SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

Sadly, as of yesterday, 7 years have come and gone with no arrest in Amber's case. I couldn't find any local news coverage either, which is also sad.
I find it difficult to understand why one case is well covered and another just can't get on the radar. Look at Delphi IN and the murder of the two girls. 50K in tips and abundance of media coverage. Nearby was suspected arson of a house that killed several family members, the Flora fire, and rarely do I hear anything on it. Even in Amber's case it gets little coverage and Heather Elvis's case still gets coverage. I'm concerned that this case is going to need a tip.

I did an online search today. Two True Crime Daily videos, one from 2018 and another from 2019, both of which I believe were posted previously. I suppose I knew about an unreleased video of her SUV with a person in the passenger seat taken shortly before she was killed, but I had forgotten about it. Nothing in local news though.

I did an online search today. Two True Crime Daily videos, one from 2018 and another from 2019, both of which I believe were posted previously. I suppose I knew about an unreleased video of her SUV with a person in the passenger seat taken shortly before she was killed, but I had forgotten about it. Nothing in local news though.

Could you please re-post the links you mentioned. I am not doubting what you are saying, but I have never seen them and would be most interested in taking a look at them. I saw one video where she was in a store and there was a man in front of her in line at checkout, but he was cleared.

Could you please re-post the links you mentioned. I am not doubting what you are saying, but I have never seen them and would be most interested in taking a look at them. I saw one video where she was in a store and there was a man in front of her in line at checkout, but he was cleared.
My apologies, as I didn't post the links because I didn't believe it did anything more than rehash what we already have. Although I'm trying to think back if I knew about the unreleased video.
Here is the August 2019 video:

Here is what they released in April 2018, but it is almost the same.
Part 1.
Part 2.

My apologies, as I didn't post the links because I didn't believe it did anything more than rehash what we already have. Although I'm trying to think back if I knew about the unreleased video.
Here is the August 2019 video:

Here is what they released in April 2018, but it is almost the same.
Part 1.
Part 2.

Thank you. I had never seen these.

In the 2 video clips just above, it's mentioned that law enforcement initially thought Amber had been shot in the face.
It was then stated she had not, that she died from blunt force trauma, that she'd been struck in the head "twice".
The reporter also a comment made to the affect that we don't know what she was killed with.
For the coroner to be able to determine Amber was hit in the head "twice" it seems there must have been 2 clearly separate wounds, likely with similar shape/characteristics. Has it been disclosed what authorities think might have been used?
And her body was found only a mile from the place she was last caught on camera, only a couple hours later?
Common sense would say that whomever was in the car with her is responsible or knows who is. I'm sure that's occurred to everyone yet I'm wondering how much of the investigation has been spent on figuring out who it was. Was there DNA/print testing done inside he car? If so, was anything found, with or without a match to criminal database?

In the 2 video clips just above, it's mentioned that law enforcement initially thought Amber had been shot in the face.
It was then stated she had not, that she died from blunt force trauma, that she'd been struck in the head "twice".
The reporter also a comment made to the affect that we don't know what she was killed with.
For the coroner to be able to determine Amber was hit in the head "twice" it seems there must have been 2 clearly separate wounds, likely with similar shape/characteristics. Has it been disclosed what authorities think might have been used?
And her body was found only a mile from the place she was last caught on camera, only a couple hours later?
Common sense would say that whomever was in the car with her is responsible or knows who is. I'm sure that's occurred to everyone yet I'm wondering how much of the investigation has been spent on figuring out who it was. Was there DNA/print testing done inside he car? If so, was anything found, with or without a match to criminal database?

BBM...Yes, LE did initially believe she was shot in the head due to the extensive wounds and her physical appearance. However, it was later determined that her head was crushed by a large rock or piece of concrete. The murder weapon was not found at the scene. She and her vehicle (still running) were found on the side of the road under an overpass. The fact that her car was still running tells me whatever happened, occurred very quickly.

While I am not certain of the distance from where she was last seen to where she was found, I know she was caught on a store convenience camera in Myrtle Beach and appeared to be alone. No one was seen with her in the store or in her car.

The motive is/was unknown. She was not robbed or raped. The fact that her wounds were so extensive tells me that she was killed by someone who either personally hated her or perhaps had a deep seeded hatred for women.

I do not have a link, but I am almost certain the crime scene (her car) was processed for fingerprints. Not sure about DNA.

I will add this, she was found on a road that she would not have normally taken on her way home from town. Why she was drove there is still a mystery. Maybe giving someone a ride to their home?

Very strange case. If it weren't for the method used to kill her I'd say it was a hit.
It would appear that it's someone she knew who must've had a gripe with her.

Everything I've seen indicates she was not into anything nefarious but that she would be kind enough to offer a ride or help people.

I realize family and friends could be in denial or attempt to keep her image/reputation clean but it is possible she got involved with something that would bring her to an area she "shouldn't be in".

Investigation Discovery’s ‘Still a Mystery: New Beginnings, Violent Endings’ looks at two unsolved murders that left the victims’ families with more questions than answers. One of them is the killing of Amber Berbiglia. The 23-year-old had her whole life ahead of her when she was found brutally murdered under a bridge in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The police were stumped with the case as it seemed to be a random killing and leads were hard to come by.

Episode Link: New Beginnings Violent Endings | Still a Mystery

I saw this case for the first time on Still a Mystery back in June and cannot get this young, beautiful woman off my mind. I am a local and after watching this I went to the area Amber was found and it is a place in 2021 that would have to be known by someone. This area has seen lots of development since 2013 so I can only imagine how different it would have been then. I've reached out to a person who said she lived in the same condo building as Amber and that she reported she heard scream(s) the day Amber was killed. She said she saw two men after that one of them she knew one she didn't but didn't know until the next day that Amber had been found murdered and that was when she saw Amber's mother/sister who were there to go into Amber's apartment. She reported the information to the police and gave them the name of the man she knew because he worked at the complex. I do not think any LE were involved in the demise of this beautiful woman - I think the Brittney Drexel and Heather Elvis cases has over-shadowed this one.

I can't believe it has been over 2 years since I checked up on this case. I believe the Heather Elvis case over shadowed this one. Now it has over 10 years and no resolution.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back