MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

Law Enforcement (in this case the county sheriff) is supposed to do that. Someone needs to give them a call and stir them up. Family members shouldn't have to pay to search for their family who may have been the victim of a violent crime.

If the county doesn't have enough money to do it, they should contact the state.

Representative Jim Kalberloh

Representative
Jim Kalberloh

573-751-4065

Senator Sandy Crawford – Missouri Senate
Senator Sandy Crawford

(573) 751-8793

Emails added

Sandy.Crawford@senate.mo.gov
Jim.Kalberloh@house.mo.gov

MAY 10, 2021
Family and friends will hold candlelight vigil to increase awareness about missing mother Echo Lloyd | News | kctv5.com
One year has come and gone without any answers for the family of a missing Missouri mother.

[...]

Lloyd’s friends and family members will hold a candlelight vigil at the City Lake in Pleasant Hill at 5:30 p.m. on May 15 to remind the community about the unusual circumstances surrounding her disappearance. They’ll also celebrate the memories they’ve made with the woman they miss.

“I miss absolutely everything about her,” Echo Lloyd’s daughter KS said.

Smith says last year she tried to drop off a Mother’s Day gift and card, but her mother didn’t answer the door or her phone. When Smith’s calls kept going to voicemail, she says she used a window to get inside her mother’s home. She found her mother’s purse and other signs that something was wrong. “Her wallet was there. Her ID and cash,” Smith said. “Her pistol was missing, her cell phone, her medications and keys.”

[...]

“Now is when I really need people to be asking, 'Where is she? Where is the evidence? What's going on here?'” Smith said. “Why she deserves to be home. Why she needs to be looked for. Why she's important, because she is important.”

[...]

MAY 10, 2021
Family and friends will hold candlelight vigil to increase awareness about missing mother Echo Lloyd | News | kctv5.com
One year has come and gone without any answers for the family of a missing Missouri mother.

[...]

Lloyd’s friends and family members will hold a candlelight vigil at the City Lake in Pleasant Hill at 5:30 p.m. on May 15 to remind the community about the unusual circumstances surrounding her disappearance. They’ll also celebrate the memories they’ve made with the woman they miss.

“I miss absolutely everything about her,” Echo Lloyd’s daughter KS said.

Smith says last year she tried to drop off a Mother’s Day gift and card, but her mother didn’t answer the door or her phone. When Smith’s calls kept going to voicemail, she says she used a window to get inside her mother’s home. She found her mother’s purse and other signs that something was wrong. “Her wallet was there. Her ID and cash,” Smith said. “Her pistol was missing, her cell phone, her medications and keys.”

[...]

“Now is when I really need people to be asking, 'Where is she? Where is the evidence? What's going on here?'” Smith said. “Why she deserves to be home. Why she needs to be looked for. Why she's important, because she is important.”

[...]

This case needs much more publicity and attention. Her daughter has worked so hard to keep her mother’s case active, but it just hasn’t gotten the attention some others do. Why is that? Makes me sad

Family of Benton County mom Echo Lloyd, missing for a year, holds vigil while search continues

PLEASANT HILL, Mo. — One year after her disappearance, family and friends of Echo Lloyd said they still have no closure on her disappearance.

The now 49-year-old mom of four was last seen in early May of last year. Her loves ones held a candlelight vigil Saturday evening to spread awareness about her disappearance.

The message at the event was clear: If you know something, say something. Family and friends of Lloyd said someone knows what happened to her and they’re begging for them to speak out.

“I kind of put it in the terms of it’s like living in the twilight zone,” daughter Kelsey Smith said.

The tears won’t stop flowing and the answers aren’t coming fast enough for Lloyd’s family.

“So, there’s thoughts that run through your head all day,” Smith said. “All different scenarios. What could’ve happened? Where could she possibly be?”

Or they’ve gone as far as they can without any evidence.

I'd have to check, but I think there's been an issue with the investigation not including taking fingerprints, DNA, etc. IOW, the last place Echo was known to be - her home - was not treated as a crime scene. Same for her car, etc.

I listened to The Vanished podcast again where Echo's daughter, friend and cousin were interviewed.

Putting the neighbor aside for the moment and I understand the concern with him, BUT....

My concerns for Echo's state of mind:
- her home not being kept up. It was described as dirty by the daughter. This really stood out to the daughter as not normal. Was something happening with Echo's mental well being and she started to let things go such as cleaning her home?
-I'm bothered by her gun being found on her property. Why was it there? Did she walk off with it, then left it and continued on foot?
-She went to a store on the day she disappeared (IIRC) and the check she used to pay for her purchase did not go through at the register. Was she attempting to pass a bad check? Or innocently didn't know she didn't have the funds to cover the purchase? She made a statement that someone (IIRC) took her money and someone was waiting outside for her. Did she just say these things to the clerk because she was embarrassed? Maybe she really was alone and drove there alone. Again, what was going on here.

There's a big part of me that believes she was not doing well mentally leading up to her disappearance. That she came home and ventured off on foot, alone. IMO

Last edited:
Because there is no husband, to project ''scenarios'' on. She isn't living in a million dollar house. There are no fashionable pictures of her with an idyllic background. Or pictures were she is smiling while showing of her $7500 wedding ring.

I know you're right - but it is so wrong. One life shouldn't hold more value over another and both women should have equal coverage in their stories imo.

Bolded by me.

Quite unbelievable.. both women went missing the same day. Also weird how people put a person on a pedestal.

So how about this community makes some noise about this woman who also happens to have children that love her.

I listened to The Vanished podcast again where Echo's daughter, friend and cousin were interviewed.

Putting the neighbor aside for the moment and I understand the concern with him, BUT....

My concerns for Echo's state of mind:
- her home not being kept up. It was described as dirty by the daughter. This really stood out to the daughter as not normal. Was something happening with Echo's mental well being and she started to let things go such as cleaning her home?
-I'm bothered by her gun being found on her property. Why was it there? Did she walk off with it, then left it and continued on foot?
-She went to a store on the day she disappeared (IIRC) and the check she used to pay for her purchase did not go through at the register. Was she attempting to pass a bad check? Or innocently didn't know she didn't have the funds to cover the purchase? She made a statement that someone (IIRC) took her money and someone was waiting outside for her. Did she just say these things to the clerk because she was embarrassed? Maybe she really was alone and drove there alone. Again, what was going on here.

There's a big part of me that believes she was not doing well mentally leading up to her disappearance. That she came home and ventured off on foot, alone. IMO
Any woman who has been sexually assaulted will not be doing well mentally for a long time.

''- her home not being kept up. It was described as dirty by the daughter. This really stood out to the daughter as not normal. Was something happening with Echo's mental well being and she started to let things go such as cleaning her home?''

Did you read #327? He would take her car, he had keys to her house, and just walked in like he lived there. Echo told Kelsey she was afraid of him, so Kelsey decided to confront him. Kelsey told the neighbor to give the keys back to her mom's house, and don't come over unless he is invited.

Hey,
My name is Chary,
I live in Missouri, and like most people saw her daughter's video and I felt so bad for her.
Echo lives in Edwards Union Township off M Hwy and Stag RD.
The neighbor keeps coming up, but LE does not see him as a person for interest. I was able to find his name Joshua Smith{ again just the neighbor that had keys LE doesn't consider a person of interest. }
Kelsey reported getting strange vibes from him, because when she first med him he came out of the woods directly behind Echo's house. Kelsey felt this man was taking advantage of her mom. He would take her car, he had keys to her house, and just walked in like he lived there. Echo told Kelsey she was afraid of him, so Kelsey decided to confront him. Kelsey told the neighbor to give the keys back to her mom's house, and don't come over unless he is invited. Kelsey reported this conversation was the first week in May. Maybe a week before her mom went missing. Kelsey reported having a get together at her mom's house, and the neighbor stood in the yard and watched them.
After the calls and leaving the mother's day gift, and not hearing from her for several days Kelsey became concerned. That's when she drove there tried to gain access, and went to the neighbor's house for the extra key. The neighbor said he gave it back because she told him she wanted her space. The extra set of keys have not been recovered. Once Kelsey gained access to the home she did find a receipt for Wal Mart on Mother's Day. She took the neighbor, and a clerk stated that Echo said there were several people outside waiting for her.
Her daughter said it was a mistake that she was in Climax Springs Dollar General, and actually at the Warsaw Dollar General. LE is currently viewing the surveillance tapes.

The items missing are her keys, cell phone, and medication which her daughter indicated that some are narcotics. Her gun was found outside of the residence. She does have a lake behind her house. A fisherman reported find a jacket and a shirt in the lake around the time she disappeared. I don't know if law enforcement is looking into it?

Law Enforcement (in this case the county sheriff) is supposed to do that. Someone needs to give them a call and stir them up. Family members shouldn't have to pay to search for their family who may have been the victim of a violent crime.

If the county doesn't have enough money to do it, they should contact the state.

Representative Jim Kalberloh

Representative
Jim Kalberloh

573-751-4065

Senator Sandy Crawford – Missouri Senate
Senator Sandy Crawford

(573) 751-8793

This case needs much more publicity and attention. Her daughter has worked so hard to keep her mother’s case active, but it just hasn’t gotten the attention some others do. Why is that? Makes me sad

''Her daughter has worked so hard to keep her mother’s case active, but it just hasn’t gotten the attention some others do. Why is that?''

Makes me ANGRY.

Bring Echo Home

About Echo Michelle Lloyd

Echo Michelle Lloyd, 48, was reported missing out of Benton County, Missouri on May 10th, 2020.

Echo was born in Harrisonville, Missouri but was a lifelong resident of nearby Pleasant Hill, MO. Echo graduated from Pleasant Hill High School. Echo has four children and three grandchildren.

Echo moved to Edwards, Missouri in early fall of 2019. She lived alone.

Echo Loves
Those who are close to Echo share many fond memories in nature, being creative, and always surrounded by family and friends.

About Echo – Find Echo Lloyd

Attachments

• Echo.jpg
    Echo.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26
  • Echo1.jpg
    Echo1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 30
Had any other friends of Echo’s been around her lately and noticed any changes?

Or was Echo a loner and happy being out in nature by herself not needing social interaction?

It says she was always surrounded by family and friends on the Find Echo page.

Was she working? Anything mentioned to coworkers?

Need to pull in all of her social contacts no matter how small and seek the missing puzzle pieces.

Identifying the group outside the store would be a step.

Did they check fingerprints on her gun?

Was she on any social media?

Any woman who has been sexually assaulted will not be doing well mentally for a long time.

''- her home not being kept up. It was described as dirty by the daughter. This really stood out to the daughter as not normal. Was something happening with Echo's mental well being and she started to let things go such as cleaning her home?''

Did you read #327? He would take her car, he had keys to her house, and just walked in like he lived there. Echo told Kelsey she was afraid of him, so Kelsey decided to confront him. Kelsey told the neighbor to give the keys back to her mom's house, and don't come over unless he is invited.

Yes, in the Podcast a family member or friend (I don't recall who exactly) said Echo was a victim of rape. I was hesitant to bring it up here. Of course that would have a huge impact on ones mental well being.

I scanned the post you referenced, but tuned out as soon as the neighbor was called by name. As far as I know the police have never named a suspect or POI in this case.

The neighbor does NOT sound like a standup guy at all. No arguments there. I'm just not comfortable going after him when it appears the police aren't, publicly at least.

I'm looking at this case without any personal feelings or connection to it. The items I mentioned stood out to me is all. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back