Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

I agree that we will soon see an AA, but heavily redacted.
I personally didn’t think we’d even get that! ..After the comments about the camera, audio, and disallowance to wear “street clothes” (suit and tie) I would have thought this public defender would throw a fit about the AA being released (so soon) due to the “reputation” of his client.
Plus I feel like BM would convince (intimidate?) any lawyer to fight its release as it’s a little bit more time to continue to manipulate his daughters before some heavy facts surface.
Fingers crossed.
All moo!

I agree that we will soon see an AA, but heavily redacted.
I personally didn’t think we’d even get that! ..After the comments about the camera, audio, and disallowance to wear “street clothes” (suit and tie) I would have thought this public defender would throw a fit about the AA being released (so soon) due to the “reputation” of his client.
Plus I feel like BM would convince (intimidate?) any lawyer to fight its release as it’s a little bit more time to continue to manipulate his daughters before some heavy facts surface.
Fingers crossed.
All moo!

Maybe this has been covered, but does BM have the dough to hire an expensive super-duper criminal attorney?

“Anyone else think CM and crew have been playing good cop/ bad cop to elicit interviews or whatever? I’m not opposed to their tactics because I back the Blue and believe they have justice at heart. IMO”

Quoting the above post by @mom2chloe cuz I don’t know how to bring over from previous thread. ;)
Yes, I think it’s definitely possible that’s what’s going on. And as someone with both Retired and Active members of LE on my Mom’s and Husband’s side of family, I fully support and back the Blue too. And since this just happens to be Law Enforcement Week, to any former and/or active LE reading here, thank you for having put/putting your lives on the line every day to serve, protect, keep us safe, and for pursuing justice for victims.
You are appreciated.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Suzanne texted her sister friday morning.
If BM told police that he and Suzanne got into a huge argument friday night, i believe he told them that only after he realized Suzanne had sent incriminating texts to her sis. MOO. Maybe he thought that since he destroyed her phone, they’d never know the fight (“scenario” aka incident) actually went down on thursday. I also have a strong suspicion that whatever happened Thursday is the catalyst to this tragedy.. Obviously it had been building up for some time (moo), but I think, sadly, SM should have left first thing Friday. Poor woman :(

If BM told police that he and Suzanne got into a huge argument friday night, i believe he told them that only after he realized Suzanne had sent incriminating texts to her sis. MOO. Maybe he thought that since he destroyed her phone, they’d never know the fight (“scenario” aka incident) actually went down on thursday. I also have a strong suspicion that whatever happened Thursday is the catalyst to this tragedy.. Obviously it had been building up for some time (moo), but I think, sadly, SM should have left first thing Friday. Poor woman :(
She may have tried to leave.

We don't know if he destroyed her phone, but if he was looking on Suzanne's FB or text messages on Saturday night he might have known how much Suzanne shared with her friends and her sister. He probably had no choice but to admit to police that they had a big argument that weekend. (If that's what happened.) Imo

Does anyone know when Suzanne’s cancer returned for a 3rd time? 3x doesn’t sound good. Does anyone know what kind of cancer she had and if it was terminal? Had she started treatments again? Medical bills another financial burden for them. I’m sure their med ins. premiums was very expensive and since he was self employed they most likely had to pay for it themselves not employer paid. Maybe that’s why he was selling properties and cashing in on his business plus paying the daughters college tuition and fees. Why in the heck was he living beyond his means buying that million dollar home? I bet property taxes, homeowners ins, HOA fees, utility bills were high.

Does anyone know when Suzanne’s cancer returned for a 3rd time? 3x doesn’t sound good. Does anyone know what kind of cancer she had and if it was terminal? Had she started treatments again? Medical bills another financial burden for them. I’m sure their med ins. premiums was very expensive and since he was self employed they most likely had to pay for it themselves not employer paid. Maybe that’s why he was selling properties and cashing in on his business plus paying the daughters college tuition and fees. Why in the heck was he living beyond his means buying that million dollar home? I bet property taxes, homeowners ins, HOA fees, utility bills were high.
RBBM
So Suzanne was a 2x cancer survivor.
The link below is a nice article really worth a read, it includes comments by some of Suzanne’s friends describing the type of person she was.
Snipped from the article and BBM:

Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
If the deadline to object to releasing the AA is tomorrow, that probably means the defense has until at least 5pm local time to do that. I wouldn't expect the AA to be released before that time and maybe not until Friday, if it's released at all.

If the deadline to object to releasing the AA is tomorrow, that probably means the defense has until at least 5pm local time to do that. I wouldn't expect the AA to be released before that time and maybe not until Friday, if it's released at all.

I want to read it but more than that I want the case to be as strong as possible with no jeopardizing it.

She was a fighter, but not strong enough for what befell her. :(
My opinion is that she might have been ambushed. :mad:

I am glad that Suzanne reached out to at least her sister to tell her some personal details and that she was afraid. Many times, those in domestic violence situations, keep it a secret. That would have been Barry's biggest wish.

Suzanne is no longer with us here on earth; however, our hope is that justice is served for the person who cut her life short.

I would love to read the AA; however, I am just thankful that her murderer was arrested. I hope and pray that the prosecutors have enough evidence to put him away forever.

JMO.

I agree with Mike King of Profiling Evil’s speculation that Suzanne’s life ended on Saturday, May 9th. I have always leaned to the “event” happening on Saturday sometime after Barry left the worksite- “have to go home to make the wife happy and do some hiking or biking.”
That statement has always seemed so off
to me. According to MG, they were supposed to be working all day Saturday and then Barry suddenly has to cut the day short and go home?? I think Suzanne might have been angry with him and summonsed him home that morning, as always felt that that statement also seems to ooooze with resentment.
One of the biggest reasons I think Saturday is because I don’t think that Barry could pull off impersonating Suzanne and conversing with her BFF about upcoming wedding details. Suzanne and her BFF were very close and reportedly BFF said the text ended abruptly, not that it didn’t sound like Suzanne.
And his last minute thrown together “alibi” and MG’s comments about him calling her very early Sunday morning sounding like he’d just had the worst night of his life, IMO also points to Saturday being Suzanne’s last day on earth. Sorry I don’t have the link to Mike’s video handy, but it was posted in previous thread by our wonderful @swedeheart.

Looking forward to seeing how much of our speculations were right and where we were wrong. Come on AA. Can’t wait, can’t sleep lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors