Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

I think this girl was probably a hitchhiker. Maybe when she was hitchhiking she tried to jump out of a moving car and had a fatal fall (perhaps a truck?). IMO.

I got a call from the ME office and they are testing Diana against this doe. The person said they were getting DNA from Diana's family.
She was very nice.

You never want anyone to be a doe but, you do want to bring them home.

#fingerscrossed

Do you know if this DNA ever come back?

If the process was begun in January, it's unlikely we'll hear anything for several more months.

Exactly! Another case I referred a match in is still awaiting DNA testing after 15 months due to a backlog. And on FB there are multiple agencies reporting Namus returning samples untested as they can't keep up with demand...

Exactly! Another case I referred a match in is still awaiting DNA testing after 15 months due to a backlog. And on FB there are multiple agencies reporting Namus returning samples untested as they can't keep up with demand...

It's not surprising. The labs were already backlogged, and then most of them were shut down for COVID for several weeks or months last year. And there are more and more requests for missing and unidentified people, cold cases, rape kits, etc.

It's so hard on the families to have to wait like this.

I still think that Allison Milles was her real name. I wish I could exclude the girl I found in the yearbook and she is alive and well... there are several around her age now in the phonebook, but from a different state, may or may not be her.

It looks like sam's no longer a member here unfortunately. I don't how long this testing takes but what do you think of the resemblance to Diane?
I think there are similarities.

This Jane Does NamUs profile has just been modified. They are up to 6 exclusions - Diana is still not on the rule out list.

Here is the list of ruleouts The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
MP27605 Terry Gayton 09/22/1984 Oakland MI
MP1506 Deborah Dean 05/03/1985 St. Louis MO
MP36952 Sharon Beaudoin 12/14/1979 Penobscot ME
MP12103 Linda Barker 04/07/1982 El Paso CO
MP869 Benita Chamberlin 02/23/1978 Lane OR
MP15590 Monique McClelland 08/21/1983 Bucks PA

show_image.php

Jane Doe enhanced
photo 1985
JANE DOE

Unidentified white female found alongside Georgia State Road 91 in Baker County Georgia on 24 May 1985. Female was found alive unconscious with no identification. Height 5'02" / weight 110 / hair brownish blonde / complexion was fair with some tan lines / slim built. Victim was wearing a gray t-shirt, Brittinia jeans, white Keds tennis shoes, white socks, and a red & white bandanna. Victim was found with a white pillow by her side similar to ones found in hotels.

Unidentified Remains: Baker County, White Female U159449883​

Unidentified Remains: Baker County - White Female

Case Info​

Date found: Fri, 05/24/1985 - 12:00
Race: White
Weight: 110
Height: 5' 1" - 5' 4"
Eyes: Blue
Hair Color: Brown with blonde highlights
Sex: Female
Birth Range: 1963 - 1970
Contact Info: GBI Regional Office in Sylverster - 912-225-4090
Location Found: City of Newton, 15 miles south of Albany, GA in Baker County, State road 91
Was wearing gray t-shirt, “Brittinia” jeans, white “Keds” tennis shoes, white socks, red white and blue bandana. Also in her possession was a white pillow, similar to those found in hotels

I come back to websleuths every so often hoping for an update :/ This one seems like their could be a match, so much info. Maybe 2023 will bring new information

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Helen Allison looks a lot like this Jane Doe, the most curious thing is to know that Jane Doe was wearing blue jeans with a laundry label with the name "Allison Milles":

Helen Irene Allison – The Charley Project

3710DFVA - Helen Allison

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Helen Allison would have been 29 years old in 1985.
They do look VERY similar, and 15--35 is a huge range which would cover this.
Also, I want to add this would technically fit the ISOForensics map, there is a small patch there in the sort of Virginia/WV area

1673271594406.png

Attachments

• EV-241_Predictions-TAP-Srbedrock_Bone_v2.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads