Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Alan’s husband know he had a conference call at 7am?

Was it a zoom (which I find unusual due to the 7am time) or a quick conference call with a client/coworker/manager (most likely EST time)?

I’ve put conference calls or meetings in my schedule to block off personal time. Or to hide where I actually was from nosy people.

“I was running late so I just took the call from the car!”

JMO

My feeling is that if this is a "private" matter we will not hear anything more from LE on this case.

If there is more to it, we will get a brief statement like "foul-play is suspected in the death of..." and then silence until there is an arrest.
Or no foul play is suspected....
Have we heard a specific comment from LE about what shape the car was in? Frankly, I wouldn’t rely the least bit on a journalist saying that the car was ‘spotless,’ not to mention that LE has been known to shade the truth, or downright lie, on matters like this.
In fact, I think the information about the car being clean and “wet” came from Alan’s niece? I don’t think we’ve ever gotten LE confirmation. And even the cctv video from the gas station came from family, not LE, which I always thought was weird. Moo

Could be something really easy along the lines of "I'll hit the gym a bit earlier tomorrow, because I've got a call with Joe at 7:00 — you need anything from RaceTrac?"

7:00 local time could suggest a call with Europe and/or Asia, which would certainly not be unheard of when working at KPMG.

Freely speculating:
It never dawned on me that the call may well have been cancelled. If the other party was based overseas, that cancel email would have come in at night Dallas-time. Alan only saw the cancellation after he got up early, went to the gym anyway and decided to have a rendezvous after.

That would actually explain the loitering at the gas station (killing a bit of time), interacting with his phone, police obtaining court order to access data..

But sadly, that doesn't explain the odd location for the car and the fact that the keys were inside.

For me, what makes the most sense is that he had arrainged to meet someone that morning, and his husband knew nothing about it. Possibly he thought he had enough time for a quick meeting (and by meeting I am not insinuating anything untoward, he could have been planning to make a purchase off FB marketplace or craigslist or some other genuinely innocent, quick meeting that he definitely would have had time for, before his zoom call or whatever it was).

Although, the immediate sort of panic by the husband has always made me wonder if he suspected something.

If a meeting was planned and Alan and the other person both attended, I think the person was a monster, and did something awful to him. In some way, he disposed of Alan where he was found, and disposed of his rental at the locally known dumping spot on Kitty Street. So this monster is most certainly a local, who knows what kind of area Kitty Street is.

Since the location of Alan's remains and the location of his recovered rental car are so close together, whoever dumped his car there, likely just walked back to his own car, wherever that was parked, got in and drove away.

My hope is, now that Alan has been found, LE will find more evidence on him or his clothing that will utimately ID whoever left him there.

jmo

Good point. I suppose it could have been cancelled/postponed after he was already parked where his car was found. But then what happened after that and why would he get out of the car as opposed to driving home? So many questions. MOO
He might have known it already when he came out the fitness and then initiated a meet up with someone for whatever reason, lingered at the gas station waiting for the answer. After awhile he might have had enough of waiting, decided to go home and while he was driving home he got an answer and then went on to meet that said person.
Speculation only, because we don’t know if AW’s planned conference call/online meeting that morning was in fact postponed/cancelled or if he really was going to meet someone.

Or maybe there wasn’t any online meeting scheduled for that morning, and AW only said that because he wouldn’t wanted to go somewhere with someone from the household that morning. We may never know.

Whatever the truth is, I hope the family will get answers and if someone did this to him hopefully there is enough evidence to get justice for AW.

Although, the immediate sort of panic by the husband has always made me wonder if he suspected something.
For sure. I'd be thinking, stuck in traffic, ran out of gas, call canceled, etc., before I'd be in a panic calling hospitals. Unless I knew of a severe health condition, or maybe a habit of risky behavior.

Last edited:
I agree that it is odd that the husband panicked so quickly -- but we don't know what the meeting was all about. Maybe it was an important "break it or make it" type of meeting, with their (financial) future at peril. Just speculating, of course, but the panic seems to hint very strongly at a "I can't believe he's about to be late for this..!" type of vibe.

MOO.

(PS: I just want to say that, despite the topics discussed here, this is truly a wonderful, polite and intelligent community!)

I am just seeing this.....heartbreaking.
I am so sorry for his husband and loved ones.:( Alan came across as such a fine man.

Strange though since he was so close to home that morning, on his way. Iirc, he had turned onto the road to home, and then vanished before a particular intersection on that road.

I only hope now, that if his death is due to foul play (if that can even be determined after all this time), and I've always believed that to be the case, that his killer will be apprehended.

So sad.....

I mapped out his routes. It looked like he initially was headed from LA Fitness to Paul Quinn College, taking 75 South. But then changed his mind and turned around the went to pump up gas at a gas station that was on his way back home.

Perhaps at the gas station, he changed his mind and headed back to the college?

Locations:

2011: Home that he renovated, 3947 Fairfax Ave, Dallas, TX 75209
2013: Moves 2 blocks away, 5351 Livingston Ave, Dallas, TX 75209

10-22-20: Works out 3.6 miles from home, LA Fitness, 2690 N Haskell Ave., Dallas, TX 75204
- There are Valero and Shell gas stations (and a few others) on the shortest route from LA Fitness to his home

10-22-20: , 6 am: Pumps gas 4 miles away from LA Fitness, Race Trac, 2506 Inwood Rd, Dallas, TX 75235
- Gas station is 1.5 miles from home

5-13-21: Paul Quinn College, remains were found were in a wooded area the 5500 block of Bishop College Drive

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    691.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
For sure. I'd be thinking, stuck in traffic, ran out of gas, call canceled, etc., before I'd be in a panic calling hospitals. Unless I knew of a severe health condition, or maybe a habit of risky behavior.
Even if he was stuck in traffic, he could still have been contactable by phone. Maybe not being able to reach him (e.g. calls going directly to voicemail) was alarming enough. Or perhaps there was a previous scare.

I just remembered that the police upgraded the case at one point to "endangered missing", after they talked to White's spouse and family.

It's weird that he was found at block 5500 (I was wrong about the site where he was found, didn't catch that detail in one of the articles), as that is the dead-end of Bishop Drive, right in front of a house. Very dense foliage, not something you would force/drag someone through without drawing attention.

He/they could have entered the park from the lawn, adjacent to Highland Woods Drive. Once you turn a corner, you find yourself on a field completely surrounded by trees.

Seems very elaborate for a carjacking gone wrong...
Then again, so does parking your car at Kitty Street and walking all the way up to College Park - that's a 15-minute walk.

I mapped out his routes. It looked like he initially was headed from LA Fitness to Paul Quinn College, taking 75 South. But then changed his mind and turned around the went to pump up gas at a gas station that was on his way back home.

Locations:

10-22-20: Works out 3.6 miles from home, LA Fitness, 2690 N Haskell Ave., Dallas, TX 75204
- There are Valero and Shell gas stations (and a few others) on the shortest route from LA Fitness to his home

10-22-20: , 6 am: Pumps gas 4 miles away from LA Fitness, Race Trac, 2506 Inwood Rd, Dallas, TX 75235

5-13-21: Paul Quinn College, remains were found were in a wooded area the 5500 block of Bishop College Drive
When/where on this journey was his phone turned off and who did it?

I envision a scenario where he was flagged down or someone jumped in his car and once inside they forced him to drive. He may have pulled over near that open space area and tried to escape and was chased and killed by the perp. Perp then got back in the car and dumped it where it was found almost a mile away and made their way home. Are there any pull-offs on the perimeter of the area he was found in? Anywhere else nearby that he could have been taken to where he would have made a run for it into that area?
My opinions.

It just occurred to me that the reason Alan's partner might have panicked so very quickly is because he knew that Alan was having a quick meeting before returning home--perhaps to purchase something recreational?--and when he didn't return home right away, he suspected this meeting went badly. I don't know what kind of profession his partner is in, but for example, if he were a teacher he wouldn't want to tell anyone about this, not even police. Firstly, the police might not take the disappearances seriously, and secondly, it might hurt his own reputation and livelihood. Also, he was hoping Alan would come back alive, and neither one of them might want this information out there. I'm certainly not judging either one of them, but you know how it is. Even if they'd met up with this person in the past, the Porsche been too tempting to pass up? Sounds crazy but you never know.

Last edited:

Locations:

Where are you getting that he initially headed south toward Paul Quinn College and then turned back north toward RT/home?

Where are you getting that he initially headed south toward Paul Quinn College and then turned back north toward RT/home?
That's 1) the fastest route between LA Fitness and Race Trac and there's only 1 other gas station between the route and 2) the other routes take longer and there are multiple gas stations (including other Race Trac) along those routes.

It's an odd station to pick if his intent was to gas up before coming home.

That's 1) the fastest route between LA Fitness and Race Trac and there's only 1 other gas station between the route and 2) the other routes take longer and there are multiple gas stations (including other Race Trac) along those routes.

It's an odd station to pick if his intent was to gas up before coming home.
Ok but when you say you mapped out his route and it looked like he was heading to Paul Quinn College but changed his mind, are you just guessing that route? I’m trying to figure out if there was actual route info that I missed.
We speculated a lot early on why he would go to that RT and not his usual one on Lemmon Ave. There had been a robbery at a 7 11 on Lemmon that morning, and we speculated that perhaps he was avoiding the area because of that. And maybe he was loyal to RT or had a card there or something,. But we know this was not his usual RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher