GUILTY NY - Edward Boucher, 65, Brighton, car found, 14 May 2021 *ARREST*

Rest in peace. I wonder what happened? I suppose if it’s foul play suspected I guess we’ll know, earlier I thought maybe a medical event but not thinking that now. Moo

Wow that's creepy.

Maybe it was Halloween at the time ?

Sometimes we find weird "stuff" on Google images in these cases. The link below is a zoomed-in look at the tree beside the house in the Twitter. At first, I thought it was a Halloween decoration, but it almost looks like it's still there in the video in the article. Just struck me as a bit weird. Shrugs JMOO

A new article with some more details, but no new statements from the police. The car was found parked less than a quarter-mile away from the house where the body was found (Google Maps).

Ted Boucher case: Police search Irondequoit NY home linked to death

Police returned to the home in the 400 block of Helendale Road Tuesday and Wednesday, apparently searching the home's interior for evidence.

Residents who were questioned by police Friday, and who were asked for any surveillance video, said they were told that Boucher was found outside of the Helendale Road home.

b633c61f-b78c-44e0-8e51-e80e31743190-IMG_8732.JPG

Last edited:
A new article with some more details, but no new statements from the police. The car was found parked less than a quarter-mile away from the house where the body was found (Google Maps).

Ted Boucher case: Police search Irondequoit NY home linked to death

Police returned to the home in the 400 block of Helendale Road Tuesday and Wednesday, apparently searching the home's interior for evidence.

Residents who were questioned by police Friday, and who were asked for any surveillance video, said they were told that Boucher was found outside of the Helendale Road home.

b633c61f-b78c-44e0-8e51-e80e31743190-IMG_8732.JPG
Mr Boucher was found deceased outside the home, yet LE has returned to search inside the home with the forensics team wearing coverings to avoid contamination of the scene. It's been a week so the ME has returned some initial findings by now. Yikes. What happened to this man?

Mr Boucher was found deceased outside the home, yet LE has returned to search inside the home with the forensics team wearing coverings to avoid contamination of the scene. It's been a week so the ME has returned some initial findings by now. Yikes. What happened to this man?
My speculation: He died on Friday after visiting the home in the evening. The motive could be private or business dealings. Did the neighbors hear anything? His body was likely taken outside and perhaps concealed in some way. There is also a garage at the back of the property and maybe other buildings. He was found the next afternoon. I wonder if neighborhood surveillance and search dogs led the police to the house.

Maybe he died overnight due to a medical episode, ie a heart attack. Outside the residence.

Do they know for sure if he was ever in that house. DNA ? Or that anyone in the house even knew him.

There have been cases here where people ran to get away from someone and ended up dying in a total strangers front yard.

Maybe he died overnight due to a medical episode, ie a heart attack. Outside the residence.

Do they know for sure if he was ever in that house. DNA ? Or that anyone in the house even knew him.

There have been cases here where people ran to get away from someone and ended up dying in a total strangers front yard.
I'm not sure why he would have spent the night at that location. Presumably his family reported him missing because he didn't return home. He was caught on home surveillance cameras in the evening parking his car on the adjacent street and walking away, so it's possible that other cameras also caught him near the house.

Maybe he didn't want his car to be seen right in front of or too close to wherever he was going.

I'm not sure why he would have spent the night at that location. Presumably his family reported him missing because he didn't return home. He was caught on home surveillance cameras in the evening parking his car on the adjacent street and walking away, so it's possible that other cameras also caught him near the house.

Irondequoit man charged in death of Brighton businessman Ted Boucher

The Irondequoit man who owns the home where the body of businessman Edward "Ted" Boucher was found Saturday is now charged with second-degree murder.

Christopher J. Wernle, 48, was arraigned shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday evening in Irondequoit Town Court on a charge of second-degree murder. He pleaded not guilty.

Police did not provide details about the arrest but a news conference is expected to be held in Irondequoit Friday. Police arrested Wernle shortly before 4:30 Thursday.

Irondequoit man charged in death of Brighton businessman Ted Boucher

The Irondequoit man who owns the home where the body of businessman Edward "Ted" Boucher was found Saturday is now charged with second-degree murder.

Christopher J. Wernle, 48, was arraigned shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday evening in Irondequoit Town Court on a charge of second-degree murder. He pleaded not guilty.

Police did not provide details about the arrest but a news conference is expected to be held in Irondequoit Friday. Police arrested Wernle shortly before 4:30 Thursday.
According to the article, the victim's son is a prosecutor in the same county, so an outside prosecutor was brought in for this case. Apparently the suspect was in court for owing money several times in the past.
I thought earlier that this might have been about a debt.

Brighton businessman Ted Boucher beaten to death in Irondequoit: Court documents

According to court documents, Wernle is accused of fatally beating Boucher at 403 Helendale Road in Irondequoit on May 14, the same day Boucher was reported missing in Brighton by his family. Specifically, court documents allege that Wernle struck Boucher "multiple times with a blunt object."

Police stated at the morning press conference that the victim and the suspect were known to each other for years.

Irondequoit police press conference:

It was stated in earlier articles that he parked the car between 7 and 7:30 pm on Friday. The prosecutors said at the press conference that his family reported him missing at 8pm the same day. That was quick. Was he out of contact the entire day?

Last edited:
The suspect's mugshot looks nothing like his pics on his fb.

Arrest made in connection with murder of Brighton businessman

Christopher Wernle, 48, is charged with second-degree murder, according to investigators. Police say he was found walking on Denise Road, in the northern section of Rochester, when he was arrested. He pleaded not guilty at arraignment Thursday night.

wernle_background

Sometimes we find weird "stuff" on Google images in these cases. The link below is a zoomed-in look at the tree beside the house in the Twitter. At first, I thought it was a Halloween decoration, but it almost looks like it's still there in the video in the article. Just struck me as a bit weird. Shrugs JMOO

Google Maps
Now reporters noticed the same thing.

An eerie sight at 403 Helendale Road in Irondequoit— what looks like a crash test dummy is propped up against tree in the front yard. This is the house where Ted Boucher’s body was discovered nearly a week ago. @news10nbc

https://twitter.com/whec_eputnam/status/1395799599508606976 (reporter)

E17gVQpX0AMn8PH

The suspect from 2018 on his Facebook page to now must have hit a downhill spiral. His mugshot he looks very unhinge. As others mentioned. Plus the the fact he killed him in the house and dumped him outside the house, not to even care he would get caught. They knew each other for years? I would love to know the relationship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back