Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Graphic photos/descriptions being shown right now of #MollieTibbetts' body.
@KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
1:46 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nicole Agee on Twitter
Dr. Klein says x-rays didn't show anything of significance. He's now explaining his first autopsy photo to the jury. We aren't seeing it on the livestream, but that doesn't mean we won't see any photos, so again, use caution if you're watching.
@KCRG
1:48 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Sharp-force or stab wound found in left cheek.
1:46 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Another wound near right ear. Consistent with single-edged blade, Dr. Klein says. This wound goes all the way through the skull.
1:49 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

One image showed a penetrative wound in her skull. Klein says it's indicative of a sharp-force injury (knife). @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
[URL='https://twitter.com/CGothnerKCCI/status/1396901418989232129']1:50 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App[/URL]

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
More sharp-force injuries found in cervical vertebrae of the neck.
1:51 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dr. Klein says there are two "defects" in two vertebrae midway up the neck. A blood vessel called the vertebral artery runs through this area right next to one of the wounds.
1:53 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says these wounds are consistent with a stabbing or large slashing.
1:54 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says depending on where the weapon entered the jugular and carotid are also near these injuries.
1:54 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Angenette Levy on Twitter
Dr. Klein says #MollieTibbetts body had a sports bra around the neck area. She also had socks. No underwear and no shorts and no headband were on her body.
@LawCrimeNetwork
1:57 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

(What I heard was that the sports bra was "rolled up"...)

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Sharp-force defect" found on Tibbetts' sports bra.
1:57 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says there doesn't appear to be blood on the bra; says it could've decomposed or is hidden by the pink fabric.
1:58 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Many more stab wounds on the back left side of the bra.
1:58 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Five on the left back side, one on the front.
1:59 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

So he stabbed her in the back multiple times, then she turns around & he stabs her in chest, neck & head? Or the other way around if she tried to run. Idk if any way to tell which side was stabbed first. One supports blitz predatory attack, the other trigger from alleged threat to call police, imo. Either way horrific.

This!

I can’t stand looking at him looking at these autopsy photos.
He doesn’t appear so doe-eyed today...I see dark circles.

MOO

I think he likes seeing the photos. The only times I’ve noticed him appear to be even slightly interested in anything happening in the courtroom was when photos were shown of Mollie’s remains and clothing yesterday and the autopsy photos shown today.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dr. Klein says genital area couldn't be swabbed because of decomposition.
2:15 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says abdomen/genital area was too decomposed to get any kind of samples from. Did a toxicology report -- it was negative for any alcohol/drugs.
@KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
[URL='https://twitter.com/CGothnerKCCI/status/1396908136947200004']2:17 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Cross-exam. Chad Frese: "Did you take her fingernails?" Dr. Klein: "Yes." Part of regular protocol so DNA tests could be run.
2:18 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App
[/URL]

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Rib bones in those areas show "kerf marks" or marks left by knife or other sharp blade.
2:10 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Back of right hand shows another wound.
2:13 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
This was the only hand wound, but Dr. Klein says decomposition could play a part of that.
2:14 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App
Was Mollie right or left-handed? If the hand wound came first, it could support the phone claim. Then she tried to run, imo.

A wound on the back of her hand...she tried to fight him off.

I am convinced he raped and murdered her in the cornfield. There would have been so much more blood found in the trunk if killed prior.

Nicole Agee on Twitter
Dr. Klein said swabbing for DNA was difficult given the severe decomposition. He says multiple sharp force injuries caused Mollie's death by way of homicide.
@KCRG
2:18 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Tibbetts was 5'2, 5'3". Dr. Klein says he can't exclude more than one weapon, but the wounds all appear to come from the same weapon.
2:19 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nicole Agee on Twitter
During cross-examination, Dr. Klein explains that they took finger nail samples from the body as standard protocol. He says the injuries are all consistent with one weapon, but he can't exclude more than one weapon. @KCRG
2:20 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Couldn't tell position of assailant from wounds.
2:20 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nine definitive wounds, suspects up to 12.
2:21 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Cannot tell size of the assailant from these wounds.
2:21 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Monday, May 24th:
*Trial begins (Day 4) (@ 8:30am CT) – IA – Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts (20) (July 18, 2018, Brooklyn; found Aug. 21, 2018) – *Cristhian Bahena Rivera aka John Budd (24/now 26) arrested (8/21/18), charged (8/22/18) & arraigned
<snipped by me>
@Niner, thank you for your amazing following ups of the cases here on WS. I had been waiting on the trial and looking forward to seeing this convicted for what he did to that precious child. But a friend of mine went for a follow up appointment last week with her doctor because of a nagging cough. That little cough has turned out to be a “mass” growing around her heart and so I totally forgot about everything but her. I was trying to distract myself during her biopsy and stumbled back on the trial and looked for your post cause I knew it’d be here somewhere. So now I can start from your post and keep up. And I appreciate all the references back to the thread numbers too. You are a true blessing here at WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes