IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Hold the horses. The mom's obituary says they married in 1979 but the actual marriage certifiate on ancestry.com shows 1978. Maybe the obit is a typo?

Looks like they married when she was pregnant, not after baby was born. Bride was 16, groom 17. I had been assuming the obit was correct but it doesn't match the certificate, fwiw. Sorry I can't link as it's a paid site but perhaps it's available elsewhere online.

jmo

What I see is she was 16 when they married.. according to the recording ... Not sure of accuracy

upload_2021-5-13_10-37-21.png

Attachments

• MothersMarriageApp.JPG
    MothersMarriageApp.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 25
JBC Sr. would be JBC II's father/stepfather. If his Grandfather had also been a JBC, then our current creep would be JBC III.

Thanks ... For some reason I was thinking if he was the 2nd he would be a JR then another JBC would be II . but then there is this Powell, Kimberly. "...In my experience, the use of the term II generally indicates a son who has been named after a family member other than their father, such as a grandfather or an uncle. It is also sometimes used to identify the second male in a line of three with that name,.."

"The Difference Between the Suffixes "Jr." or "II"." ThoughtCo, Aug. 27, 2020, thoughtco.com/jr-or-ii-suffix-3972347.

Should You Name Your Baby with the Suffix "Jr." or "II"?

interesting... would have to see the birth certificate- maybe she put down "Chadwell" and everyone just went with that.
My Boyfriend has a daughter who is 24. His ex got pregnant again a couple years later. She gave her son my boyfriends last name and listed my boyfriend as the father.

My boyfriends mother got upset when he didn't claim the child as his and she actually paid for a paternity test to be done. He is not the dad. The birth certificate was never changed because she didn't have the money to pay the legal costs to ammend the birth certificate. Now that the child is a legal adult he is in the process of legally changing everything.

My boyfriend was never step dad or anything. He had only dated his ex for a couple of months!

I do a lot on Ancestry and the dates are not always correct. I have been to many relatives weddings and the date does not match records I pull from Ancestry at least 40% of the time.
Whoa. Hold the horses. The mom's obituary says they married in 1979 but the actual marriage certifiate on ancestry.com shows 1978. Maybe the obit is a typo?

Looks like they married when she was pregnant, not after baby was born. Bride was 16, groom 17. I had been assuming the obit was correct but it doesn't match the certificate, fwiw. Sorry I can't link as it's a paid site but perhaps it's available elsewhere online.

jmo

Honestly your comment made me laugh. This is a debate that could continue on for all of eternity. I have personally paid to have a professional geologist help me work on my family tree. I hired someone from Ancestry.com while looking at my tree I was taking and adding prefixes of II to men who had the same name as their father. I was explained that the II or any Roman Numerals for that matter does not mean anyone is related to one another. The numerals are based on oldest to youngest. This rule also applies to women as well.

They were only intended on identification of people with the same name in the same jurisdiction. When someone passed away their roman numeral for identification could also be changed as well.

However in modern times many people will use the II and Jr in the same manner. In present day its believed to be father, son, grandson etc. Overall its just confusing and one would need someone to clarify in what context they are using the Roman numeral system.

Another example to further confused you its possible to have a JBC V and JBC VI as cousins as well. Im not saying these people exist but I am giving an example of how the geologist explained this to me.

Thanks ... For some reason I was thinking if he was the 2nd he would be a JR then another JBC would be II . but then there is this Powell, Kimberly. "...In my experience, the use of the term II generally indicates a son who has been named after a family member other than their father, such as a grandfather or an uncle. It is also sometimes used to identify the second male in a line of three with that name,.."

"The Difference Between the Suffixes "Jr." or "II"." ThoughtCo, Aug. 27, 2020, thoughtco.com/jr-or-ii-suffix-3972347.

Honestly your comment made me laugh. This is a debate that could continue on for all of eternity. I have personally paid to have a professional geologist help me work on my family tree. I hired someone from Ancestry.com while looking at my tree I was taking and adding prefixes of II to men who had the same name as their father. I was explained that the II or any Roman Numerals for that matter does not mean anyone is related to one another. The numerals are based on oldest to youngest. This rule also applies to women as well.

They were only intended on identification of people with the same name in the same jurisdiction. When someone passed away their roman numeral for identification could also be changed as well.

However in modern times many people will use the II and Jr in the same manner. In present day its believed to be father, son, grandson etc. Overall its just confusing and one would need someone to clarify in what context they are using the Roman numeral system.

Another example to further confused you its possible to have a JBC V and JBC VI as cousins as well. Im not saying these people exist but I am giving an example of how the geologist explained this to me.

I think you mean genealogist instead of geologist, right?

I think Jr would have been the correct naming but we’re talking about kids naming a baby who probably didn’t know the difference between jr and ii.

I won’t get started on how massively frustrating having juniors and seconds and thirds are for legal reasons, credit reporting, etc. I’m not a fan.

I’m just not understanding the going off the mental deep end “event” from finding out JBC2 was not his “dad’s” bio son. Many people are adopted… Some were told early in life, others later, some found out after death of a parent. I just think it has to be way more than “his mom answered the question”. Like how it was answered or how everyone treated him after. Or maybe the whole thing’s dramatized & he’s a predator, pedophile, rapist, & maybe murderer just because… he is. Or maybe family claims this for distance… we’re-not-like-him. Either way, the adoption-ish psycho-break angle just doesn’t ring true. Imo, moo, jmo, etc.

I agree. He did not go off the deep end when he was told about his paternity. He attempted to drown his younger brother when he was only seven. Family members have indicated he was "just mean" growing up. He would start fights in order to hurt someone.

It sounds as though his poor behavior continued into adulthood. And got worse. This man clearly lacks any form of self-control. He has no moral compass.

Interesting according to kokomoperspective.com, which interviewed JBC's aunt:

"... Chadwell had various check-ins at Kokomo businesses, such as the Hi-Mark Restaurant and Lounge, Trinity House, and the city of Kokomo. Chadwell’s most recent check-in to Kokomo was last month on April 6..."

Trinity Houses web site :
"...Trinity House is : St. Vincent Kokomo Trinity House is located in Kokomo, Indiana. St. Vincent Kokomo Trinity House provides behavioral health assessments and treatment for psychiatric, emotional, and chemical abuse or dependence problems.

Some of the treatment as :
Alcoholism:
The goal of treatment for alcoholism is abstinence. Those with poor social support, poor motivation, or psychiatric disorders tend to relapse within a few years of treatment. For these people, success is measured by longer periods of abstinence, reduced use of alcohol, better health, and improved social functioning. Recovery and Maintenance are usually based on 12 step programs and AA meetings.

Dual Diagnosis:
Many of those suffering from addiction also suffer from mental or emotional illnesses like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, or anxiety disorders. Rehab and other substance abuse facilities treating those with a dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder administer psychiatric treatment to address the person's mental health issue in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation.

Mental Health and Substance Abuse:

St. Vincent Kokomo Trinity House | Rehab.com "

The parents (mom and step-dad) were 16 and 17 when they named him. I think the decision was made out of a teenage idea of romance, not following social protocol.

jmo

Sister of Delphi murder victim does NOT believe pedophile cops have linked to killings is murderer | Daily Mail Online

'He is hiding in plain sight': Sister of Delphi Snapchat murder victim does NOT believe 'pedophile', 42, who cops say could be linked to the killings is the right man

Delphi (/ˈdɛlfaɪ/) is a city in and the county seat of Carroll County, in the U.S. state of Indiana.[7] Located twenty minutes northeast of Lafayette, it is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,893 at the 2010 census.

In the news conference the sheriff does say they believe he lived in Delphi etc etc. Also ever time the sheriff says you referring to the killer he seems to always look in a certain direction in the room . , Interesting : link to the news conference : Delphi Homicide News Conference

Hard to imagine with only 2893 population in 2010 half or more women they haven't arrested anyone . And no one recognized the composite . Though because of the saying "Guys down the hill " to me it seems that he knew the girls, but in what way

Last edited:
This was my thought too. So sad. Jmo of course. I do wonder at giving him the exact same name as his step father, especially if he was born prior to the wedding. I just can't imagine doing that, while knowing he was not the bio child of that man.
If mom married stepdad 4 months into the pregnancy and named the child stepdad jr, stepdad probably believed he was the biological father at the time. But... that’s JMO and pure speculation.

Delphi (/ˈdɛlfaɪ/) is a city in and the county seat of Carroll County, in the U.S. state of Indiana.[7] Located twenty minutes northeast of Lafayette, it is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,893 at the 2010 census.

In the news conference the sheriff does say they believe he lived in Delphi etc etc. Also ever time the sheriff says you referring to the killer he seems to always look in a certain direction in the room . , Interesting : link to the news conference : Delphi Homicide News Conference

Hard to imagine with only 2893 population in 2010 half or more women they haven't arrested anyone . And no one recognized the composite . Though because of the saying "Guys down the hill " to me it seems that he knew the girls, but in what way

I don't think the girls knew their killer unless you are insinuating they recognized him from seeing him earlier along the trail but I do agree with everything else you mentioned.

BP has stated how surprised she's been when out and about that so many people are not aware of the double murders even those residing close to Delphi. Some folks just don't keep up with the news like most of us do.

I've studied the presser for hints of body language from both Carter and Tobe. ATT of the heavily anticipated conference, I searched for every photo I could find of that presser to study people who attended it.

It is disappointing that the press didn't slowly scan the room with their camera after Carter stated the murderer may be in the room with them. Only recently, when I purchased a sub to jconline news, did I see an image of MP who was standing by the door during the presser. BP and AW were sitting in front of him. There are over 20 photos from it at this link.
Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

I don't think the girls knew their killer unless you are insinuating they recognized him from seeing him earlier along the trail but I do agree with everything else you mentioned.

BP has stated how surprised she's been when out and about that so many people are not aware of the double murders even those residing close to Delphi. Some folks just don't keep up with the news like most of us do.

I've studied the presser for hints of body language from both Carter and Tobe. ATT of the heavily anticipated conference, I searched for every photo I could find of that presser to study people who attended it.

It is disappointing that the press didn't slowly scan the room with their camera after Carter stated the murderer may be in the room with them. Only recently, when I purchased a sub to jconline news, did I see an image of MP who was standing by the door during the presser. BP and AW were sitting in front of him. There are over 20 photos from it at this link.
Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

Because he used the word "Guys" and how it sounded it made me think he may of not been a total stranger... I wondered if he may have pretended to be a 14 yr old or something and was conversing with them on snap chat or something like that. On his facebook page he had mentioned he was in love with a redhead, and who was the woman / girl that he said something about skipping formalities ?

I'm poking around now to see if James Brian Chadwell II may have known someone that knew one of the girls , like one of his relatives , or a neighbor. Some may even be associated with some that have similar names .

The town of Delphi's population is around 3000 . That's really not all that many people. Half of them or more could be female. That leaves even less than 3000 that they would have to eliminate as suspects. That is if the perpetrator is from Delphi.

One other thing the town of Delphi isn't all that big
Area
[2]
• Total
2.71 sq mi (7.03 km2)
• Land 2.71 sq mi (7.03 km2)
• Water 0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)

When he said from the area , currently , visits or works here.. Did he mean within that 2.71 sq mi area or do they also consider some of the surrounding towns also part of Delphi ... 2.7 miles I could walk around that town in a hour.

Last edited:
Because he used the word "Guys" and how it sounded it made me think he may of not been a total stranger... I wondered if he may have pretended to be a 14 yr old or something and was conversing with them on snap chat or something like that. On his facebook page he had mentioned he was in love with a redhead, and who was the woman / girl that he said something about skipping formalities ?

I'm poking around now to see if James Brian Chadwell II may have known someone that knew one of the girls , like one of his relatives , or a neighbor. Some may even be associated with some that have similar names .

The town of Delphi's population is around 3000 . That's really not all that many people. Half of them or more could be female. That leaves even less than 3000 that they would have to eliminate as suspects. That is if the perpetrator is from Delphi.

Area
[2]
• Total
2.71 sq mi (7.03 km2)

When he said from the area , currently , visits or works here.. Did he mean within that 2.71 sq mi area or do they also consider some of the surrounding towns also part of Delphi ... 2.7 miles I could walk around that town in a hour.

I just can’t believe that two years after the fact LE had lightbulb moment in announcing the killer was familiar with the area. IMO those statements were intended to reduce the amount of tips coming in about possible sightings of suspects from faraway places with no known connection to Delphi or even Indiana whatsoever, in hopes of boosting the quality of tips.

Delphi murders: After 3 years, police say case isn't cold
“One area where State Police have been unusually forthcoming is in their belief that the suspect or suspects in the Delphi slayings is familiar with the town and the trail area.

"That is one of the theories that we have, that either the person is from the area, or visits frequently, that he's been to the area more than once," Riley said.

“It's probably one of the stronger theories that we have at this time, based on the terrain and the location. We have a strong suspicion that the person is either from the area, has visited there before or has lived in the Delphi area for a number of years."....”

Area
[2]
• Total
2.71 sq mi (7.03 km2)

Excellent idea! Hope that analysis proves to be fruitful.

When he said from the area , currently , visits or works here.. Did he mean within that 2.71 sq mi area or do they also consider some of the surrounding towns also part of Delphi

Good question. I don't know the correct answer. Do we assume Carter was speaking only of Delphi residents or Carroll County, in general? As you mentioned, Delphi has a small population due to its geographical size. I noticed in city data that about half of the residents were men or appx 1431 in 2019.

Kelsi said once that if they wanted to see a movie at a theatre, they'd need to go to Lafayette which is appx 20 miles from Delphi. Lafayette metro is part of three counties
• Benton
• Carroll
• Tippecanoe
http://www.city-data.com/city/Delphi-Indiana.html#b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics