Found Deceased NV - Amari Nicholson, 2, Las Vegas east of strip, 5 May 2021

Of course there were warning signs, to a "normal" person who's not being abused. What people fail to see is that this IS some people's normal. These "warning signs" you see, could be her confirmation she's loved. Ever hear the phrase "negative attention is better than no attention"?
There's a ton of information out there on what happens to people when they are physically and emotionally abused. It's valuable information when trying to make sense of these situations.

I was abused by my mother and raped by my father. So what. That is absolutely no excuse for letting my children be abused or abusing them my self. NO EXCUSE.

I heard a whole bunch of how this has affected me, how he betrayed me. What I am not hearing is much about her anger, her heartbreak over what Amari suffered at the hands of TR in his final moments. Maybe it's her youth, maybe it's her upbringing (I've seen rumors from SM in this thread indicating it maybe wasn't the best), but I sure do wish the focus was more on Amari and what he suffered than how everyone is picking on mom. JMO.

Thank You

ADMIN NOTE:

Thread is open again.

Please stay on topic and tone down the bickering and attitudes in this thread or there will be some serious Time Outs issued.

If you can't post respectfully, politely, without taking jabs at other members, you won't be allowed to post.

Last edited:
I heard a whole bunch of how this has affected me, how he betrayed me. What I am not hearing is much about her anger, her heartbreak over what Amari suffered at the hands of TR in his final moments. Maybe it's her youth, maybe it's her upbringing (I've seen rumors from SM in this thread indicating it maybe wasn't the best), but I sure do wish the focus was more on Amari and what he suffered than how everyone is picking on mom. JMO.
I posted the same thing in regards to TN Mom, it was all about her. So maybe it's generational. Not being snarky, just pointing out how children in this family aren't protected.

This ^^^

I was abused by my mother and raped by my father. So what. That is absolutely no excuse for letting my children be abused or abusing them my self. NO EXCUSE.
I'm so sorry abr. I was not abused to that extend but my childhood was rough. I think that's why my children were and are everything to me. I would lay down my life for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
19 mins ago
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The I-Team has learned there were concerns about 2-year-old Amari Nicholson’s safety, leading up to his death.

Sources tell us within the past year, there was at least one report made to Child Protective Services (CPS), alleging abuse. The agency looked into the allegation but closed the case without taking further action.

We reached out to CPS, but a spokesman says state law prohibits them from discussing specific individuals.

Now, Terrell Rhodes is accused of killing the toddler.

Carrie Howard, Amari’s maternal grandmother, told the I-Team Monday loved ones had been concerned about the safety of the child since his mother started dating Rhodes last year.

Vanessa Murphy: ‘Do you think if CPS had investigated more after these calls you’re saying the family made, do you think Amari would be safe right now?’

Howard: ‘Yes, ma’am. He’d be just fine.’” (BBM)
I-Team: Sources indicate there may have been warning signs toddler was in danger
Video at the link

of course there was ... there always is

In a TV interview, TN’s mother said that relatives contacted CPS about abuse or neglect of Amari in 2020. Clark County CPS has admitted that it investigated the complaint but did not find any evidence. If there was in fact any abuse or neglect taking place, it was done by someone other than TR because he was locked up in prison during all of 2020 for robbery and assault.

In a TV interview, TN’s mother said that relatives contacted CPS about abuse or neglect of Amari in 2020. Clark County CPS has admitted that it investigated the complaint but did not find any evidence. If there was in fact any abuse or neglect taking place, it was done by someone other than TR because he was locked up in prison during all of 2020 for robbery and assault.

Hmmm. CPS in Clark County did a complete and throurogh investigation. Of course.

Kudos to maternal grandmother for not sitting silent, refusing to comment - she’s standing up for her grandson.

Flat out said that in her opinion, her daughter knew more than she was telling. F
Now she’s stated that the family had called CPS -
Before the murderer was released from prison!

So, clearly the issue was, at least in some fashion, Mom.

MAY 14, 2021
Report: Allegation of neglect filed last year related to Amari Nicholson's family | KSNV (news3lv.com)
An allegation of neglect was filed last year in relation to 2-year-old Amari Nicholson's family, according to a report sent to state officials this week.

The Clark County Department of Family Services stated in a fatality notification that it had one report related to the toddler, his family or his household on June 10.

The report alleged neglect, but an investigation found the allegations unsubstantiated and the case was closed on July 14, according to the report.

[...]

Neglect report dismissed months before boy found dead, records show - Las Vegas Sun Newspaper
Eleven months before 2-year-old Amari Nicholson was found dead, the Clark County Division of Child and Family Services investigated a child neglect allegation at his home, but the child was deemed safe, agency records show.

The agency, which on June 10 received a report alleging neglect, closed its investigation a month later after determining there was no merit to the accusation, the records show.

[...]

I feel like the ex boyfriend had more appropriate reactions to the loss of this child. He is angry. He is disgusted. And you can see it. I'm guessing that Amari had the most parental protection and caregiving from him. Reminds me of Relisha Rudds step dad. To me, it is a glaring difference between reactions and makes one seem much more genuine and honest, when laid out side by side.

Imagine getting up every morning and having to look at the name of the man that MURDERED your son tattooed on your neck ..

And then look at the face of your baby tattooed on your arm

I noticed she hides her arm tattoo of Amari’s face in every interview

Attachments

• DB0A7606-D8D3-48BF-9BB0-C8F05AB2F6AF.jpeg
    DB0A7606-D8D3-48BF-9BB0-C8F05AB2F6AF.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 123
Imagine getting up every morning and having to look at the name of the man that MURDERED your son tattooed on your neck ..

And then look at the face of your baby tattooed on your arm

I noticed she hides her arm tattoo of Amari’s face in every interview
what a beautiful tattoo. the neck one is total scratcher and hastily done. i hope she covers it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back