Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shamrock1.. agreed it was a lot to see in a drive-by. But like you say in your last paragraph. the pickup suddenly approaching, the speeding, all make sense. Just not him seeing so much while driving by. I'm not discounting it either, only how he was able to see so much happen in such a short amount of time. I just don't understand why we never heard more about this after all of these years. JMO

Terri had no real money of her own to hire a person to take Kyron and kill him. Kaine would find out about any funds that were missing from their accounts. He was already unhappy because Terri spent too much money, and he obviously kept an eye on the family finances. Taking a child is a huge risk, so why would someone do that for Terri? I just can't see that happening. And I totally disagree that Terri is not a sociopath. Her behavior has been very sociopathic and she is very narcissistic and manipulative. She did this to Kyron on her own. She planned it, and carried it out all by herself. But she didn't expect it to become such a huge national story.

I have always thought she is a sociopath and killed him herself. Failing the polygraphs falls right in line with her taking his precious little life.
From what I've read about her, she has the psychological makeup to be able to kill a young child, IMO.

In 2020, I had severe coughing to the point of vomiting as a consequence of the Coronavirus pandemic. I was familiar with the drug I finally had to take for a few days, but using it properly reminded me of how easily it will kill a child.
It is a cough medication containing Hydrocodone, and to say it's powerful is an understatement. I already had costochondritis ( separation of ribs) so was in severe pain and this was a short term way to break the cycle of debilitating coughing that I had developed with all the signs of asthma. But, it's also given to some people who have a mild to moderate cough. Depends on the doctor's or nurse practitioner's choices and the health of their DEA license status, I'd think. I did not ask for " dope", but it did help me heal and get relief for the agony of my rib injury by stopping the incessant coughing.

I do NOT know step- monster's level of education, experience with prescription medications, or control ( schedule) drugs.
However, I believe it's possible that Kyron did leave the school with step- monster unseen and was quickly doped up on a specific prescription of Tussionex ( Schedule drug) mild- tasting liquid cough medicine containing a whopping adult dose of Hydrocodone. It is still easy to ask for and receive a prescription for this or a similar or like medication if you're coughing violently and there's obvious need.

There is no way to monitor who gets the med. once it leaves the pharmacy, a 180 pound floozie or her 30- something pound sweet and vulnerable little stepson.
Also, it could have been a leftover in a friend or family member's house, belonging to any adult in her family or maybe just in the medicine cabinet, leftover from a winter cold). Cough medications with a whopping dose of Hydrocodone are not new drugs at all, and some people store it in the side door of the refrigerator with the condiments and pickles. No one really thinks about what it can do to a child unless they have INTENT to harm that child, or, like me, are flashing back on all the missing person cases here and realizing it is SO easy to drug a person into unconsciousness or unrecoverable respiratory distress ( sedation).

I believe both children were given liquid Benadryl, which would potentiate the action of the prescription cough medication and also act as an anti-emetic to some extent. Hydrocodone will make a percentage of the population vomit, as it is a synthetic narcotic, and one of the most common side effects of all narcotics is nausea and vomiting, especially with movement.
Because of the " He might throw up" factor, I tend to think she pulled off in a wooded area somewhere, and likely did put a plastic bag over his head if he was gagging or choking.
I'm not sure what her level of experience with medications is or was.
I believe he was in the floorboard of the truck very quickly, out of sight of passers by, " asleep" ( unconscious and his respirations slowing very quickly to the point of death).

This particular formulation of cough medication is never, ever prescribed for children because it can be deadly in an overdose even in healthy adults. There is no truly safe child's dosage. The name I'm familiar with is the formulation sold under prescription and DEA licensing named " Tussionex".

If it matters, the color is light yellow, the consistency is a weirdly thick liquid, but it tastes and smells pleasant. Cherry- like, but not nearly as strong as children's cherry cough preparations.

It would take a 6 year old about 20 minutes, tops, to become unconscious, or, if enough was consumed, around half an hour or less to slip into respiratory depression severe enough to kill. Think of the action of Morphine on a child's brain, and this is the same type of orally- caused fatal respiratory failure. The adult dosage is very small, I believe it's 1 Teaspoon every 6 hours.

If not this particular drug, I believe she did drug him with Hydrocodone or Oxycodone. As an adult who's never had any of the synthetic narcotics before 2020, I had no idea how strong it is.
Other ways to give a child Hydrocodone are to crush up non- coated pills, empty capsules, and put it in ice cream or something else enticing to a child which quickly turns into a liquid state, and feed it to them in one whopping dose.

I do believe the little girl was given SOMETHING, maybe just for the hell of it, maybe to keep her quiet while Step- Monster was watching Kyron die.

While I think it's remotely possible he was trafficked, and would never disparage a theory that he could be alive, Occam's Razor tells me she did NOT profit from his " disappearance" in any way except psychologically. Likely, he was thrown into the woods, or TH and DeeDee hastily dug a hole and threw his body in, covered it up and split.

IF she'd sold him as part of a child trafficking deal, she would have suddenly had a lot of extra cash to throw around, probably enough to leave the US in a hurry right after he was handed over, as I understand child trafficking. I haven't seen a statement that she attempted to flee, or otherwise gained significant financial assets... IMO only.

God bless Kyron always and forever.
I am sorry if this is long, boring or too graphic, but I've waited almost a year to post a slight revision as to what I believe happened and how because there are such easy ways to kill a child with medication. I am a very cautious RN who never worked pediatrics and never killed anyone, I didn't realize how strong Hydrocodone is with a weak and/ or underfed person of any age group until I had such strong medication in my own body and monitored my dosages carefully. I disposed of about half the bottle of my liquid medication into a safe permanent receptacle because I didn't need it, and didn't want it in the general area where my small dogs walk around and could be accidentally poisoned by a spill or broken bottle.

This is not a sophisticated or convoluted theory, using a drug many people have in their homes... But something made me stop and think about " our" missing children AND adults when I was so sick myself.

One last thing I want everyone to remember because Hydrocodone is often given as one caplet or capsule with Tylenol in it: Most OTC and RX pain meds, meds for flu, cold, fever, etc. contain Tylenol as a pain reliever/ fever reducer.

2 extra strength Tylenol contain 500 mg. of Tylenol.
The fatal dosage for a healthy adult is only 3000 mg.
of Tylenol in 24 hours from ALL the medications a person with influenza or other illness might be using together. There is ONE antidote which works if it is administered within 24 hours of the overdose.
After 24-36 hours, if liver damage has occurred to the point of liver failure, there is no cure except an emergency liver transplant for the very lucky people who accidentally took too much of such a common fever and pain relief medication.

There is nothing dialysis can do to save someone who didn't count up their mg. or have a well adult do it for them.
I have seen people die from at- home Tylenol overdoses. They were my ICU patients with acute liver failure we were trying to save with the one antidote that's available. I know this is slightly O/T but since it is almost unheard of for a doctor to prescribe Hydrocodone or Oxycodone without added Aspirin or Tylenol, which is what I was talking about regarding little Kyron, I hope it will be allowed.
Aspirin is safer for MOST people in any OTC preparation in the absence of a coagulation disorder or history or TIA/ stroke.

Last edited:
I have ALWAYS believed that Terri Horman gave Kyron a deliberate overdose. That time she spent driving around was her making sure he was not going to survive. I don't think Kyron actually died in the truck though, because that leaves a forensic trail. I think Terri dumped him once she was sure he was deeply unconscious and his breathing and pulse were significantly slowed. She continued to drive around until the baby woke up,and then coldly went on with her day.

I have ALWAYS believed that Terri Horman gave Kyron a deliberate overdose. That time she spent driving around was her making sure he was not going to survive. I don't think Kyron actually died in the truck though, because that leaves a forensic trail. I think Terri dumped him once she was sure he was deeply unconscious and his breathing and pulse were significantly slowed. She continued to drive around until the baby woke up,and then coldly went on with her day.

The worst part is: SHE HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT!!!

I prefer to think Lady Justice is just resting for a bit.

It really is not a whodunit- everybody and their mother knows Teri committed this crime, but after 11 years they still have not enough evidence to arrest her. It would take the police to find his body (which they won't) or someone talks and gives the police information. My guess would be that anybody that has information is scared to death of Teri- she is a dangerous person, probably a sociopath.

It really is not a whodunit- everybody and their mother knows Teri committed this crime, but after 11 years they still have not enough evidence to arrest her. It would take the police to find his body (which they won't) or someone talks and gives the police information. My guess would be that anybody that has information is scared to death of Teri- she is a dangerous person, probably a sociopath.

With her pattern of risky type behaviors, she might die prematurely.
Then, at least, we would have people talking about what actually happened to little Kyron.

I agree that people are afraid of her right now. One day, the truth will be known, and God already knows. That's what matters most, IMO. It's the only way to keep pushing through the missing persons cases. To know that God never takes His loving eyes off any of the missing, both the ones we know of, and those unknown. A few may still be alive, and the others are in a place of perfect love forever.

With her pattern of risky type behaviors, she might die prematurely.
Then, at least, we would have people talking about what actually happened to little Kyron.

I agree that people are afraid of her right now. One day, the truth will be known, and God already knows. That's what matters most, IMO. It's the only way to keep pushing through the missing persons cases. To know that God never takes His loving eyes off any of the missing, both the ones we know of, and those unknown. A few may still be alive, and the others are in a place of perfect love forever.

If there's one belief that this site has repeatedly reinforced for me, it is that everything done in the dark will eventually be brought into the light. Every decades-old DNA-solved case, every set of bones found by hunters or animals, every deathbed or jailhouse confession, gives me a little bit more satisfaction. Also, that there is no "getting away with it." Even if the law doesn't know what you've done, people do. And even if people don't know what you've done, you do. And even if there's no supreme being taking accounting and reckoning, the ugly things you do in life take a toll, and manifest themselves in unexpected ways, like in your demeanor, your appearance and your interactions with others.

If there's one belief that this site has repeatedly reinforced for me, it is that everything done in the dark will eventually be brought into the light. Every decades-old DNA-solved case, every set of bones found by hunters or animals, every deathbed or jailhouse confession, gives me a little bit more satisfaction. Also, that there is no "getting away with it." Even if the law doesn't know what you've done, people do. And even if people don't know what you've done, you do. And even if there's no supreme being taking accounting and reckoning, the ugly things you do in life take a toll, and manifest themselves in unexpected ways, like in your demeanor, your appearance and your interactions with others.

You made me think of the novel by Oscar Wilde- "The Picture of Dorian Gray", which was also a movie: The long and short of it is that someone made a beautiful portrait of Dorian Gray and the painting resided in the basement. However, the face of Dorian Gray ( in the painting) became twisted and ugly because it represented the ugly and sinful behavior of Dorian Gray. If there was a painting of Teri Horman, it would be hideous because it would reflect who she really is.

Personally I would like to get my eyes on all investigative material relating to this case.

I would like that for all unsolved cases, the police have enough to do with current missing persons. There are so many cases that aren't looked at again for years. Why not let others here in this group help out. Obviously there are privacy issues etc so signing non disclosure agreements etc would be needed. Also people would need to be vetted which would take considerable time, but overall once that is done, this group could spend their time working on cases that the police don't have time to do.

JUL 2, 2021
Inside The FBI: Missing Children's Cases
Kyron's case is discussed beginning at about the 8:55 mark. No new information unfortunately.

From the transcript, available at Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Cases — FBI:

Grover: On June 4, 2010, 7-year-old Kyron Richard Horman vanished after attending a science fair at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, that morning. He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “CSI” and a handprint graphic across the front.

In mere hours, the FBI joined the hunt for Kyron, explains Case Agent Brendan Dennard.

Brendan Dennard: Since that first night, the FBI has partnered with the lead investigative agency, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, to help find Kyron. In those early days of the case, the FBI provided dozens of agents to help do neighborhood canvasses and interviews.

Over the next few weeks and months, we also brought in specially trained agents from the FBI’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment—or CARD—team, digital forensic experts, and crisis management experts to support the large influx of information and tips.

Grover: The FBI has also supported the search for Kyron by providing backup from its Behavioral Analysis Unit and signal-boosting national publicity initiatives, he said.

The Bureau’s wide-ranging network of special agents—who are based across the country and around the globe—has enabled the FBI to vet tips from beyond Kyron’s backyard, he added.

Dennard: Everyone who has worked on this case for the past decade has one overriding goal: to bring Kyron home. Kyron and his family deserve no less than that.

It doesn’t matter whether you are a detective, deputy, officer, prosecutor, or an FBI agent—that need to find Kyron and provide answers to his family is something we all deeply feel.

Grover: If you have any information about Kyron’s disappearance, contact the FBI Portland Field Office at (503) 224-4181 or tips.fbi.gov.

Thank you Pommy, interesting to hear from the FBI and the type of help they lent in the investigation.

Hailey Dunn went missing in Texas six months after Kyron in 2010. Last month, nearly eleven years after she was murdered, the only POI in the case Shawn Adkins was arrested and charged with her murder. I honestly had given up on an arrest in her case, then boom out of nowhere they announced his arrest.

Hailey's remains (partial) were found, we don't have Kyron. Is that the major difference? I would think they have plenty of circumstantial evidence? I get the one bite at the apple mentality. What does the DA want in order to bring this case to trial, his body?

JUL 2, 2021
Inside The FBI: Missing Children's Cases
Kyron's case is discussed beginning at about the 8:55 mark. No new information unfortunately.

From the transcript, available at Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Cases — FBI:

Grover: On June 4, 2010, 7-year-old Kyron Richard Horman vanished after attending a science fair at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon, that morning. He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “CSI” and a handprint graphic across the front.

In mere hours, the FBI joined the hunt for Kyron, explains Case Agent Brendan Dennard.

Brendan Dennard: Since that first night, the FBI has partnered with the lead investigative agency, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, to help find Kyron. In those early days of the case, the FBI provided dozens of agents to help do neighborhood canvasses and interviews.

Over the next few weeks and months, we also brought in specially trained agents from the FBI’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment—or CARD—team, digital forensic experts, and crisis management experts to support the large influx of information and tips.

Grover: The FBI has also supported the search for Kyron by providing backup from its Behavioral Analysis Unit and signal-boosting national publicity initiatives, he said.

The Bureau’s wide-ranging network of special agents—who are based across the country and around the globe—has enabled the FBI to vet tips from beyond Kyron’s backyard, he added.

Dennard: Everyone who has worked on this case for the past decade has one overriding goal: to bring Kyron home. Kyron and his family deserve no less than that.

It doesn’t matter whether you are a detective, deputy, officer, prosecutor, or an FBI agent—that need to find Kyron and provide answers to his family is something we all deeply feel.

Grover: If you have any information about Kyron’s disappearance, contact the FBI Portland Field Office at (503) 224-4181 or tips.fbi.gov.
Praying for precious Kyron. This case breaks my heart.

Thank you Pommy, interesting to hear from the FBI and the type of help they lent in the investigation.

Hailey Dunn went missing in Texas six months after Kyron in 2010. Last month, nearly eleven years after she was murdered, the only POI in the case Shawn Adkins was arrested and charged with her murder. I honestly had given up on an arrest in her case, then boom out of nowhere they announced his arrest.

Hailey's remains (partial) were found, we don't have Kyron. Is that the major difference? I would think they have plenty of circumstantial evidence? I get the one bite at the apple mentality. What does the DA want in order to bring this case to trial, his body?

Juries prefer direct or tangible evidence. Juries prefer bodies with a known cause of death. DA's are very aware of this. There is circumstantial evidence of what? They don't know for certain exactly when or where this poor child disappeared to much less with whom. This screams of "reasonable doubt" to a jury whether we like it or not. Not successfully prosecutable in my opinion.

Juries prefer direct or tangible evidence. Juries prefer bodies with a known cause of death. DA's are very aware of this. There is circumstantial evidence of what? They don't know for certain exactly when or where this poor child disappeared to much less with whom. This screams of "reasonable doubt" to a jury whether we like it or not. Not successfully prosecutable in my opinion.

I agree with you. If by some chance Kyron's body is found one day.....the DA will file murder charges against Terri Horman. And you know she has to be aware of that too.

You're right, I'm frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member