Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

From my experience in newer neighborhoods in the areas along the tollways in that part of Houston, the residential streets are often laid out in a maze. It is easy to get turned around even with a gps, and at night it’s even harder to navigate. Even when I know where I am going because I have been there before, the continual development of new streets and construction can confuse you quickly. It is hard in the middle of the day. It is even more challenging in the middle of the night. IMHO

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

Vigil for Erica Hernandez
The family would like to invite everyone who would like to join us for a vigil, Sunday, May 16, at 4pm. It will be held by the lake in Shadow Creek Ranch.
Please join us to pray and release flowers into the lake in memory of Erica.
There will also be a temporary cross set up. Flowers may be placed there as well.

I have a relative in Cypress who lives in a subdivision with two different streets the same name slightly different, I used gps and ended up in the wrong area...I think she was going super fast down reflection bay , probably didn’t see the water at night went right in ...
Greetings from Cypress! I live in that neighborhood. Seriously though, this applies to so many Houston area subdivisions. GPS can't keep up with new construction and common names.

I have a relative in Cypress who lives in a subdivision with two different streets the same name slightly different, I used gps and ended up in the wrong area...I think she was going super fast down reflection bay , probably didn’t see the water at night went right in ...
Driving late at night it wouldn’t be difficult to get turned around on streets. The city of Pearland needs to install barriers on this street so this never happened again.
This afternoon for simply driving directions l used my google map, l still missed the street l should have turned right. This ended up taken me miles out of the way.

Last edited:
Driving 2:30 in the morning would be It would difficult if your tired from cooking all day and then dropping off the food to family. I’m sure she was exlater that night. Then
This afternoon for simply driving directions l used my google map, l still missed the street l should have turned right. This ended up taken me miles out of the way.

So she maybe took a wrong turn, had trouble getting back to where she wanted to be, worried about getting home in time for her daughter to take the car, maybe driving a little fast and a little stressed because of it, and lost control?

There are many ways she could have accidentally driven into the pond—driving fast, blowing through stop sign, medical emergency, falling asleep while driving, hitting the accelerator instead of the break….

BUT I am having a hard time that her drive home from friend’s house was 15 min yet she was seen an hour and a half later at 4 am, then car pulled out of the lake no where near her home —even further away than the 4am sighting. Knowing her daughter needed the car at 5am.

I’m still leaning toward an accident, but I have questions. Like why was she even in Pearland? It doesn’t make sense, and I have a hard time believing she was lost for over an hour and a half when she was only a few minutes from home.

So she maybe took a wrong turn, had trouble getting back to where she wanted to be, worried about getting home in time for her daughter to take the car, maybe driving a little fast and a little stressed because of it, and lost control?
Perhaps dark, distracted, tired - didn’t see the stop sign and drove straight into the water?

I can totally see this, but I don’t believe she was just driving around lost for over an hour and a half. I think she must have been meeting someone, and I wonder if that person has come forward.
Perhaps her ex/children’s father? I don’t see her meeting up with a new friend in the middle of the night. JMO

Did Erica work in that area? I can’t remember if any of the articles mentioned where she worked.

As far as tolls, I don’t think it ever occurred to me she may be trying to avoid them and this is why she ended up where she did. Good question though @MimosaMornings !:)
But I often wondered if the cameras on the tollway may have caught something.

@ChuckInHouston Just genuinely curious to your reasoning behind why you think she wasn’t avoiding tolls. :)

She called a strange phone number that know one knew, in the early hours before she went missing.
Surely the person who she called must have lived that way?
FBI/LE need to find out who it was and where they lived. It may be innocent, and not connected to her accident. That's if it WAS an accident or course.

Let's hope toxicology reports come through with the details soon. Then we'll hopefully know if drink/drugs were involved.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back