything is on that road or adjacent, but it does confirm that he wasn't staying at some small cottage in the trees or anything. It also mentions that they had searched the south-facing slopes (which I think means the slopes on the top/north of the Google image) in case he had decided, for some reason, to go for a climb.

Last edited:
I still think someone took Ryan off the hill and I do believe that some know. His parents have no where else to search so I totally understand them searching and searching in Sun Peaks. BC is pretty corrupt and I don't think Sun Peaks is any different. Hoping before long someone will find him so he can go home. So so sad.

I still think someone took Ryan off the hill and I do believe that some know. His parents have no where else to search so I totally understand them searching and searching in Sun Peaks. BC is pretty corrupt and I don't think Sun Peaks is any different. Hoping before long someone will find him so he can go home. So so sad.
BC is pretty corrupt? I live there and I don't see or hear of any more 'corruption' than anywhere else really. And Sun Peaks?

Last edited:
BC is pretty corrupt? I live there and I don't see or hear of any more 'corruption' than anywhere else really. And Sun Peaks?
That was my question too! I'm curious to know if the corruption that's implied is RCMP, local authorities, government... I'm in Alberta so I definitely wouldn't know.

Ryan left the party house around 2:10am of Feb. 18 and his phone last pinged around 3:00am in Sun Peaks so thats almost an hour he didn't contact anyone before his phone died. If Ryan was walking a short distance to his house why didn't he call/text someone within at least a half hour or sooner.
Did Ryan have a plan to leave Sun Peaks that morning or he have some type of accident shortly after leaving the party house and his body his hiding in plain sight.

Ryan Where Are You.

The Nowhere to be found podcast hosted by Amanda Popineau will be releasing episodes about Ryan's disappearance in the coming weeks. I hope she is able to discover new information about his disappearance.

CFJC Today Kamloops: Shtuka family manages expectations as RCMP search for Ryan again at Sun Peaks.
https://cfjctoday.com/2021/05/30/sh...s-as-rcmp-search-for-ryan-again-at-sun-peaks/

From your link, HS continues to have my whole-hearted respect. She’s definitely a very special person, to be dealing with the devastation of a missing child yet view it with such positive optimism, kindness and grace. My hope is this search will be successful.

“This search, Heather said the best-case scenario would be to discover Ryan and move on to the next chapter of the Shtuka’s grief journey. If nothing is found, they’ll change their mindsets to be grateful they have engaged and passionate RCMP officers still attempting to find him.

“They’re still coming out three years later,” she said. “The areas they have searched… will be areas we can most confidently cross off our list. I look at the Kamloops community, B.C. in general, as well as our hometown in Edmonton, and I’m amazed at how passionate people are and how they support and love us so well and offer us prayers and grace and hope. On the days that I don’t think I can stand; I look around to this community we’ve found.”

Heather said her family still receives updates from people passing through Sun Peaks on if they located Ryan, or perhaps found someone who looks like it could be him. In the meantime, she encourages the public to show the same love and assistance to other families who have missing loved ones….”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back