Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question but I’m no attorney, so asking because I have no legal experience. But does a Defense attorney have an obligation to the courts to present a “plausible defense” based on evidence to suggest their version of a defense could have happened. Hope that’s not too convoluted to understand. Having trouble getting my thoughts conveyed sometimes. Lol. I also am glad she’s been appointed counsel again. It’ll go much smoother and she can’t turn it into a circus as easily. MOO

Dumb question but I’m no attorney, so asking because I have no legal experience. But does a Defense attorney have an obligation to the courts to present a “plausible defense” based on evidence to suggest their version of a defense could have happened. Hope that’s not too convoluted to understand. Having trouble getting my thoughts conveyed sometimes. Lol. I also am glad she’s been appointed counsel again. It’ll go much smoother and she can’t turn it into a circus as easily. MOO
I'm gonna answer the reverse implied question: we cannot bring upon a defense based on lies, specially if they would constitute alleging someone else committed a crime.
If we use the "that other dude did it" defense, we better come prepared to at least raise reasonable doubt about their participation.

I'm gonna answer the reverse implied question: we cannot bring upon a defense based on lies, specially if they would constitute alleging someone else committed a crime.
If we use the "that other dude did it" defense, we better come prepared to at least raise reasonable doubt about their participation.
Thank you. Perfectly explained and makes much more sense than my garbled mess! So glad to have your input.

Oh my goodness. This is taking so long. I can't help but think she is trying to avoid the inevitable by delaying at every opportunity. I truly feel for his parents. This must be maddening for them.

oh I definitely think she is. The first prelim last June was delayed for her competency eval. (And her PDs said they hadn’t had enough time due to the amount of discovery and Covid.) Then, just before the March prelim, she decided to represent herself. 3 weeks before the May prelim, she decides she wants a lawyer. All the chaos with the lawyers has been nothing but a stall tactic, IMO.

Her preliminary hearings will be heard on 9/9 & 9/10/21 @ 9am MT.
The Defense has their work cutout for them. TS is a mess to say the least. I look for her to continue to give the state more to work with and for her to give her attorney more fires to put out, figuratively speaking. Wonder how her peanut butter messages are fairing lately. TS should just please guilty, imho. It won’t happen though.

The Defense has their work cutout for them. TS is a mess to say the least. I look for her to continue to give the state more to work with and for her to give her attorney more fires to put out, figuratively speaking. Wonder how her peanut butter messages are fairing lately. TS should just please guilty, imho. It won’t happen though.

Trouble is, I think she may have managed to convince herself that she isn't! She's been scheming for so long now she doesn't know which way is up!

I’m always comparing Leticia to Jodi Arias. They’re both completely self-absorbed and blissfully unaware of how badly they present to normal people. So many similarities but IMO Arias has a slight edge in the brains department. I was thinking about Leticia’s feeble escape plan and her assault of a guard during transport. (Why haven’t we seen charges for that??) I’m sure the court will be concerned about those attempts and Leticia may be required to wear a stun device on her leg, similar to the one Arias had to wear during her trial. Arias was smart enough to know she wouldn’t be able to get away with an escape attempt. Leticia not so much. That could get interesting because I think she will attempt another escape during her trial.

Did Tecia ever make it into the prison library, even once?

I rather figure she'd only want to go in there to see if it had a window she could birth herself through.

JMO

I’m always comparing Leticia to Jodi Arias. They’re both completely self-absorbed and blissfully unaware of how badly they present to normal people. So many similarities but IMO Arias has a slight edge in the brains department. I was thinking about Leticia’s feeble escape plan and her assault of a guard during transport. (Why haven’t we seen charges for that??) I’m sure the court will be concerned about those attempts and Leticia may be required to wear a stun device on her leg, similar to the one Arias had to wear during her trial. Arias was smart enough to know she wouldn’t be able to get away with an escape attempt. Leticia not so much. That could get interesting because I think she will attempt another escape during her trial.

My money is on some kind of fake illness, passing out etc in court!

BBM

I suspect we haven't seen charges for the escape attempt on the way to Colorado and probably never will because charges would have to be filed in Kansas where the crime occurred. No one is going to send her to Kansas to be tried. The only way that would ever happen is if she gets off in Colorado and I can't see that happening.

JMO

As I plan to celebrate the upcoming holidays with kids the same age as Gannon, I'm reminded of just how horrible and sad his death was. He was such a sweet kid by all accounts and his vids. Justice cannot come fast enough for him.

LS is going down, but I can bet the courtroom theatrics will be beyond compare. I hope the Judge is prepared and keeps control of her.

MOO

As I plan to celebrate the upcoming holidays with kids the same age as Gannon, I'm reminded of just how horrible and sad his death was. He was such a sweet kid by all accounts and his vids. Justice cannot come fast enough for him.

LS is going down, but I can bet the courtroom theatrics will be beyond compare. I hope the Judge is prepared and keeps control of her.

MOO
I think the Judge is well aware of what he’s dealing with and I sense he won’t put up with her antics.

This trial can’t come soon enough. Let’s get Tee into the Big House for the rest of her life.

She is evil personified.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members