Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served on Grand Jury a few years back. I recall that the indictment hit the news on those cases within about 2-3 days after our vote. We had some rather serious cases; I took the responsibility of secrecy very seriously. I also took the responsibility that the evidence did prove to me that there was compelling proof of guilt seriously too. The idea that I could hold sway in affecting another life permanently scared me into impartiality. At least that was my personal experience.

Folks, what you "read somewhere" or "heard somewhere" is either rumor or hearsay and is not allowed.

If you can't link it, you can't discuss it. NO LINK, NO POST !!

sorry just trying to understand here....we’ve been discussing a grand jury proceeding for a few days now, there is no link, there is no verification that we have. We have one CourtTV report that mentions it and literally no mention in any other media. Is that not technically a “rumor” or “hearsay”? Thanks.

sorry just trying to understand here....we’ve been discussing a grand jury proceeding for a few days now, there is no link, there is no verification that we have. We have one CourtTV report that mentions it and literally no mention in any other media. Is that not technically a “rumor” or “hearsay”? Thanks.
AFAIK, Court TV is on the list of allowed sources of publication. If they mention it, we can discuss it. They have their verified sources. IMO it's entirely understandable that other media wouldn't publish anything about the grand jury proceedings. They don't want to interfere with its secrecy.

Last edited:
With the leak of the grand jury, I'm curious as to the impact it will have in regards to the change of venue

yeah, I really think it helps bolster the Defense’s claims that there are leaks coming from somewhere, combine that with the media coverage and whatever else he will argue I just think it helps strengthen their arguments for Change of Venue. That’s not to say that they’ll get a new venue but still.

I also think Prior doesn’t actually want a change of venue, not in the sense that a courthouse further away would get him that much of a difference in potential jurors who haven’t heard about the case; I think this is much more about thinking ahead & preserving the record for possible appeals so that it can be shown they exhausted every legal opportunity to try and seat an impartial jury and to have a fair trial. I don’t think he really believes that if they move to a few hours away that they will magically find jurors who haven’t heard about the case already.

Court TV is an approved source. Whether they are right or not, only time will tell, but at least they are approved.

The posts that my note referred to were discussing a random Youtuber and those posts were removed.

Any more questions in that regard, please use the Report feature or PM a Mod. Thanks.

Just curious if now that LVD is declared indigent, will the state fund MM? If the state funds MM will he be given stricter guidelines that he can’t visit all day (MM may be visiting LVD or a different client but not sure how to confirm that)? Will we see a court appointed attorney? Will CD declare indigency too?

All jmo moo imo

Just curious if now that LVD is declared indigent, will the state fund MM? If the state funds MM will he be given stricter guidelines that he can’t visit all day (MM may be visiting LVD or a different client but not sure how to confirm that)? Will we see a court appointed attorney? Will CD declare indigency too?

All jmo moo imo

It does appear there is some language within their own that may allow for the Court to almost negotiate payment and compensation for a private attorney to work for a defendant declared indigent. I guess we shall see

All jmo moo imo

According to Nate Eaton, Means will remain as her lawyer.
https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow/status/1395864999088648194?s=20

All jmo moo imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member