Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one pays for a package does the jail provide basic toiletries?

No clue - I keep asking if anyone knows about Chaffee County Detention Center. At the jails where I've worked, there's a soap dispenser in the shared shower area and that's about it. Nearly everyone gets toothpaste and toothbrush from the commissary - but most inmates have to earn credits to do that, unless of course someone gets them credits/care package (total amount is limited).

No clue - I keep asking if anyone knows about Chaffee County Detention Center. At the jails where I've worked, there's a soap dispenser in the shared shower area and that's about it. Nearly everyone gets toothpaste and toothbrush from the commissary - but most inmates have to earn credits to do that, unless of course someone gets them credits/care package (total amount is limited).
They trade and barter as well.

If it is really released today how would we know?

seeing a new document, ordering it to be released under the court case online? MSM is sure to sink their teeth into it as soon as it’s released as well. I’d think they’d report that it’d been released fairly quickly.

I personally was counting on either one of those options, but I could be wrong or there’d be another way.

Yes! ^^^ I had forgotten this too. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the paid legal site, probably Pacer.
Actually, Pacer is the source for Federal District Court. Vendors for Colorado Criminal Courts include: LexisNexis, VitalChek or BIS.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Administration - Information Technology Services - Public Access

Public Access
Public Access System (PAS)

Colorado State Courts– Data Access is a web-based application designed to provide government agencies statewide “read-only” access to the Colorado electronic court database. Authorized government agency users have free access to electronic court data. These free access privileges are not for private or unauthorized contract use, and all government agency users must agree to all terms and conditions by agreeing with those at each login session.

Public users may access the Colorado electronic court database through one of two vendors: LexisNexis VitalChek or BIS.

If it is really released today how would we know?

It'll go up on the case website.

But if the Judge does it at the end of the day (common, as they are busy in court all day), it won't get processed and put up until tomorrow - or Monday.

If the Judge desires a conference call with DA and PD, that will happen first. It might take more than one call. So...countdown has started, but it could easily be next week.

I hope it's tomorrow or even today, but I'm not holding my breath.

As we wait (some of us - "hand up" - are not so good at patience...), I have been trying to compile a list of what I think the 135 separate search warrants were.

When there was a mass public release of search warrants related to the Jennifer Dulos case around the time Fotis and friends were arrested for the Murder/Conspiracy to Murder Jennifer, I think that pile (which seemed massive) was about 51 warrants or so. More were likely approved after the public release in that case (so remain unseen by public eyes) as investigators continued to investigate based upon results of analysis/evaluation, but 135 is just an amazingly huge number.

I'm guessing something like:
  • 6-15 for searches of properties, homes, and outbuildings (perhaps some in Indiana).
  • 15-20 for searches of vehicles, equipment, and the onboard computers on those
  • 15-30 for seizure and searches of electronic devices accessible to SM and BM (and other family members), as well as those voluntarily surrendered to LE by co-workers or friends.
  • 10-25 for searches of electronic accounts and collection of data records (incl. internet, cloud storage, email, and social media)
  • 50 for collection of video or still-frame surveillance (smile Barry, you're on camera...) for specified time frames (near Puma Path, near Riverfront job site, near Longhorn Ranch development, near Broomfield hotel, near Broomfield wall), on routes between Puma Path (and later rented condo) and:
    • Broomfield
    • Gunnison
    • Canon City
    • Indiana, selected locations.
  • 10-25 for Cell Tower Downloads for narrowly specified time periods in narrowly specific geographic areas (near Puma Path, near Broomfield hotel, near Riverfront job site in East Salida, possibly near specific locations in Indiana or along the route to those locations) - one SW would be required for each separate cell provider that might be considered relevant to the case.

Great post @Diddian. I noticed Gunnison and Canon City. Anything interesting in those two places specifically that you can share?

Great post @Diddian. I noticed Gunnison and Canon City. Anything interesting in those two places specifically that you can share?

No, don't read anything into my choosing those specific points. I just looked at a map and selected distances that could be reached within what I guessed was a reasonable time by vehicle. If LE used surveillance to locate BM traveling on the road, they likely started close to home and the surveillance closest to home (or phone location or activity) told them which direction to pursue further and surveillance along the way told them whether to continue looking for more.

No, don't read anything into my choosing those specific points. I just looked at a map and selected distances that could be reached within what I guessed was a reasonable time by vehicle. If LE used surveillance to locate BM traveling on the road, they likely started close to home and the surveillance closest to home told them which direction to pursue further and surveillance along the way told them whether to continue looking for more.

Thank you. I think you may be on to something. MK also mentioned his hope that the AA will bring to light multiple stops and possible drop-offs made by BM along the way to Broomfield.

The AA will be enlightening, and I’m sure it will also be saddening.

Thank you. I think you may be on to something. MK also mentioned his hope that the AA will bring to light multiple stops and possible drop-offs made by BM along the way to Broomfield.

The AA will be enlightening, and I’m sure it will also be saddening.

There was something mentioned on PE about pings from cell phone data from BM, in an areas he shouldn't have been/didnt make sense he had been there? Anyone else remember?

There was something mentioned on PE about pings from cell phone data from BM, in an areas he shouldn't have been/didnt make sense he had been there? Anyone else remember?
I'm interested in this. Do you remember whether this was discussed recently, or back when both Mike and Chris were on the show? Do you remember whether they had other guests with whom they were discussing this? (Just trying to locate that info...)

You’ll check back and this thread will be on version #800 and 49 pages deep.

also, it will be posted online here:

Colorado Judicial Branch

No kidding - and there will be round-the-clock posting for weeks.

We will likely learn the evidence LE is using to claim Suzanne is deceased.
We will learn the pre- and post-murder behavior of Barry Morphew, including financial dealings.
We will learn more about the Bobcat.

I hope there will be DNA evidence. I hope at least one person really spilled the beans.

I think Suzanne came very close to telling more than one person that she feared for her life. And Barry himself admits to a fight the day before she disappeared (I wonder why he admitted it? Probably she told and perhaps showed evidence to her sister/friends).

Good for Suzanne, if she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member