Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
I think Darlie did it but I’m not sure there was any actual motivation. I think it’s possible she was having some severe postpartum depression/psychosis and probably doesn’t even understand why she did it herself. I still believe she was capable of planning it and doing it, but just not sure if she was really doing it for any “motive” other than just delusional thinking.

If she confided in anyone how she was feeling, it would have been Darren. I don’t think he did anything to her or the kids but I think he felt tremendous guilt because he knew something wasn’t right with her but hadn’t taken her to get help. Plus, I think he was obsessively in love with her. I think he still is, to this day.

I think Darlie did it but I’m not sure there was any actual motivation. I think it’s possible she was having some severe postpartum depression/psychosis and probably doesn’t even understand why she did it herself. I still believe she was capable of planning it and doing it, but just not sure if she was really doing it for any “motive” other than just delusional thinking.

If she confided in anyone how she was feeling, it would have been Darren. I don’t think he did anything to her or the kids but I think he felt tremendous guilt because he knew something wasn’t right with her but hadn’t taken her to get help. Plus, I think he was obsessively in love with her. I think he still is, to this day.

Yeah, I also wonder what kind of role postpartum depression played in this.

I apologize if I don’t post this correctly, I am new to Webslueths, but have reading and following for over a year now! This question may have already been asked but I have also thought that she may have had some post partum depression, but once the boys were gone, that depression sure disappeared. She was oozing with glee, serious glee at their grave site. She couldn’t contain her excitement. Awful for those poor boys!!

I think Darin knew all along what she had done, but was so besotted with her, he just helped cover it up. He must feel tremendous guilt.

I've been aware of this DR case for a while, but only recently saw the old UM segment - which led me to do more research on this 25-year old crime.

This is an extremely clear-cut case & it's very obvious that DR murdered her sons, cut herself to look like she was a victim, and ended up blaming fictitious "intruder/intruders." It reminds me a lot of the 1970 Jeffrey MacDonald case; there are a lot of similarities here.

She is exactly where she belongs. Glad a jury got this right the first time. Also glad the authorities didn't arrest & convict an innocent person in this case - especially since these miscarriages of justice have happened before.

Not only is she a murderer of her defenseless children, but it's appalling that DR tried to blame her innocent neighbor.

As far as "why" she did it? It's possible that because her marriage/life was falling apart, she just "snapped". I don't see her as insane/mentally ill, just an entitled woman who thought she could literally get away with murder.

Whatever the reason, she is definitely guilty. Anyone supporting her is in denial. The physical evidence that she committed these murders is overwhelming.

I've been aware of this DR case for a while, but only recently saw the old UM segment - which led me to do more research on this 25-year old crime.

This is an extremely clear-cut case & it's very obvious that DR murdered her sons, cut herself to look like she was a victim, and ended up blaming fictitious "intruder/intruders." It reminds me a lot of the 1970 Jeffrey MacDonald case; there are a lot of similarities here.

She is exactly where she belongs. Glad a jury got this right the first time. Also glad the authorities didn't arrest & convict an innocent person in this case - especially since these miscarriages of justice have happened before.

Not only is she a murderer of her defenseless children, but it's appalling that DR tried to blame her innocent neighbor.

As far as "why" she did it? It's possible that because her marriage/life was falling apart, she just "snapped". I don't see her as insane/mentally ill, just an entitled woman who thought she could literally get away with murder.

Whatever the reason, she is definitely guilty. Anyone supporting her is in denial. The physical evidence that she committed these murders is overwhelming.
From what I recall there were some allegations the hubby hitting on her teenage sister, he took her home that night, was gone for many hours. The wedding dress and wedding pics left out were a message to him as well. She intended to commit suicide and snapped out of it when she didn't die.

From what I recall there were some allegations the hubby hitting on her teenage sister, he took her home that night, was gone for many hours. The wedding dress and wedding pics left out were a message to him as well. She intended to commit suicide and snapped out of it when she didn't die.
Dana Stahl

There is a Websleuths thread about Darlie's sister.

THIS is what I've been looking for over the years. A reason why she snapped. I never could find it, because I didn't know these things happened.

I've defended that woman up one side and down the other, but ALL of this sounds exactly like what I do know of her personality.

The " She killed the boys and botched her own suicide" theory is the ONLY one that fits something as dramatic as flouncing like a child with a wedding gown and their wedding photos.

I've asked a million times what Darlie's life was like before she met Darin, and all I've gotten for an answer was " She met him when she was so young, she didn't have a life to speak of before they met".
So, him possibly looking like he was messing with her younger sister was the catalyst for her rage. With her history of PPD and narcissism about her appearance, I can see where that would hit especially hard and deep.

Thank you for a working theory that FINALLY makes sense. " Darlie is just plain evil" never was sufficient for me. As a Psychologist, I keep in mind that all behavior has meaning.

She's as guilty as sin, and it was a VERY personal crime to her. Wonder if her sister visits her ( if death row inmates can have visitors)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back