Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 25-46, UP73376, wrapped in plastic in tupperware bin, tattoo, Jul'20 - namus removed

I'm very frustrated. I'm sure I recently read about a missing African American woman while searching for another case. Nothing was off in the house, no leads...the only thing that was missing from the house was a large tub. I can't find it now....can't remember anymore where she came from or other details...not even the case I was researching.....grrrrr. :( Maybe it comes back to me.

I was able to find two shooting deaths which occurred on May 11, 2008 in Philadelphia.
Alvin Ortiz, 22, of the 3400 block of Emerald Street in Kensington
Nathanial Nash, 19, of the 2500 block of North 17th Street in North Philadelphia
Three other men were injured in shootings on that date, I don't know if they survived. I couldn't find any follow up for them.
Separate shootings kill two young Phila. men
Shootings kill 2, injure 3 others

Keep in mind a lot of nicknames don't reflect real names and not all obituaries/death notices are online.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this case. Consider this:

Usually, people get tattoos like that when they are younger to commemorate the death of a friend or close loved one who lost their life to short.

Based on that we can assume the victim was between 18-35 in 2008. So shes probably between 30-50.

More importantly, Jassy is probably short for Jasmine, Jasmina, Jazmyne. Something like that, although it cold be Jossy that would mean its probably short for Josecelym and the spellings therof. I believe it's a female, an not a male as usually you dont get roses to commemorate the death of a male friend

"Jassy/Jossy" would be a female between the ages of 5-20 in 2008. I hope these things can help.

I started a WS thread (only NamUs profile posted thus far) for Amy E. Fowler whose NamUs profile was created 24 Aug 2020. I did a very basic search for any MP alerts, etc. with no luck. I wonder what's her story? The circumstances on her profile are a bit confusing, imo. I'm curious to know whether she is this deceased lady.

Amy E. Fowler
Date of Last Contact July 7, 2020
Missing From Knoxville, Tennessee
Missing Age 44 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 90 lbs
Hair Color Red/Auburn
Eye Color Blue

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 7/4/2020 subject left home because she thought her husband was having an affair. She made contact on 7/3/2020 via text message stating that she could not come home because someone had stolen her keys. She has not been seen or heard from since.

I started a WS thread (only NamUs profile posted thus far) for Amy E. Fowler whose NamUs profile was created 24 Aug 2020. I did a very basic search for any MP alerts, etc. with no luck. I wonder what's her story? The circumstances on her profile are a bit confusing, imo. I'm curious to know whether she is this deceased lady.

Amy E. Fowler
Date of Last Contact July 7, 2020
Missing From Knoxville, Tennessee
Missing Age 44 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 90 lbs
Hair Color Red/Auburn
Eye Color Blue

Circumstances of Disappearance
On 7/4/2020 subject left home because she thought her husband was having an affair. She made contact on 7/3/2020 via text message stating that she could not come home because someone had stolen her keys. She has not been seen or heard from since.

This seems possible, but unfortunately no pictures of anything have been released is there a reason for that? Is this how missing people are treated in Tennessee?

i've decided to go after the jassy angle again... sooo... my first finds are:

Jason Scott Marrer, NH: Jason Scott Marrer (1984-2008) - Find A Grave...
Jason Mathew Martin, CA: Jason Mathew Martin (1972-2008) - Find A Grave...
Jason Wayne Milwrick, CA: SGT Jason Wayne Milwrick (1981-2008) - Find A...
Jasmine Marie Moore, NC: Jasmine Marie Moore (2008-2008) - Find A Grave...

If someone has time to help me research: The last one was a stillbirth, the following surnames are mentioned:

Daughter of Jerome Anthony and Barbara Jo (Trigleth) Moore.
Great granddaughter of Eric Vinson and Anneliese (Siebenlist) Gillikin.

The Chicano letter S looks a lot like the one in the tattoo, So it could also be Sassy IMO. This is a woman with a tattoo "sassy" on her back, but she also has an unknown one on her chest. I presume the remains were not that badly decomposed that a chest tattoo couldn't be found. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

alphabet_chicano_capital_tattoo_design_LQ.jpg

For the record. The Namus file of this woman is down now. Also this file https://oag.ca.gov/missing/person/jessie-elizabeth-freitas

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone's suggested this match yet (no exclusions listed on Namus), but Amy Jo Okane (MP53819) is listed as having a rose tattoo on her left shoulder - the same location as UP73376.

Just submitted this as a potential match. We'll see what happens.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

we looked at this missing person when Jane Doe was first found; we believe that Amy Jo’s tattoo is actually in her arm by the shoulder but Jane Doe’s tattoo is on her back at the shoulder. She hasn’t been excluded however so I’m interested in the response to your submission

A couple ideas from Namus:

Unfortunately im not as saavy as you all but i hope this helps:

If she is indeed caucasian now:
NamUs #MP80104Stacey L Smith, Female, White / Caucasian

Why: Similar height and weight as UID and last phone ping in Philadelphia a couple months prior.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP80089Melissa Henson, Female, White / Caucasian

Why: Similar height. Known to have frequented Philadelphia area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back