Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

The tips were not necessarily from a person, but rather cell, or OnStar data collected by the FBI. As for the rest, I think the texts are a little strange being that from where she left the friends house to her house is about a 15min, maybe 18min drive . The fried text her at 304A. Erica should have been home, even if she went north back to the loop and around to get home. So even if the friend was not paying attention to the time, she would have been near the pond where they found her, and still about 20 min from home when she replied stating she would be home in 5min. Or maybe she didn't thing it was the friends biz.

Ugh, so sad to see this ending. I am a bit shocked that there's such a distance between the pond and the street/road. that is a long way to go, no? I do wonder if anyone saw the tire marks, or is it possible that there is none because it was a one time thing?
Just thinking aloud. I am so sad to see this ending.

We know Erica was texting during her drive, and we know that texting and driving is very distracting. I think it is very likely that she was distracted, with limited visibility, very late at night when she might have been sleepy. I think it is most likely that this was a very terrible, tragic accident that happened to a dear person who was loved and will be mourned by the many who cared for her.

Last edited:
It is strange that she was in Pearland. But if she was really intoxicated she could have made a bunch of wrong turns I guess (looking at the map it seems possible), and if she was confused and agitated that she was lost she could have driven through the intersection and into the water. I think they’ll obviously investigate if she was in a Pearland to meet someone, but I can see this just being an unfortunate accident due to intoxication (or possibly a medical event).
This is exactly how I’m seeing it as well, she had an extremely long and social day (those exhaust me personally) and late at night is so dark and if she had “partied” a little it could have added to some disorientation but more so poor reaction time.

I always find it fascinating when families call foul play when it’s not particularly evident- psychologically it’s almost easier because then you can blame someone and your anger can be justified. So freaking sad. I hope they’re able to determine exactly what happened so her family can have closure, and justice if it’s needed.
RIP beautiful mama! You are loved and will be missed dearly :(

The route she took is highly unlikely if your at all familiar with Houston, or that area in particular. I travel surface streets ever where most of them time. I would have taken 90 to Holmes, to Almeda, to Reed, but that's just me. I've often been accused of driving like a turtle. Does anyone know if she was familiar with her area? Being that there are reports of her being seen on or Near court rd and S Post Oak around 4am, she would had to have stopped somewhere or made a block a few times if she left her friends at 232am. I think as the crow flies, this was her most likely route, or something very close to it.

Yes, he said walking but I honestly think he just misspoke. Even the journalist asked him twice to make sure. I think the police officer was referring to the video of her walking to her car from her sister-in-law’s house, and the journalist was referring to the video at the intersection.

I wonder if he might have accidentally referred to a video the public hasn't seen yet? Just speculating on possible reasons. Most likely he just mis-spoke.

Why was the FBI involved already? There are so many missing people, why did this case get the FBI's attention?

The FBI has units that are set up to assist local law enforcement with aspects that need special expertise, like analyzing electronics or tracking cell phones. All the local LE have to do is request the help.

The route she took is highly unlikely if your at all familiar with Houston, or that area in particular. I travel surface streets ever where most of them time. I would have taken 90 to Holmes, to Almeda, to Reed, but that's just me. I've often been accused of driving like a turtle. Does anyone know if she was familiar with her area? Being that there are reports of her being seen on or Near court rd and S Post Oak around 4am, she would had to have stopped somewhere or made a block a few times if she left her friends at 232am. I think as the crow flies, this was her most likely route, or something very close to it.

where is her home located ? I know she was coming from Benning Drive .... could she have gotten in Beltway wrong way ?

Vehicle recovery, no body in the vehicle.

He said "word got out" it was a possibility she was at that park, when asked why they searched there.

She was last seen on CCTV, per a reporter, at a gas station, and he wonders why they haven't released that footage. LE says they are going to release more info very soon, in hopes of having as much info out there to assist in finding her.

Asked if there is a suspect or POI, LE says they have nothing at the moment, but he believes someone knows something.

I speak Spanish and needed to hear for myself since translation can be tricky, he makes it VERY clear she was seen walking .. strange

I know the family is grieving....just wondering why they seem to want to attribute this to foul play ? As someone who has just experienced a terrible loss myself I would do much rather my loved one died by accident rather than by a criminal act ....

I know the family is grieving....just wondering why they seem to want to attribute this to foul play ? As someone who has just experienced a terrible loss myself I would do much rather my loved one died by accident rather than by a criminal act ....
I feel like we see this a lot on websleuths... one’s intense agony over missing a recently deceased loved one I think is sometimes easily or immediately translated into anger, so to have someone to blame (other than the victim) validates those feelings. I think that after processing grief and anger it is easier for people to settle into the idea of accident (or suicide) and have a better chance for some peace and closure. Human psychology is very complicated. Moo!

P.S I hope you have found some peace in the loss of your loved one :(

Was she trying to avoid toll roads perhaps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back