Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side, very glad to learn about Paul Quinn College!

RIP, Mr. White, peace and comfort to your loved ones.
Just looked at their web site. You're quite right about the college.
"Not many, especially in Texas, would turn their football field into a sustainable farm. But that’s exactly how we’ve grown more than 30,000 pounds of fresh, organic produce for not only our campus but for those in our community."
Added: it's an urban counterpart to other" work colleges" like Berea and Warren Wilson.

Last edited:
I still believe he was carjacked, perhaps he was stalling at the front of the gas station because someone was checking out his car or made him uncomfortable and he was waiting to return to it.
Makes me wonder if perhaps AW filled up the rental car and proceeded to Park Place via "back roads" from the Race Track - i.e. turned off Inwood onto Cedar Springs or another street in order to get to Park Place which is on Inwood, I believe. There are a couple of routes he could have followed on these less traveled streets that would have led to an arrival at Park Place Porsche from the back side thus avoiding having to make a U-turn on Inwood to get into Park Place. It would also explain why he was not seen by the CVS cameras at Lemon / Inwood. Perhaps he wanted to return the rental car early, before his conference call? This could also explain his going to the different gas station - so the rental would be completely full when returned to Park Place. Just a thought.

Not sure what time Park Place opens for rental returns but I am guessing that it would be pretty early in the morning. This could explain Alan "killing time" at the RaceTrac - waiting for Park Place to open, perhaps. And, would expose him to the possibility of being car-jacked or otherwise attacked on one of the quieter side streets while never passing the CVS location.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if perhaps AW filled up the rental car and proceeded to Park Place via "back roads" from the Race Track - i.e. turned off Inwood onto Cedar Springs or another street in order to get to Park Place which is on Inwood, I believe. There are a couple of routes he could have followed on these less traveled streets that would have led to an arrival at Park Place Porsche from the back side thus avoiding having to make a U-turn on Inwood to get into Park Place. It would also explain why he was not seen by the CVS cameras at Lemon / Inwood. Perhaps he wanted to return the rental car early, before his conference call? This could also explain his going to the different gas station - so the rental would be completely full when returned to Park Place. Just a thought.

Not sure what time Park Place opens for rental returns but I am guessing that it would be pretty early in the morning. This could explain Alan "killing time" at the RaceTrac - waiting for Park Place to open, perhaps. And, would expose him to the possibility of being car-jacked or otherwise attacked on one of the quieter side streets while never passing the CVS location.

Park Place | New & Used Luxury Cars | Dallas/Fort Worth

It says service hours start at 8 a.m. so that possibility seems quite unlikely - if you're saying that he might have returned the rental and get his regular car back.

My opinion from the beginning is this was a robbery/car jacking that ended in a senseless murder. I’ve never heard anything of the Coach bag being found or located. People have killed for much less than a designer bag. Such a sad case. Thank god his family now has closure.

Good find. In addition, AW's husband would have known about his to visit the dealership and wouldn't have been "worried" at 6:30 and "panicked" by 6:45.

And surely the car dealer/garage that deals in such high-end cars would have a pick up/drop-off at home option, so Alan wouldn't have needed to visit. They would have come to him.

A medical condition could have been why he was considered endangered?
At the beginning, I though it was odd just how worried his husband became within minutes of him not being home. Perhaps there was something he knew about, physical or mental that he has kept private (which he is entitled to do of course).

The carjacking story-line also always bothered me because he was so close to home and in a locked, moving car; not impossible, just improbable.

Car neatly parked in a secluded area.

Perhaps more details will come out but I fear this one might go dark publicly anyway.

What a sad, though expected, ending :-(

My anti-theories:
  1. Driving all the way there to go cruising —> unlikely because of his upcoming call that morning. A quicky is one thing, but driving ca. 30 miles in total if you have a meeting to catch, no.
  2. Meeting someone in the College Park —> unlikely because he would've taken the car keys with him. I also doubt he would've parked the car uphill in that weird little spot (marked red in my pic below)
  3. Car-hijacking during the very short drive from the gas station to home, at a time when the first commuters are well on their way —> possible, but unlikely. Also no signs of struggle in the car, as far as we know.
My only theory is that he went there to take his own life. But, that immediately gets contradicted by the hidden car. Sorry, I'm not being too helpful here, just ruling out three scenarios IMHO.

As for the spot where he was found: I believe that to be north of where the Porsche was located. I am not sure if that wooded area is still part of the College Park, but Google Maps shows that the College Park, with its tennis court, butts up against the road (Bonnie View Road), so it's possible the survey crew regularly checks the woods just across the road?

qNymxHL.png

My anti-theories:
  1. Driving all the way there to go cruising —> unlikely because of his upcoming call that morning. A quicky is one thing, but driving ca. 30 miles in total if you have a meeting to catch, no.
  2. Meeting someone in the College Park —> unlikely because he would've taken the car keys with him. I also doubt he would've parked the car uphill in that weird little spot (marked red in my pic below)
  3. Car-hijacking during the very short drive from the gas station to home, at a time when the first commuters are well on their way —> possible, but unlikely. Also no signs of struggle in the car, as far as we know.
My only theory is that he went there to take his own life. But, that immediately gets contradicted by the hidden car. Sorry, I'm not being too helpful here, just ruling out three scenarios IMHO.

As for the spot where he was found: I believe that to be north of where the Porsche was located. I am not sure if that wooded area is still part of the College Park, but Google Maps shows that the College Park, with its tennis court, butts up against the road (Bonnie View Road), so it's possible the survey crew regularly checks the woods just across the road?

qNymxHL.png
Mr. White's remains were found approx. 3,500 feet due northeast of where his car was found. If not a suicide (as Mr. White's brother asserted (based on what info we do not know) after LE informed him of recovery of the remains) then it would seem to me two murder scenarios are most probable.
1) Apparently, body was found near the terminus of Bishop College Road. As your aerial shows, that looks like a pretty darn convenient spot to dump a body. So in this scenario killer, driving the Macan with Mr. White's body in it, pulled up to the terminus, dragged body into woods, and may well have dumped the car within a minutes or two in vacant lot off nearby Kitty St. where it was found. Killer in this scenario knew this neighborhood. Arguing against this theory is that the Macan was found clean, though wet. And who in the world would have wanted Mr. White dead?
2) The 'cruising' scenario. In this scenario, the wooded/secluded College Park would have been rendezvous site. Is College Park known for such activity? I don't know. The pending 7/7:30am zoom meeting argues against this.
college-park-google-maps-png.297390

Attachments

• College-Park-Google-Maps.png
    College-Park-Google-Maps.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one. Car hijacking with tragic results. People are often killed in these situations for little or no reason. The perps are often on drugs, young, impulsive, easily panicked and prompted to violence.

His partner would have been worried because he was driving to return a luxury car in a very sketchy neighborhood. Per an earlier post, I did a Google street view walk around of the area around the gas station and confirmed there were many sketchy, homeless people right in that spot. I counted at least 4 or 5 people who looked homeless, w/o cars, one looked like he was doing drugs, all within about 50 yards of the gas pump where Alan was seen gassing up the car.

The locals probably targeted people returning luxury rental cars to that business to rob or carjack. Such a shame, I feel so sorry for Alan, his family and friends.

Mr. White's remains were found approx. 3,500 feet due northeast of where his car was found
college-park-google-maps-png.297390

Thanks for posting this map.
I'm just not seeing Mr. White parking the car off of Kitty St. (reportedly a 'sketchy' area) and then walking down several streets and through College Park to get to near where Bishop College Dr. ends at the park.
JMO but sounds like an attempted robbery/carjacking gone wrong.
MOO.

My anti-theories:

qNymxHL.png
I agree. I can’t find a situation/theory that makes sense in this case. I don’t think it was suicide for reasons I’ve stated earlier and because of what the brother posted. MOO

Carjacking is a possibility. However, where the car was found, in near perfect condition and where the body was found. I’m just not feeling it. MOO

I’m leaning towards a meetup gone wrong but the time line doesn’t quite fit. MOO

Whether we get more information or not, I pray the family gets the answers they need and that justice is served if Alan was murdered.
MOO

I agree. I can’t find a situation/theory that makes sense in this case. I don’t think it was suicide for reasons I’ve stated earlier and because of what the brother posted. MOO

Carjacking is a possibility. However, where the car was found, in near perfect condition and where the body was found. I’m just not feeling it. MOO

I’m leaning towards a meetup gone wrong but the time line doesn’t quite fit. MOO

Whether we get more information or not, I pray the family gets the answers they need and that justice is served if Alan was murdered.
MOO
Meet up gone wrong could still be the case if the meeting was last minute cancelled or postponed. I’m not convinced “we” would be informed about that.

Here, in Australia, even quite early on, if it's a suicide, listed below are links to groups like Beyond Blue, Lifeline etc.

Sometimes I never did see anywhere where the Police actually came out and said it. Maybe it's an LE way of being a bit more sensitive to the
family ?

Unfortunately in the US, many families feel shame and try to hide the facts when a family member dies of suicide, and therefore LE often does not disclose self-harm.

These dynamics are shifting as there is more awareness around mental health matters, but this older practice in regards to LE still persists.

Have we heard a specific comment from LE about what shape the car was in? Frankly, I wouldn’t rely the least bit on a journalist saying that the car was ‘spotless,’ not to mention that LE has been known to shade the truth, or downright lie, on matters like this.

Meet up gone wrong could still be the case if the meeting was last minute cancelled or postponed. I’m not convinced “we” would be informed about that.
Good point. I suppose it could have been cancelled/postponed after he was already parked where his car was found. But then what happened after that and why would he get out of the car as opposed to driving home? So many questions. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151