Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not thinking this was a planned meeting given the time constraints that morning. Unless it was a quick stop on his way home. And he was last seen close to home. I really feel like this is where he was headed.
I agree.

I think that the most common scenario for a man’s body turning up in the woods in walking distance from his abandoned car is self-harm.

Of course all possibilities must be investigated and for all we know there may be lots of evidence pointing to foul play (from the vehicle, from the phone and apps, from footage of who drove the vehicle to Kitty Street and when, and now his body etc.).

Perhaps Mr. White, if he was using an app to arrange to meet someone, hadn't arranged meetup until finished gassing up. Such as perhaps done from the Church's lot. To me, the lingering meant something was up. You don't linger for no reason.
I have the same thoughts.
Either he was going to meet someone and wasn’t sure where the meeting will take place or if it was self harm he was pondering to do it or not and where.

I’m not really hung up on the meeting thing, it might have been postponed or cancelled altogether for some reason after he left the fitness or while he was there. We don’t know. LE might, if they already have his phone records and the records of his online activities.

If AW was secretly meeting someone there, not parking near the woods could be intentional to distance himself from the scene. Ditto if he committed suicide to disconnect the car from the place. I have no idea if those are woods where you can go just to take a walk in? If someone lured him over there, there must be a digital trail of it. I hope so anyway.

If someone only wanted to dispose his body there, it could have helped that there are some parking places close to the edge of the woods so one can drive there with a body.

At last, at risk of sounding like a broken record, people do kill themselves while just having made a reservation to eat out with friends in a few days, or right after grocery shopping or after having made an appointment to go to the hairdresser or wherever. In that case the upcoming meeting wouldn’t matter to him anymore.

All IMO

I agree.

I think that the most common scenario for a man’s body turning up in the woods in walking distance from his abandoned car is self-harm.

Of course all possibilities must be investigated and for all we know there may be lots of evidence pointing to foul play (from the vehicle, from the phone and apps, from footage of who drove the vehicle to Kitty Street and when, and now his body etc.).
Unfortunately I agree, and the first thing that came to my mind with his body being found close to the car is self harm.

I think this is the only reason he would have voluntarily driven there. If he were truly planning to get back for a 7am meeting and before his husband got worried, he would never have driven all the way to South Dallas to meet someone at that time of day. There’s a very good chance he wouldn’t have made it home in time. And he wouldn’t have driven north almost to his home to turn around and drive back south.

But he also could have been taken from North Dallas to South Dallas and disposed of in the woods. I just don’t think him driving there for any other reason but self harm makes sense.

This is where I am too. Wondering if it was a team of two. They spot their victim, follow, jump /car jack, disable victim, drive him to wooded area, kill him, leave him, both perps drive away. With his car getting so much attention they dump the car after a couple of days.

MOO
ITA, that theory makes a lot of sense until we know more about COD that might contradict it. RIP Alan.

Don't the police usually say "no foul play suspected" when its a clear suicide?

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Even if you found someone:
-shot in the head with a gun nearby
-hanging from a tree, or after 7 months on the ground with a noose (around the neck or on a tree branch above)
- with a pill bottle and drinking bottle near the body
the medical examiner needs to examine the remains and LE needs to process the scene to be able to say there was no violence and nobody else involved.

I just don't see self-harm as likely.
It could be the car was spotless because he was forced to leave or tricked into leaving the car and nothing took place in the car.
IMO.
So he went in de woods after? They trick him leaving the car and they don’t leave with the car? That doesn’t make much sense to me. Then again, I’m not a criminal so not much makes sense to me about any crime.

RSBM.

I disagree. I often pull my car over in order to send a text, make a note, enter an item on my calendar, check the financial markets, scan a receipt, check my email, place a grocery item on order lest I forget, check the weather ... the list is endless really.

I see others doing this as well, all day long.
Well, yeah. Sending a text is exactly why I'd guess he was lingering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member