Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s Franz Lake? Could that be where BM hid the body, and the FBI somehow had it figured out, and had him meet them there to spook him big time? And then sprang “voter fraud” on him? BM could so have blurted something... And I’m not sure too many defense attorneys would be interested in going to Franz Lake: a tête à tête with the FBI might go better in a conference room.

aah.. It’s Frantz Lake in Salida. This could have played a role? It’s popular with fishermen.

Is there a cafe at the Lake? Curious place to meet up..

I mean, how epicly dumb is it to murder your wife, and then fraudulently vote for her months later and sign your name as the witness.

That is next level dumb.
I visualize him squirming in his seat
waiting for the FBI agent’s to come into the room. I’m not a betting person, but l believe the agents would’ve let him stare at the walls for a few minutes, before walking in the room.
He takes the front of line for being the dumbest individual, fully aware LE was watching his every move. A new kind of dumb. There are many adjectives for dump, and he fits most of them. l could go on for sometime, but my fingers would eventually get tired of clicking away on my iPhone.

This is just an idea that has passed through my mind...

I wonder, as many here have, what the reactions/emotions/ etc. the daughters have towards this whole situation...

Perhaps they are NOT in total agreement?

Perhaps one is still "standing by her man" (BM)...
and the other is finding the evidence/information too hard to dismiss?

This could present another level of conflict with the poor girls!

JMO...

Is there a cafe at the Lake? Curious place to meet up..

I just did a quick Google Map “drive” around the Franz reservoir near Salida, especially county roads 160 and 154. All I could see was open land, private dwellings, a quarry and a contractors’ yard. No obvious place for Barry to meet with the FBI. Perhaps that was where he was working on that day and it was easier for the agents to meet him on site?

I just did a quick Google Map “drive” around the Franz reservoir near Salida, especially county roads 160 and 154. All I could see was open land, private dwellings, a quarry and a contractors’ yard. No obvious place for Barry to meet with the FBI. Perhaps that was where he was working on that day and it was easier for the agents to meet him on site?

There are mountain bike trails and a nearby cemetery. The river runs right past the reservoir.

Dumb as a bag of rocks. You would think that he would do everything in his power not to draw LE’s attention to him, knowing that the slightest slip up could nail him.
Maybe, he thought, it would be also a nice proof of innocence in his wife's disappearing/murder? Only the husband, who thinks, his wife will return, will fraudulently take over the election for her? He could have said, but didn't, haha.
I'm wondering, if BM used the method within his many business affairs too .....

Good morning to those of you in the U.K. who slept through last nights additional charges drama! Just caught up! Hopefully today will be the day that we get to see the AA - fingers crossed!

Justice for Suzanne, and all other victims of DV.

Good morning to those of you in the U.K. who slept through last nights additional charges drama! Just caught up! Hopefully today will be the day that we get to see the AA - fingers crossed!
Justice for Suzanne, and all other victims of DV.

Morning. I went to bed at 10pm knowing something would come out. Always happens!!! I'm sure ready for today. 3am in CO, c'mon wakey wakey

This is just an idea that has passed through my mind...

I wonder, as many here have, what the reactions/emotions/ etc. the daughters have towards this whole situation...

Perhaps they are NOT in total agreement?

Perhaps one is still "standing by her man" (BM)...
and the other is finding the evidence/information too hard to dismiss?

This could present another level of conflict with the poor girls!

JMO...

This is my gut feeling also. That difference, if it exists, could make all of it so much more difficult for them.

It is my fervent hope that they will be able to be there for each other and find comfort together, no matter what happens in court and/or how they individually perceive what their dad’s involvement might be.
My heart goes out to them!

Morning. I went to bed at 10pm knowing something would come out. Always happens!!! I'm sure ready for today. 3am in CO, c'mon wakey wakey

I'm in Oz so I'll probably still be in bed and miss out on the initial excitement. I wonder what time we'll be able to access the AA
Was just thinkin same thing seekingjustice
its 7pm+ Friday night in Australia ...
It will drop while we are sleeping for sure!
Hoping there will be lots to catch up on in the morning :)

I think BM has a long history of a kind of magical thinking enforced by bullying. He doesn't like the way things are, he just decides for himself that they are the way he wants them to be and he bullies anyone who challenges that contention and then MAKES things as he wants them to be.

Probably got away with it about little things and then bigger things, and then even bigger things. Every enabling helped ensure success and every success made him more confident things were as they should be.

Agreed. And so far we’ve seen three, child like ways that BM handles being blamed for something:

1. Bullying & Intimidation

2. I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed

3. Blame others for what he did wrong (my crew of meth heads)

If that is his approach to life. Cheat, steal, kill and then try to use those excuses to cover up. It ain’t gonna fool LE one bit.

DBM
Thanks @SouthAussie ! I had came to edit my post but seen you had replied! Sorry.
The timing is just confusing on these latest charges to me. First pick him up for First degree murder THEN charge him for the fraud.
Seems that's something they could have picked him up for back in October or November.
JMO

Last edited:
AND that ballot was not caught until now! How was it not thrown out without the actual signature?
If scanned, why was it not rejected?

It was rejected .. prior to the election.

According to the arrest affidavit, investigators responded to the Chaffee County Clerk and Recorder’s Office after the clerk made a report of alleged voter fraud in October of 2020.
SUZANNE MORPHEW: Husband, accused in her murder, charged with submitting presidential ballot in her name | FOX31 Denver

Yes, seems like a strategic decision to wait to interview and charge him. JMO.

Yes, and/or a matter of how much work the FBI had to do and when they had the opportunity to get around to interviewing him.
There was a lot of hullabulloo around the election, followed thereafter by the Jan 6th riot ... a lot of work for the FBI on top of their usual caseload.

Last edited:
Well for crying out loud.
I step away for a few hours for family time and Barry's charged with freaking voter fraud. o_O
Looks like the forensic accountant geniuses whipped out the ULTRA-fine toothed combs.
But still...
Is he seriously this stupid?
Sorry, yes, clearly he is.
I'm so sorry, Suzanne. :(

So a worker at The county looks down tallying absentee ballots and sees Suzanne Morphews name on ballot. That would be incredibly shockimg.

So a worker at The county looks down tallying absentee ballots and sees Suzanne Morphews name on ballot. That would be incredibly shockimg.
There must be something seriously wrong with BM's judgement if he thought he was going to get away with that.
Who would break the law while being under investigation?
Of course who in their right mind would murder the loving mother of their children?
What a fool.

I have no way of knowing but I suspect they were investigating any “signs of life” for poor Suzanne in making their case for a murder charge and this came up.

In general different law enforcement agencies will work together and will prioritize more serious crimes. So this could have been ready to charge since November but they may have waited for the murder case to be charged first.
Why did they sit on it, what purpose is served by delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member